Current Affairs of 05 September 2018 following as:-
1. Arif Alvi Elected Pakistan's New President:-
- Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) candidate Arif-ur-Rehman Alvi was elected as the 13th President of Pakistan, the result data from the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) confirmed.
A total of 430 votes were cast in the National Assembly and the Senate, with Alvi bagging 212 of them. President-elect Alvi will succeed outgoing President Mamnoon Hussain and assume office on September 9.
2. RP Singh Announces Retirement From International Cricket:-
- Indian Pacer RP Singh announced his retirement from International Cricket, exactly 13 years after making his international debut.
- The 32-year-old, who was a part of India's 2007 World T20-winning team, played 82 international matches and picked up over 100 wickets between 2005 and 2011.
3. International Women Entrepreneurs Summit 2018 held In Nepal:-
- The theme of the 3-day event is “Equality begins with Economic Empowerment”.
- The main objective of the summit is to bring together achievers, women business leaders, professionals, international service providers, resource organizations, experts, government representatives, and other stakeholders with a focus on innovative economic transformation through discussions and collaborations.
4. Suresh Prabhu Launches Technology Initiatives For Coffee Stakeholders:-
- Minister for Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu launched Coffee Connect - India coffee field force app and Coffee KrishiTharanga - digital mobile extension services for coffee stakeholders at a function in New Delhi.
The mobile app Coffee Connect has been developed to ease the work of field functionaries and to improve the work efficiency. The Coffee KrishiTharanga services are aimed at providing customized information and services to increase productivity, profitability, and environmental sustainability.
5. Manoj Sinha Inaugurates Conference On 'E-Mobility in Indian Railways':-
- A Conference on “E-Mobility in Indian Railways” organized by Ministry of Railways through Institution of Railways Electrical Engineers (IREE) in association with NITI Aayog concluded in New Delhi.
- The one-day conference was inaugurated by the Minister of State of Communication (I/C) and Minister of State of Railways, Shri Manoj Sinha. It was a precursor to the “Move: Global Mobility Summit” to be organized by NITI Aayog.
6. India to make its own F-16 fighter jets:-
- Maryland-based Lockheed Martin, an American security and aerospace giant, announced that the wings of its F-16 fighter jets will be produced in India. For this project, the Lockheed Martin Corporation has entered into an agreement with Tata Advanced Systems Limited (TASL).
- This move is to boost the Centre’s ‘Make in India’ initiative. To make this project successful Lockheed has offered to move its entire F-16 manufacturing base to India. India is yet to make a decision on it.
7. Indo-Kazakhstan Joint Exercise 'KAZIND 2018' To Be Held in Kazakhstan:-
- Indo-Kazakhstan Joint Army Exercise 'KAZIND' will be conducted between the Indian and Kazakhstan Army from 10 to 23 Sep 2018 in Otar region, Kazakhstan. This is the third joint military exercise between the two countries which have a history of extensive cooperation in the defence arena.
The aim of the exercise is to build and promote bilateral Army to Army relations and exchange skills and experiences between Kazakhstan Army and the Indian Army.
8. Teachers Day is celebrated VP M Venkaiah Naidu to give away National Teachers Awards in New Delhi:-
- The day is celebrated on the birth anniversary of educationist and former President DrSarvepalli Radhakrishnan.
- President Ram Nath Kovind greeted teachers on the occasion.
9. HDFC ERGO Makes Cyber Insurance Personal With Launch of 'E@Secure':-
- HDFC ERGO, India's third-largest non-life insurance provider in the private sector, announced the launch of 'E@Secure', a Cyber Insurance Policy for individuals.
- This policy aims at providing comprehensive protection to individuals and their families against any cyber-attacks, cyber frauds or digital threats that could lead to a financial loss and or reputational loss.
- According to the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) report 2016, there has been an increase in the incidence of Cyber Crimes by 6.3% in 2016 (12,317) over 2015 (11,592).
10. Sanctioned Rs 335 Crore to West Bengal in August: NABARD:-
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has sanctioned an amount of Rs 335 crore under the Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF) to West Bengal. The fund, alloted in August, would be used for 158 minor irrigation projects and 23 flood protection projects.
The minor irrigation projects are expected to benefit 20,506 hectares, covering 3.09 lakh population in 699 villages of 22 districts, while the flood protection projects would address the problem of rapid bank erosion caused by rivers.