Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission or UPPSC has announced notification for the post of Combined State / Upper Subordinate Service, Assistant Conservator of Forest, Range Forest Officer Services, PH (Backlog / Special). Total Vacancies are 924 and the last date to apply is 06-08-2018. (उत्तर प्रदेश लोक सेवा आयोग या यूपीपीएससी ने संयुक्त राज्य / ऊपरी अधीनस्थ सेवा, वन के सहायक संरक्षक, रेंज वन अधिकारी सेवाओं, पीएच (बैकलॉग / स्पेशल) के पद के लिए अधिसूचना की घोषणा की है। कुल रिक्तियां 9 24 हैं और आवेदन करने की अंतिम तिथि 06-08-2018 है।).
About UPPSC - The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission or UPPSC is the state agency authorized to conduct the Civil Services Examination for entry-level appointments to the various Civil Services of Uttar Pradesh.
Post-Wise vacancy list -
|Name of the Post||Total Post||Salary details|
|Combined State / Upper Subordinate Service||831||-|
|PH (Backlog / Special)||01||-|
|Assistant Conservator of Forest||16||Rs. 15600/- to Rs. 39100/-, Grade Pay- Rs. 5400/-|
|Range Forest Officer Services||76||Rs. 9300/- to Rs. 34800/-, Grade Pay – Rs. 4800/-|
|Total No of Post||924|
Important Dates -
|Last Date for Apply Online||06/08/2018|
|Last Date for Payment of Application fee Online in Bank||02/08/2018|
The candidates must possess Bachelors Degree of any recognised University or equivalent qualification upto the last date for receipt of application.
For the posts included in the Combined State / upper subordinate services(GeneralRecruitment/ Physically Handicapped –Backlog/ Special Recruitment) - specific qualifications have been prescribed of which the details are given below:-
|Name of the Post||Qualifications|
|Sub Registrar, Assistant Prosecuting Officer (Transport)||Law Graduate|
|District Basic Shiksha Adhikari / Associate DIOS and Other equivalent administrative posts, District Administrative Officer||Post Graduate Degree|
|District Cane Officer, U.P. Agriculture Service Group “B” (Development Branch)||Agriculture Graduate|
|District Audit Officer (Revenue Audit)||Commerce Graduate|
|Assistant Controller Legal Measurement (Grade-I) / Assistant Controller Legal Measurement (Grade-II)||Degree in Science with Physics or Mechanical Engg. As one subject.|
|Assistant Director Industries (Marketing), Assistant Director Industries (Handloom)||Post Graduate Degree in Arts, Science or Commerce or Technology or Post Graduate Degree in Textile Industries of any recognised Institute or minimum Graduation Degree in Textile Technology.|
|Assistant Labour Commissioner||Degree in Arts with Sociology or Economics as a subject or Commerce/Law.|
|District Programme Officer||Degree in Sociology or Social Science or Home Science or Social Work.|
|Senior Lecturer, DIET||Post Graduate Degree with B.Ed.|
|District Probation Officer||Post Graduate Degree in Psychology or Sociology or Social Work or any qualification equivalent thereto or Post Graduate Diploma in any Branch of Social Work from any recognised Institute of Social Work.|
|Designated Officer / Food Safety Officer||
(1) Post Graduate Degree in Chemistry as one of the subjects from a University established by law in India or a qualification recognised by the Government as equivalent thereto, or
(2) At least one of qualification prescribed for Direct Recruitment to the post of Food Safety Officer given as below: A Bachelor's Degree in Food Technology or Dairy Technology or Biotechnology or Oil Technology or Agricultural Science or Veterinary Sciences or Bio-Chemistry or Microbiology or Post Graduate Degree in Chemistry or Degree in Medicine from a recognised University, or any other equivalent/recognised qualification notified by the Central Government, Provided that no person who has any financial Interest in the manufacture, import or sale of any article of food shall be appointed to be a Food Safety Officer
|Statistical officer||Post Graduate Degree in mathematics or Mathematical Statistics or Statistics or Agricultural Statistics from a university recognized by Law in India or equivalent qualification recognised by the Government.|
|Information Officer / District Information Officer / Script Writer / Feature Writers / Incharge, English||
(A) Essential qualification:
(i) A Bachelor's degree with Hindi as one of the subjects from a University established by law in India or a degree recognised by the Government as equivalent thereto.
