Current Affairs of 04 September 2018 following as:-
1. Sunil Mehta elected as New chairman of Indian Bank's Association for 2018-19:-
- Sunil Mehta serves as the Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of
- Dina Bandhu Mohapatra, Managing Director & CEO, Bank of India, was elected as the body's Deputy Chairman.
- Shyam Srinivasan, Managing Director & CEO, Federal Bank and Rajnish Kumar, Chairman, State Bank of India, continue to be Deputy Chairmen.
2. India To Have ‘One-Nation-One-Card’ Policy For Transport Soon: NITI Aayog:-
- NITI Aayog Chief Executive Officer Amitabh Kant announced that India will shortly unveil a One Nation-One Card policy for public transport that will entail connectivity between various modes of transport. The announcement was made at a function on Future Mobility Summit-2018 in New Delhi.
- The road transportation segment alone contributes to around 4% of the country’s GDP with the segment still being heavily dependent on fossil fuels. The objective of the strategy is to plan for the citizens of India first, rather than focussing on vehicles alone, by providing sustainable mobility and accessibility.
3. Ukraine Conducts Joint Military Exercises With NATO Nations: Rapid Trident:-
- Ukraine has launched annual joint military exercise named Rapid Trident with the United States and other NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) member countries. Its main goal is to practice countering armed aggression in conditions of the hybrid war.
- It is being conducted week before Russia holds its biggest military exercise Vostok-2018 since the Cold War, in the eastern part of the country and with the participation of China and Mongolia.
4. President 3 Nation Visit: India and Cyprus Sign Key Agreements In Various Fields:-
- India and Cyprus signed key agreements in various fields cementing bilateral ties after delegation-level talks between President Ram Nath Kovind and his Cyprus counterpart Nicos Anastasiades in Nicosia. Both countries also agreed to expand cooperation in the fields of IT, tourism, shipping and renewable energy.
- One of MoUs was signed between Financial Intelligence Unit of India and Unit for Combating Money Laundering of Cyprus. Another MoU was signed for cooperation in the field of environment. Cyprus reaffirmed its support to India for its membership of the Nuclear Supplier's Group (NSG).
5. National Nutrition Month Being Celebrated Across Country:-
- The National Nutrition Month (September) is being celebrated across the country to mark the fight against malnutrition.
- During this month, various programmes have been organized by the Women and Child Development Ministry to spread broad awareness on the issues related to malnutrition like stunting, under-nutrition, anaemia and low birth weight in children.
- The decision to celebrate September as the National Nutrition Month every year was taken during the second meeting of National Council on India’s Nutrition Challenges under the Poshan Abhiyaan held in July 2018.
6. Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi inaugurates the first luxury cruise 'Alaknanda' in Varanasi:-
- he five-stars luxury cruise, a 30-meter double-decked modern line, is a startup venture of Varanasi based Nordic Cruiseline.
It will run between Assi Ghat and Panchganga Ghat for a two-hour ride of around 12 km in the morning and evening.
7. India Along With 23 Other Nations Participates In Tsunami Mock Drill:-
- India along with 23 other nations participated in a major Indian ocean-wide tsunami mock drill which will involve evacuation of thousands of people from coastal areas in over half a dozen coastal states.
- The exercise, known as 'IOWave18', is being organized by the Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission (IOC) of UNESCO, which coordinated the setting up of the Indian Ocean Tsunami Warning and Mitigation System (IOTWMS) in the aftermath of December 2004 tsunami.
8. International Aviation Summit Held in New Delhi:-
- The International Aviation Summit began in New Delhi, India. The seminar has been jointly organized by the Airports Authority of India, Ministry of Civil Aviation and International Air Transport Association (IATA).
- Union Minister for Civil Aviation Suresh Prabhu announced that the Civil Aviation Ministry is coming up with Vision 2035 under which it plans to build 100 new airports across India in the next 10-15 years with an investment of USD 60 billion and address the major issues concerning aviation industry such as airport infrastructure, taxation and use of technology.
9. Alastair Cook Announces International Retirement:-
- England’s highest Test run-scorer Alastair Cook announced his retirement from International cricket after final Test against India. He has scored 12,254 runs and made 32 centuries in 160 Tests all England records.
- He is sixth on the all-time list of Test run-scorers and has made a record 11,627 runs as an opener. He became the first Englishman to reach 10,000 Test runs in 2016.
10. Anjum, Apurvi Becomes 1st Set of Indian Shooters To Secure Quota Places For 2020 Olympics:-
- Anjum Moudgil and Apurvi Chandela have become the first set of Indian shooters to secure quota places for the 2020 Olympics.
- Anjum finished second on the podium and won a silver in the women’s 10m air rifle event of the International Shooting Sports Federation’s (ISSF) World Championship in Changwon, South Korea. Apurvi finished fourth in the same event.