1. Pakistan SC bans former PM Nawaz Sharif from holding office for life-
- Pakistan's Supreme Court has disqualified deposed Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif from holding office for life.
- Sharif, resigned in July after the Supreme Court disqualified him from holding office over an undeclared source of income and name in Panama Papers.
2. Kidambi Srikanth Wins his 1st CWG Silver and became the world’s no. 1 shuttler -
- World’s number one Indian shuttler Kidambi Srikanth won his career's first Commonwealth Games singles Silver medal after defeating in the final with Malaysia's Lee Chong Wei.
3. Anish Bhanwala becomes India’s youngest gold medalist at CWG-
- 15 years old Anish Bhanwala from Karnal district of Haryana created history by becoming the youngest ever gold medalist at the XXI Commonwealth Games (CWG)
- He bagged the Gold in the men’s 25m Rapid Fire Pistol event in Gold Coast, Australia.
4. US, UK and France conducted Combined airstrikes in Syria-
- US,UK and France conducted air strikes in Syria after the alleged use of Chemical Weapons by Syrian governments.
5. 'Mission Buniyaad' Launched by Delhi Govt. To Improve Students' Learning Skills-
- The Delhi government has launched the "Mission Buniyaad" scheme to improve learning levels of children from classes 3 to 9.
- Under the programme which will run from April to June for class 3rd to 5th in MCD schools and class 6th to 9th in government schools, children will undergo a reading level assessment based on which they will be enrolled in specialised classes.
6. Noted artist Ram Kumar passes away-
- Senior artist Ram Kumar has passed away at the age of 94. As a modernist, he was associated with the Progressive Artists’ Group comprising M.F.Husain and others prominent artists. He was known for his abstract landscapes.
7. Cashbacks launched on BHIM for users, merchants-
- To compete the contemporary online payments apps the govt approved UPI based BHIM app also launched the cashback scheme for users as well as for merchants.
- Merchants who accept payments through BHIM or other apps using the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) will be entitled to a maximum cashback of Rs 1,000 per month.
8. President Ram Nath Kovind receives first copy of book ‘Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar: Vyakti Nahin Sankalp’-
- The President Ram Nath Kovind, received the first copy of the book ‘Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar: Vyakti Nahin Sankalp’ from the Vice President of India, M. Venkaiah Naidu, who formally released it at a function held at Rashtrapati Bhavan to mark Dr B.R. Ambedkar’s birth anniversary.
9. L&T, BEL Ink MoU for Defence Products under the 'Make in India' initiative -
- In line with the efforts to indigenize the defence sector under the 'Make in India' initiative, Larsen & Toubro (L&T) and Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) signed a MoU to cater to the needs of evolving domestic and export markets for defence products and systems.
10. India’s industrial output at 7.1% for month of February but trade deficit doubles-
- With more than projected rise of 6.8%, India’s industrial production rose 7.4% in January and 7.1% in February as the projected rise was 6.8%.
- But the trade deficit reached to 87.2bn in FY 2017-18 as compared to 47.7 bn in FY 2016-17.
11. NPCIL & NSDC Signed a MoU for skill training among youth and women-
- The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) signed a MoU with the Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) to provide skill training to 500 youth and women at Kudankulam in Tamil Nadu. The skill development project will be executed by NSDC through its approved training partners.