(ii) Diploma in Journalism or 5 Years Journalistic experience.
(B) Preferential Qualification:
(1) Experience of writing articles, scripts and features in the newspapers and magazines.
(2) Bachelor Degree in Journalism from a University established by law in India or any Institution recognised by the Government as equivalent thereto. Diploma in Music / Lighting / Acting / Direction etc. from any institute recognized by the Government.
|Principals, Government Intermediate Colleges (For Boys or Girls)||(i) A Post-graduate degree from a University established by law in India or a degree recognised by the Government as equivalent thereto. (ii) L.T. Diploma of the Department of Education, Uttar Pradesh, or B.T.or B.Ed.or an equivalent Degree of a University. At least three years teaching experience in High School or Intermediate Classes or Classes higher than above from a College or University established by law in India or any such Institution recognised by the Government.|
|Labour Enforcement Officer||Bachelor's degree with Economics or Sociology or commerce and Post Graduate Diploma or Postgraduate Degree in Law / Labour relation / Labour welfare / Labour Law / Commerce / Sociology / Social work / Social welfare / Trade Management / Personnel Management.|
For the Post of Assistant Conservator of Forest:-
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATION - A Bachelor's degree with at least one of the subject namely Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Geology, Forestry, Statistics or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture or Bachelor's degree in Engineering from a University established by Law in India or a Foreign University approved by the Central Government from time to time, or a qualification recognised by the Government as equivalent thereto.
PREFERENTIAL QUALIFICATION: A candidate who has
(1) served in the Territorial Army for a minimum period of two years, or
(2) obtained a "B" certificate of N.C.C. shall other things being equal, be given preference in the matter of direct recruitment.
FOR THE POST OF RANGE FOREST OFFICER:-
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATION- A Bachelor's Degree with two or more of the subjects, namely Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Forestry, Geology, Agriculture, Statistics, Horticulture and Environment or Bachelor's Degree in Agriculture or Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Bachelor's degree in Veterinary Science from a University established by Law in India or possess a qualification recognized by the Government as equivalent thereto.
PREFERENTIAL QUALIFICATION- A candidate who has:
(I) Served in the Territorial Army for a minimum period of two years, or
(II) Obtained a 'B' Certificate of National Cadet Corps, or
(III) Represented the state in any game, shall, other things being equal, be given preference in the matter of direct recruitment.
Minimum Physical Standard -
For the Post of Assistant Conservator of Forest and Range Forest Officer -
(1) No candidate for direct recruitment shall be appointed to the service unless he/she possesses the minimum standard for height and chest girth as specified below:-
|Sex||Height||Chest girth (Fully expanded)||Expansion|
|Male||163 cms||84 cms||5 cms|
|Female||150 cms||79 cms||5 cms|
Provided that the minimum height standard in case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes and to races such as Gorkhas, Nepalese, Assamese, Meghalayan Tribal, Laddakhese, Sikkimese, Bhutanese, Garhwalies, Kumaunies, Nagas and Arunachal Pradesh candidates, shall be as follows:-
2) The male candidates will be required to qualify in the walking test of 25 kms. to be completed in Four hours and female candidates of 14 kms. to be completed in Four hours. The arrangement for conducting this test will be made by the Chief Conservator of Forests, Uttar Pradesh so as to synchronize with the sittings of the Medical Board.
(1) No candidate shall be appointed to a post in the service unless he/she be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of his/her duties. Before a candidate is finally approved for appointment by direct recruitment he/she shall be required to pass an examination by a Medical Board.
