The Staff selection commission(कर्मचारी चयन आयोग), commonly known as SSC is a government body which comes under Ministry of DoPT. The main purpose of SSC is to recruit the group 'B' and group 'C' personals for various ministries and departments under the central government. For which SSC conducts multiple exams throughout the year. The mains exams which are conducted by SSC are as follows-
1. CGL (combined graduate Level)
2. CHSL (Combined Higher Secondary Level)
3. CPO (Central Police Organizations)
4. SSC JE(Junior Engineer)
5. MTS (multi tasking staff)
6. Stenographer grade C and D
7. Constable (GD) in CAPF
Exam pattern and study material for SSC CGL(combined graduate Level)-
This exams is conducted in four stages as -
A. Prelim (200 marks)
B. Mains (400 marks)
a. For Statistical invigilator and AAO
(200 marks each)
C. Descriptive (essay and letter writing) (100marks)
D. CBT(computer based test)/typing test (qualifying in nature)
So including all the above stages the final marit is determined by the total of 700 marks(excluding Statistical invigilator and AAO posts).
The prelim test includes four following sections-
1. Reasoning ability(25 questions)
2. General studies(25 questions)
3. English comprehension and (25questions)
4. Quantative ability (25 questions)
The paper includes 100 question containing 25 questions in each section having 2 marks for each right answer and -.25 marks for each wrong answer.
The Mains includes following Papers-
1. Quantitative Ability( 100 question(2 marks each))
2. English Language(200 questions (1 marks each))
How to prepare for SSC CGL-
* Books to follow :-
For Reasoning ability-
1. Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
2. Analytical Reasoning by M K Pandey
3. A New Approach to REASONING Verbal & Non-Verbal by Arihant
4. Kiran’s SSC Reasoning chapterwise
For Quantitative Aptitude-
1. Mathematics 7300+ objective by Rakesh Yadav
2. Quicker Math by M Tyra (For Beginner)
3. Advance Mathematics By Rakesh Yadav
4. quantum cat by sarvesh kumar verma(up to level-2 of advanced math chapters and up to level-1 of other )
For English Language-
1. Plinth to Paramount by Neetu Singh (must to do)
2. Objective General English by S P Bakshi (Arihant Publication)
3. Previous Years Question Papers by M.B Publication
4. A mirror to Common Errors by A.K Singh
5. Word Power made easy by Norman Lewis(for vocab building)
For General Awareness-
1. General Knowledge by Lucent Publication.
2 Previous year questions by Kiran Publication(Chapter Wise)
*Study Approach to each subject *
For Reasoning Ability
This is the most scoring subject among all. You can easily score 40-50 marks out of 50 marks with a little efforts. You have to complete all the chapters including the Verbal and Non-verbal reasoning once.
and after completing all the chapters you should practice the Mock tests on regular basis. This will improve your ability a lot.
For Quantitative Ability
This is one of the most important subject as it amounts huge 200 marks in mains exam as well. so you must have a great command over mathematics. for basics-
* Step 1- complete all the chapters of SSC mathematics(Chapter wise) by
* Step 2- SSC mathematics 7300+ chapter wise by Rakesh Yadav.
* Step 3- upto Level-1 of arithmetic and upto Level-2 of advanced math of
Quantum CAT by Sarvesh Kumar Verma.
* Step 4- Daily Practice Sets.
* Step 5- Analyse score and work on weak chapters
For General Studies
This subject is the Game changer in all the SSC exams. You should study the GS subject wise including general Science and current affairs.
Step 1- General Knowledge by Lucent Publication
Step 2- Previous year Questions by Kiran Publication.
Step 3- Current Affairs upto last 1 years.
For English Language
If you have good command over this subject this will be surely an edge for you because most of the aspirants from hindi background do not have much command on this subject.
* Step 1- Read 2 chapters of wren and martin on daily basis.
* Step 2- Read Plinth to Paramount by Neetu singh one chapter daily.
* Step 3- Read Objective General English by SP Bakshi on daily basis and
do each exercise severely.
* Step 4- For common error practice do A Mirror to common error by A. K.
* Step 5- Practice previous year question papers by M.B Publication and
learn all the vocab mentioned after each practice paper(Very
* A piece of Advice- Remember the 3Ps for sure success on every stage of life and the world will be yours.
(Your ability to see something for how it could be rather than how it is)
(Your drive and how well you are able to sustain your effort on a particular course of action)
(Your ability to overcome obstacles, press through difficulties and stay strong amidst challenges)