Skip to main content
1. 21st Commonwealth Games 2018 Starts at Gold Coast in Australia-
- This will be held from 4th April to 15th April 2018.
- P V Sindhu was the led by flag-bearer of contingent of over 200 Indian athletes.
- Australia will host the Commonwealth Games for fifth time.
- Share the Dream" is the official motto for the 2018 Commonwealth Games.
- A total of 275 events will be held in 19 sports.
- Opening ceremony held in Carrara Stadium.
- “Borobi” was named as the mascot of the 2018 Commonwealth Games.
2. India ranks 37th in global startup ecosystem in 2017-
- According to a report released by global startup ecosystem map Start up blink India ranked 37th in the global startup ecosystem in year 2017. The list, measuring startup ecosystem strength and activity was topped by the USA and was followed by the UK.
3.Indo-Kyrgyzstan joint training exercise KHANJAR-V concludes-
- The 5th Indo-Kyrgyzstan Joint Training Exercise KHANJAR-V ended on 29 March. This two week joint training was started on 16 March included understanding tactics of platoon level, developing inter operability and sharing of best practices.
4.NIRF India Rankings 2018’ for Higher Education Institutions-
- The HRD Ministry released the NIRF India Rankings 2018 in various categories on the basis of performance of Higher Educational Institutions in a programme held in New Delhi. Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru topped in overall category. 69 top institutions in 9 categories were given awards at the event. a total of 2809 institutions have participated in 9 categories.
5.Jio Payments Bank Begins Its Operations-
- Jio Payments Bank Limited has started operations as a payments bank with effect from April 3, 2018. It is a joint venture of Reliance Jio and SBI.
- Srikrishnan, who was earlier with HDFC Bank and Yes Bank, has been appointed MD and CEO of Jio Payments Bank.
6. RBI drops Axis Bank and other two banks from list of bullion importers-
- RBI has dropped Axis Bank including Two other small banks Karur Vyasa and South Indian Bank from a list of banks it has cleared to import gold and silver in the current financial year that began 1st April 2018.
7 . MoU signed between Indian Army and HDFC Bank-
- An MoU was signed between the Indian Army and HDFC Bank on the Defence Salary Package. Under the MoU apart from other benefits the Army personnel will get free personal accident death cover and free permanent disability cover of Rs 30 lakhs, free educational cover of upto Rs 1 Lakh per year for four years for education of dependent child in case of accidental death of defence personnel and 100% processing fees waived for Car Loans and Personal Loans.
8. SoftBank Signs $930 Million Deal To Set Up Solar Venture In India-
- Japan’s SoftBank Group Corp has agreed to launch a $930 million Indian joint solar energy venture with Chinese firm GCL System Integration Technology Co as part of its India solar investment roadmap.