2) A female candidate who as a result of the test is found to be pregnant of Twelve weeks duration or more should be declared temporarily unfit. She should be re-examined for fitness after Six weeks from the date of confinement.
Physical Measurement:- Physical Measurements will be applicable according to Service Rules/ requisitions, in case of availability of posts e.g. Dy. Superintendent of Police, Superintendent of Jail, District Commandant Home Guards, Excise Inspector etc. which is mentioned as below:-
For the post of D.S.P -
|Category of Candidates||Height (cms)||Chest Unexpanded (Cm.)||Chest Expanded (Cm.)|
|Male candidates only General, Other Backward Classes of Citizens and Scheduled Castes.||165||84||89|
|Female candidates only General, Other Backward Classes of Citizens and Scheduled Castes.||152||NA||NA|
|Minimum weight for female candidates of all categories||40 Kg||NA||NA|
For the post of District Commandant Home Guards -
|Category of Candidates||Height (cms)||Chest Unexpanded (Cm.)||Chest Expanded (Cm.)|
|candidates of Scheduled Tribes and Male Candidates of Kumayun and Gadhwal Divisions||160||84||89|
For the post of Superintendent Jail -
(i) Height 168 cm and in the condition of candidates of Kumayun and Gadhwal Divisions not less than 163 cm.
(ii) Chest 81.3 cm. (unexpanded) and 86.3 cm. (expanded)
(iii) Vision - 6/6
For the post of Excise Inspector -
|Category of Candidates||Height (cms)||Chest Unexpanded (Cm.)||Chest Expanded (Cm.)|
|Female candidates (SC./ST.)||147||NA||NA|
|other Female Candidates||152||NA||NA|
The competitive examination for the Combined State / Upper Subordinate Services (General Recruitment / Physically Handicapped Backlog / Special Recruitment) Examination, 2018 and Assistant Conservator of Forest / Range Forest Officer Services Examination, 2018 comprise three successive stages:-
1- Preliminary Examination (Objective Type & Multiple choices).
2- Main Examination (Conventional Type, i.e. Written examination).
3- Viva- Voce (Personality Test).
Preliminary Examination - The Preliminary examination for the Combined State / Upper Subordinate Services (General Recruitment / Physically Handicapped – Backlog / Special Recruitment) Examination and Assistant Conservator of Forest / Range Forest Officer Services Examination will consist of two compulsory papers of which answer sheet be on OMR sheets. The syllabus for Combined State / Upper Subordinate Services (General Recruitment / Physically Handicapped – Backlog / Special Recruitment) Examination and Assistant Conservator of Forest / Range Forest Officer Services Examination are mentioned in Appendix-5 of the Official Notification.
The papers shall be 200 marks each and of two hours duration. Both the papers shall be objective Type & multiple choice in which there shall be 150-100 questions Respectively.
The timing of paper I will be from 9.30 to 11.30 A.M. and paper II from 2.30 to 4.30 P.M.
(1) Paper-II of the Preliminary Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
(2) It is mandatory for the Candidates to appear in both the papers of Preliminary Examination for the purpose of evaluation. Therefore a candidate will be disqualified in case he does not appear in both in papers.
(3) The merit of the Candidates will be determined on the basis of marks obtained in Paper-I of the Preliminary Examination.
Main Examination - Subjects for the Combined State / Upper Subordinate Services (General Recruitment / Physically Handicapped – Backlog / Special Recruitment) Main Written Examination - The Written examination will consist of the following compulsory and optional subjects. The syllabus whereof is mentioned in Appendix-6 of the official notification. The candidates have to select any one subject from the list of optional subjects for the main examination which will consist of two papers.
(A) COMPULSORY SUBJECTS -
|General Hindi||150 marks|
|General Studies (First Paper)||200 marks|
|General Studies (Second Paper)||200 marks|
|General Studies (Third Paper)||200 marks|
|General Studies (Fourth Paper)||200 marks|
General Hindi, Essay and General Studies (First, Second, Third and Fourth papers) Papers Shall be the Conventional type and for solving the questions three hours time is allowed. For optional Question papers, three hours time is allowed. Two hundred maximum marks have been allotted for each optional question paper.
