1. Nation Celebrates 127th Dr. B.R Ambedkar birth anniversary -
- Nation remembers Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar on his 127th birth anniversary. Floral tributes were paid at Babasaheb’s Statue in the Parliament House Complex, New Delhi.
- Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar was the chief architect of the Constitution of India and the first law minister of India.
2. XXI CWG 2018-
- Sanjeev Rajput Clinches Gold in Shooting-
- Shooter Sanjeev Rajput won the gold medal in men's 50m Rifle 3 Positions with a Games record at the 2018 Commonwealth Games to seven.
- Neeraj Chopra became the 1st Indian to Win Gold in Javelin Throw-
- Neeraj Chopra became the first Indian javelin thrower to claim a gold medal at the Commonwealth Games with the effort of 86.47m in the final.
- Mary Kom became the 1st Indian Woman to Win CWG Boxing Gold-
- Five-time world champion and Olympic bronze medalist MC Mary Kom has become the first Indian woman boxer to win a gold medal at the Commonwealth Games after defeating Northern Ireland's Kristina O'Hara in the 45-48kg category final.
3. RBI slaps Rs.3 Cr monetary penalty on IDBI bank-
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) imposed monetary penalty worth Rs. 3 crore on IDBI Bank for not complying with the outlined norms related to reporting of bad loans.
- The penalty was imposed on account of non-compliance with the directions issued on Income Recognition and Asset Classification (IRAC) norms.
4. PM Modi Launches Largest Health Care Scheme on Ambedkar Jayanti-
- On the occasion of Birth anniversary of Dr. B.R Ambedkar, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the phase one of the Ayushman Bharat schemes. Aim of the scheme is to create a healthy, prosperous and strong India.
- He also launched Health and Wellness Centre under Ayushman Bharat scheme in Jangala village of Karnataka.
5. MoU Between Indian Army and Axis Bank-
- A Memorandum of Undersanding (MoU) was signed between the Indian Army and Axis Bank on the Defence Salary Package.The current MoU is tailor-made to suit the requirements of serving soldiers, pensioners and families.
6. Rajesh Ranjan takes charge as CISF chief-
- Rajesh Ranjan, a 1984 batch IPS officer, took charge as director general of Central Industrial Security Force (CISF).
- With 34 years of experience Ranjan has held key posts including in CBI, as assistant director in the Financial and High Tech Crime Sub Directorate at the Interpol General Secretariat.
7. Union Home Minister launches e-FRRO scheme-
- The Union Home Minister Mr. Rajnath Singh launched the web-based application ‘e-FRRO’ (e-Foreigners Regional Registration Office).
- The e-FRRO scheme is aimed at building a centralized, transparent online platform for the foreigners to avail visa related services and to provide Faceless, Cashless and Paperless services to the foreigners with user friendly experience.
8. Third India-Russia Military Industrial Conference held in Thiruvidanthai-
- The third India-Russia Military Industrial Conference was held on the side-lines of DefExpo 2018 at Thiruvidanthai, Kancheepuram district on the East Coast Road near Chennai.
- India-Russia Military Industrial Conferences were held in past in March 2017 in New Delhi and then in August 2017 in Moscow.
9. Anand Kirti from Colombo will get Ambedkar Award-
- Indian Dalit Literature has announced the news on the evening of Ambedkar's 127th birth anniversary announced that Prof. Bhante Anand Kirti from Colombo, Sri Lanka will get Dr. Baba Saheb Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar International Award.
10. World Bank Approves $55 million for Bangladesh renewable energy Project-
- The World Bank has approved $55million to expand the use of clean renewable energy in rural areas of Bangladesh where grid electricity cannot reach easily.
- The additional financing to Rural Electrification and Renewable Energy Development (RERED II) Project that will install 1,000 solar irrigation pumps, 30 solar mini-grids and about 4mn improved cooking stoves in rural areas.
11. RBI Tightens Monitoring of Liberalized Remittance Scheme-
- The Reserve Bank of India tightened reporting norms for the Liberalised Remittance Scheme (LRS) under which an individual can transfer up to USD 2,50,000 abroad in a year.
- The monitoring of adherence to the limit is confined to obtaining such a declaration without independent verification, in the absence of a reliable source of information.
12. Bangladesh Ends Reservation in Government Jobs-
- Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has decided to scrap the quota system in government services after thousands of students marched across the country in protest.
- Prime Minister Hasina has suggested abolishing the quota system for government jobs altogether. However said, the government could make special arrangements for jobs for the people with disabilities and the backward ethnic minority ones.