WII- Wildlife Institute of India announced reveals a notification on August 01, 2018, for the posts of Project Scientists. Total 02 posts are declared by the Institute. All these posts are declared on a contractual basis for a period of initially one year period of Contract. The last date to apply for the posts is August 16, 2018.
डब्ल्यूआईआई- वन्यजीव संस्थान ने घोषणा की कि परियोजना वैज्ञानिकों की पदों के लिए 01 अगस्त, 2018 को एक अधिसूचना का खुलासा किया गया है। संस्थान द्वारा कुल 02 पद घोषित किए गए हैं। इन सभी पदों को अनुबंध की शुरुआत में एक वर्ष की अवधि के लिए संविदात्मक आधार पर घोषित किया जाता है। पदों के लिए आवेदन करने की आखिरी तारीख 16 अगस्त, 2018 है।
About WII:- The Wildlife Institute of India is an autonomous institution under the Ministry of Environment Forest & Climate change, Government of India. The institute is based in Dehradun, India. It is located in Chandrabani, which is close to the southern forests of Dehradun.
The details of the posts are:-
|Name of the posts||Project Name||Nature of Work|
|Conservation Geneticist / Ecologist||WII-NTCA Tiger Cell||The candidate shall work with NTCA and WII for doing applied research on conservation genetics as well as ecology.|
|Project Scientist (Ecologist/SociologistOutreach)||Habitat Improvement and Conservation Breeding of Great Indian Bustard||Candidate will coordinate and conduct in-situ conservation activities such as training, outreach, advocacy, habitat improvement.|
Some Important dates are:-
|Online Registration Starts||02 August 2018|
|Online Registration ends||16 August 2018|
|Written Exam Will be on||02 September 2018|
|List of Qualifying Candidates||07 September 2018|
|Interview Date||26 September 2018|
The educational details for both the posts are:-
- For the post of Conservation Geneticist / Ecologist:- The Candidates must possess an M.Sc in Biotechnology/ Bio Sciences/ Wildlife Science/ Life Sciences / Zoology/ Forestry / Veterinary Sciences and along with the 03(three) years research experience after Masters degree OR Ph.D. in any of the above disciplines.
- For the post of Project Scientist (Ecologist/SociologistOutreach):- The Candidates must possess an M.Sc. in Social Sciences / Mass Communication / Public Policy / Wildlife Sciences / Zoology / Life Sciences / Forestry / Veterinary Sciences and along with the 03(three) years research experience after Masters degree OR Ph.D. in any of the above disciplines.
A Selection Process for the Candidates is depended upon the Written test after that Interview process.
Details of Written Test:- The Online Written test will be held on September 02, 2018. The written examination will be of comprising of multiple-choice objective questions. Candidates have to choose the Choices of tests when they are filling the form.
For the WII-NTCA Tiger Cell Ecologist position, the test will be based on Animal Ecology, Population Assessment, and Conservation Biology, and for Conservation Geneticist position, a test will be based on Ecology, Evolution, Molecular Biology, and Genetics.
For the Habitat Improvement and Conservation Breeding of Great Indian Bustard Project Scientist Ecologist position, a test will be based on Ecology, Grassland Ecosystems and Bustard Biology, while for the Sociologist-Outreach position test will be based on Social Sciences, Conservation Education/Awareness, Community based Conservation and Mass Communication. After shortlisted from the Online Written Test.
Details of Interview:- The Interview will be held at the main office of the Dehradun. The shortlisted candidates from the Written test will be displayed on September 07, 2018. And the shortlisted candidates will present on the Interview venue on September 26, 2018, along will all the original documents.
How to apply
Interested Candidates can apply Online for the posts from here:-http://www.wii.gov.in/recruitments.
1. After clicking on Apply Online Link.
2. Candidate should enter
(1) Name in full in Block letters
(2) Date of Birth
(3) Father’s /Husband Name
(4) Address for correspondence including phone, and email.
3. Educational/professional qualifications indicating clearly examination passed, year, university, subjects, marks obtained.
4. Enter your Experience if there applicable.
5. Pay your Application fees:- Rs.800/- through the prescribed “Payment Gateway”. Candidates belonging to SC, ST category need to pay only Rs 100/- as communication fees.
6. The candidate has to Select the Exam Center of your own Choice among these (i) Dehradun (ii) Mumbai, (iii) Bangalore, (iv) Chennai, (v) Kolkata, (vi) 2 Delhi/NCR.
6. Before Clicking on final submission. The Candidate will take a look at the Application form. Take a print out of the Application fo that will be used to present on the Interview date.
Click here to Check Official Notification of the posts:- Official Notification Link