1. National Maritime Day celebrated today (April-5)
- The National Maritime Day is celebrated on April 5th. It was first celebrated in 5th april 1964.
- The theme of 55th edition of the National Maritime Day 2018 celebrations is “Indian Shipping – An Ocean of opportunity”.
- Today also the International Day for Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action observed all over the world on 4 April.
2. CWG 2018- India grabs 1gold and 1 silver medals on first day-
- Mirabai Chanu, Weightlifter and current world champion Mirabai Chanu clinched the India’s first gold medal of the 2018 Commonwealth Games.
- Weight Lifter P. Gururaja Wins Silver In the 56 kilogram category.
3. Trial run of first India-Bangladesh container train flagged off from Kolkata -
- The trial run of the first container train with 60 containers between India and Bangladesh was flagged off from Kolkata. That will pass through Sealdah, Naihati, Ranaghat and Gede in India and Darsana and Ishurdi in Bangladesh before reaching Bangabandhu West station, 117 kilometres off capital city of Dhaka.
4. India Ratings ups India’s FY19 GDP growth to 7.4%
- India Ratings and Research has revised it’s FY 2018-19 GDP growth forecast to 7.4% from 7.1% earlier. As per it’s report FY 2018-19 growth will continue to be driven by consumption and associated sectors such as automobiles, cargo handled at major ports.
5. IndusInd Bank gets RBI nod to acquire IL&FS arm-
- Private sector IndusInd Bank has received RBI's approval to buy the securities services arm of IL&FS. The bank entered an agreement with Infrastructure Leasing and Financial Services, the promoter shareholder of IL&FS Securities Services Ltd (ISSL), to acquire 100 per cent stake.
6. Himanta Biswa Sarma was Elected BAI President-
- Himanta Biswa Sarma, Assam Health and Education Minister was unanimously elected the Badminton Association of India (BAI) President during its annual general body meeting in Goa.
7. High Powered Committee established to examine the system of conducting Class X and Class XII exam-
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development has constituted a High Powered Committee to examine the entire system of conducting Class X and Class XII examination conducted by the CBSE with a view to prevent leakages. This will chaired by shri Vinay Sheel Oberoi, Retd. Secretary (Higher Education), MHRD. The Committee will submit it’s report before 31st may 2018.
9. SBI Life gets new MD & CEO as Sanjeev Nautiyal -
- Sanjeev Nautiyal was appointed as its new Managing Director and CEO of SBI Life. He replaces Arijit Basu, who takes over a key role in the State Bank of India Group.
10. Himachal Pradesh launched Mother's Absolute Affection (MAA) programme-
- With an aim to promote breastfeeding, Himachal Pradesh Health Minister Vipin Parmar launched Mother's Absolute Affection (MAA) programme in the state.
11. NASA Successfully Tests Supersonic Mars Landing Parachute
- A supersonic parachute that will help NASA missions to land on Mars, was successfully launched into the sky.The Advanced Supersonic Parachute Inflation Research Experiment (ASPIRE) was launched from NASA’s Wallops Flight Facility in the US.
12. Subrata Bhattacharjee Appointed As Next Ambassador Of India To Serbia-
- Subrata Bhattacharjee (IFS: 1989) has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Serbia.