TNPSC - Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission announced a notification on May 25, 2018, for the post of Assistant Horticultural Officer in the Tamil Nadu Horticultural Subordinate Service (Code No.105). The total posts are declared by the Service Commission is 805 posts. The details of the posts are declared in Advertisement No. 497 Notification No.10/2018. The last date to apply for the posts is declared as June 24, 2018. टीएनपीएससी - तमिलनाडु लोक सेवा आयोग ने तमिलनाडु बागवानी अधीनस्थ सेवा (कोड संख्या 105) में सहायक बागवानी अधिकारी के पद के लिए 25 मई, 2018 को अधिसूचना की घोषणा की। सेवा आयोग द्वारा कुल पदों की घोषणा 805 पदों पर की जाती है। पदों का ब्योरा विज्ञापन संख्या 4 9 7 अधिसूचना सं .10 / 2018 में घोषित किया गया है। पदों के लिए आवेदन करने की आखिरी तारीख 24 जून, 2018 के रूप में घोषित की गई है।
About TNPSC:- The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission is a department of the government of Tamil Nadu that is responsible for governing the recruitment of personnel into the state's public service. (तमिलनाडु लोक सेवा आयोग तमिलनाडु सरकार का एक विभाग है जो राज्य की सार्वजनिक सेवा में कर्मियों की भर्ती के लिए जिम्मेदार है।)
Important Dates and time -
|Events||Date and Time|
|Date of notification||25.05.2018|
|Last date for submission of application||24.06.2018|
|Last date for payment of fee through Bank (State Bank of India or Indian Bank)||26.06.2018|
|Written Examination - Paper-I (Agriculture)||11.08.2018 F.N. 10.00 A.M. to 01.00 P.M.|
|Written Examination-Paper-II (General Studies)||11.08.2018 F.N. 02.30 P.M. to 04.30 P.M.|
The posts are declared by TNPSC are categorized as:-
|Name of the Post and Code No||No of posts|
|Assistant Horticultural Officer (2016-2017) (Code No.3104)||757 (Regular vacancies)|
|Assistant Horticultural Officer (for SC/ST candidates only) (Code No.3104)||48 (45 SC & 3 ST)|
A Candidate must possess a passed degree in Higher Secondary Examination and also two years Diploma course in Horticulture in the Institutions approved by Tamil Nadu Agricultural University or Director of Horticulture and Plantation Crops or from the Gandhigram Rural Institute.
Physical Standards -
Applicants with defective vision should produce eye fitness certificate from a qualified eye specialist.
Standard of Vision should be Standard-III and produce Form of certificate of physical fitness.
The selection will be done in two successive stages viz., (i) Written Examination and (iii) Document Verification Process.
Written Examination (Objective Type) -
|Paper (Objective type)||Duration||Maximum Marks|
|Paper-I: Subject (Diploma Standard) (200 questions) Horticulture (Code No.277)||3 hrs||300|
|Paper-II: General Studies (100 questions) (Code No.003) General Studies ( HSC Standard) -75 questions Aptitude and Mental Ability (SSLC Standard -25 questions)||2 hrs||200|
|Total||5 Hours||500 Marks|
The questions in Paper-I ”Horticulture” will be set in English only and Paper-II ”General Studies” will be set both in English and in Tamil.
Total Marks will be of 500 and out of this, Minimum qualifying marks for selection for SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/ DCs, BC(OBCM)s and BCMs are 150 and For Others - 200.
Syllabus for both the papers is given in Annexure-I of official Notification.
Eligible Candidates Qualifying in the Written Test will be called for the Documents Verification process.
How to apply
Application Fees - Rs 150/- for For One Time Online Registration, Rs 100/- for examination fees. For SC/ST/Backward Classes/Ex-serviceman/disabled-person - exempted from fees. Modes Of Payment: a) Online Mode: Application Fees can be paid through Online mode - Debit card, Credit Card, Netbanking, Wallets or UPI.
b) Offline Mode: Visit any SBI/ Indian Bank Branch for Challan Payment mode.
2) Applicant should register only once using User-Id and Password. After Successfully registration, Candidate will be able to log in and fill their personal details and educational details. After clicking on Submit Button. The candidate will be redirected to the new page.
3) Then Applicants need to upload the scanned image of their photograph and signature in the prescribed size and format that is given there.
4) The candidate has to select their own choice exam center at the time of submission of the form, Exam centers will Chennai, Madurai, Coimbatore, Trichirappalli, Tirunelveli, Salem, and Thanjavur. The candidate has to choose according to its Choice.
5) Candidate should know about the Tamil language.
6) The application form once saved must not be edited. All the particulars mentioned in the online application including a name of the Candidate, Post applied, educational qualifications, Communal Category, Date of Birth, Address, Email ID, Centre of Examination etc. will be considered as final and no modifications will be allowed after the last date specified for applying online.
7)After Final Submission, applicants can print/save their application in PDF format.
8) On entering user ID and password, applicants can download their application and print, if required.
Click here to Check Official Notification of the posts:- Official Notification Link