1. The timing of the examination paper of 3 hours i.e. 9.30 am to 12.30 pm & 2 pm to 5 pm.
2. A candidate shall be required to obtain such minimum marks in the compulsory paper of General Hindi, as may be determined by the Government or the Commission, as the case may be. There shall be Two sections in all the question papers of the Optional subject and each section will include Four questions. Candidates are required to answer only Five questions while they must select minimum Two questions from each section.
Optional Subjects are as follows -
|Agriculture||Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science||Geography||Sociology|
|Arabic Lit.||Hindi Lit.||Economics||Social Work|
|Statistics||Defence Studies||Public Administration||Philosophy|
|Persian Lit.||Physics Management||Anthropology||Medical Science|
|Sanskrit Lit.||Political Science & International Relations||Geology||Civil Engineering|
|Mathematics||Commerce & Accountancy||Psychology||Mechanical Engineering|
|Botany||Electrical Engineering||Law||English Lit.|
Personality Test (Viva-Voce) - Total Marks 100 - The test will relate to the matter of general interest keeping the matter of academic interest in view and for general awareness, intelligence, character, expression power/personality and general suitability for the service.
How to apply
Application Fees - For General / OBC, Application Fees is Rs 125/-, For SC / ST, Rs 65/- and For PH Candidates, Rs 25/-.
Mode of Payment - a) Online Mode: Application Fees can be paid through Online mode - Debit card, Credit Card, Netbanking, Wallets or UPI
b) Offline Mode: Visit any Bank Branch for Challan Payment mode.
How to Apply -
Interested Candidates can apply online through the Official Website of Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission:- http://uppsc.up.nic.in/View_Advertisement.aspx?ID=530&flag=H. Candidate should ensure that they have a current Mobile Number and the same should be kept active during the entire Recruitment Process as SMS alerts for the various Tests. And Candidate should scan his/her photograph having 5 c.m. of height and 3.6 c.m. of width (10kb) and signature having 2.5 c.m. of height and 7.5 c.m. of width (10kb) in jpg format for uploading the same at relevant space in the On-line Application.
1. Click on the Current Recruitment option and Select apply Online. And you will be directed to the new Web page.
2. A candidate has to Fill-up all the Fields given in On-line Application including mandatory Fields. After that by checking their Application Number and Date of Birth candidate have to enter their personal details like Name, father's name, age, address, Emailid and educational details also like enter your 10th marks or Graduation record in the prescribed column other details also.
3. After filling up all the required fields in the On-line Application, correctly and duly verified by the Candidate and OTP will be sent to your mobile for the confirmation process, he/she is required to ‘CONFIRM’ the Application, by clicking 'Confirm Application' Button.
4. Pay your Application fee:- There are two modes of payments, Online Payment or Cash-Challan (Offline). In case of Online Payment Mode you will pay the fee by Debit Card, Credit Card, and from Online Banking, after successful payment, Candidate will get e-Receipt please download them. If Cash-Challan Option is selected, Candidate is required to take a printout of 'Challan' in TWO Copies and pay the requisite Fees before the Challan Expiry Date, at any of the SBI Branch, by submitting the said Challan to the Bank.
5. Upload your Photograph:- Select Photo upload tab and go to the desired path where the photograph is placed. The photo must be of a prescribed size and with the white light colour background. The photo must be Clear. And the Candidate has to develop the same 12 copies of the same photo for future use.
6. The Candidate should ensure that he/she receives a System generated ‘SMS’ conveying his/her Confirmation Number, on his/her 'registered' Mobile Number.
7. The Candidate should note down his/her Application Number and Confirmation Number for future reference.
Click here to Check Official Notification of the posts (English Version):- Official Notification Link
Click here to Check Official Notification of the posts (Hindi Version):- Official Notification Link