Current Affairs of April 20, 2018:-
1.According to 2018 Report SBI India’s most trusted bank, ICICI tops in private sector:-
- The State Bank of India was the most-trusted bank (both public and private sector) in the country and ICICI Bank topped the chart among the private ones.
- This year in 2018, State Bank of India tops the chart of BFSI (Banking and Financial Services Institutions) super-category despite seeing a dip in its overall brand trust index ranking.
- According to Survey, the leader among the private banks is ICICI Bank, rising nine ranks in the overall ranking, it ranked 38th overall in 2018. Fraud-hit PSB Punjab National Bank ranks sixth among the public sector banks (PSB) and is 297th in the overall ranking.
2. India Ranked as 10th position in Commonwealth Innovation Index 2018: -
- India fetched 10th position in the index topped by the United Kingdom, Singapore, and Canada.
- The index was launched on the sidelines of the ongoing Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) as part of a new Commonwealth Innovation Hub.
- It is aimed at providing a tool that allows member states, organizations and citizens to benchmark themselves against 53 countries of the Commonwealth.
- The Commonwealth Innovation Index has been created in partnership with the United Nations World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) and its annual Global Innovation Index (GII).
3.Madhya Pradesh conferred Most Film Friendly Award:-
- State of Madhya Pradesh has conferred the award for the Most Film Friendly State for its efforts towards easing filming in the State by creating a well-structured website, film-friendly infrastructure, maintaining databases, undertaking marketing and promotional initiatives, unanimously by the Jury from among the 16 States that participated.
- The Most Film Friendly State Award was announced by the Chairman of the Jury, Shri Ramesh Sippy.
4.Dilip Chenoy takes over as FICCI Secretary General:-
- To replace from last Secretary-General Sanjaya Baru, now Dilip Chenoy was appointed as the Secretary-General of industry body Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI). He has replaced.
- Dilip Chenoy has worked as Director General of the industry body.
5.Parcel Directorate inaugurated by Shri Manoj Sinha:-
- Minister of State for Railways Shri Manoj Sinha has Inaugurated the newly created Parcel Directorate in the Department of Posts.
- This is primarily on account of the e-commerce boom in India, with e-tailers requiring integrated collection, aggregation, sorting, transmission and delivery systems.
6.Pocket Cop Project is Launched by Gujrat Police:-
- The Gujarat police unveiled the Pocket Cop project, which will enable quicker verification of passport applicants, and search of accused persons, among others.
The project is inaugurated by Chief Minister Vijay Rupani in Gandhinagar.
In this project smartphones are connected with data connectivity will be given to 4,900 police personnel, including every police station in-charge, investigating officer, PCR van, and those involved in passport verification.
7.Vice President of India Releases a Book titled 'Bhavdiye':-
- Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu, Vice President of India has advised the youth to protect preserve and celebrate Indian culture and traditions.
- He also thought that youths are both present and future of this country can achieve their life's goals with hard work and dedication.
- The Vice President said that Shri Kedar Nath Sahani was a writer, freedom fighter, a social reformer who inspired others to their whole lives.
- He was addressing the gathering after releasing a Book titled 'Bhavdiye' based on Compilation of Letters.
8.Saudi Arabia opens 1st movie theater in 35 years:-
- In Saudi Arabia, the first movie theatre has been highly anticipated across the country, after over 35 years of prohibition for religious reasons.
- There is a mixture of the Saudi and foreign audience watched the Marvel superhero film "Black Panther".
- And the first film screening is to be in the capital Riyadh.
9.World Bank declares that 19-crore Indian adults don’t have a bank account:-
- According to a survey, it is analyzed that India has 19 crore adults without a bank account.
- It is declared that India has the world’s second largest unbanked population after that of China.
- The Jan Dhan Yojana was launched by the Modi government in 2014.
- The Jan Dhan Yojana, for bringing in additional 31 crore Indians into the formal banking system by March 2018.
10.First Ever International SME Convention-2018 in New Delhi:-
- The Ministry of MSME has engaged with over 35 International Trade Development organizations to attract and invite able and willing entrepreneurs.
- One hundred and fifty participants from 31 countries and 400 entrepreneurs from India will participate in the four day International SME convention being held in New Delhi from 22nd to 24th April.