OSSSC Recruitment 2018 or Odisha Sub-ordinate Staff Selection Commission announced a notification for the posts of Excise Constable in the State of Odisha. The total of 219 posts is declared by Staff Selection Commission. And the details of the posts are given in No.IIE-68/2017 - 910(C)/OSSSC. All the posts are declared on a contractual basis. The last date to apply for the posts is 12.11.2018.
ओएसएसएससी भर्ती 2018 या ओडिशा सब-ऑर्डिनेट स्टाफ चयन आयोग ने ओडिशा राज्य में उत्पादक कॉन्सटेबल पदों के लिए अधिसूचना की घोषणा की। स्टाफ चयन आयोग द्वारा कुल 21 9 पदों की घोषणा की गई है। और पदों का विवरण नंबर IIE-68/2017 - 910 (सी) / ओएसएसएससी में दिया गया है। पदों के लिए आवेदन करने की आखिरी तारीख 12.11.2018 है।
OSSSC Recruitment 2018 related important dates are:-
|Schedule||Start Date||End Date|
|On Line Registration||12.10.2018||12.11.2018|
|Online Payment of Examination fee||12.10.2018||12.11.2018|
|Payment of Examination fee by Treasury Chai Ian||12.10.2018||19.11.2018|
Note:- There are vacancies in three cadres of Excise Constable, i.e.
(i) District Cadre, (ii) E.I & E.B Division Cadre & (iii) Flying Squad Division Cadre.
The Candidates must possess the following educational Qualifications that are required for the posts and they are:-
- Passed Middle School examination with Odia as a language subject; or
- Passed Matriculation or equivalent examination with Odia as the medium of examination in a non-language subject, or
- Passed in Odia as a language subject in the final examination of Class-VII or above, or
- Passed a test in Odia in Middle English School Standard conducted by School & Mass Education Department.
The recruitment process shall consist of the following four stages:-
- Physical Standard Measurement
- Physical Efficiency Test
- Educational Achievement
- Written Test
Physical Standard Measurement= The Physical Measurements consists of 03 marks. Those who do not qualify in any of the physical standard tests, i.e., height/weight/chest measurement shall not be allowed to appear in a further recruitment process. 03(Three) bonus marks will be awarded to all male candidates, irrespective of categories, whose height is 178 cm or above and to all female candidates, irrespective of categories, whose height is 165 cm and above.
The Physical standard of height, weight, and chest are:-
|UR & SEBC(Men)||168cm||55kg|
|UR & SEBC(Women)||158cm||47.5kg|
Physical Efficiency Test= The Physical Efficiency Test consists of 03 marks.
For Men:- Details are:-
|Run-l .6kms||If covered within 5 minutes||10 marks|
|5.30 minutes||8 marks|
|6 minutes||6 marks|
|6.30 minutes||4 marks|
|Beyond 6.30 minutes||Disqualified|
|High Jump (3 Chances)||Qualifying height - 1.22 Meters 1st Chance||3 marks|
|2nd Chance||2 marks|
|3rd Chance||1 marks|
|Not able to clear||Disqualified|
|Broad Jump: Qualifying Length- 3.66 Meters||3.66 meters||1 marks|
|4.00 meters||3 marks|
|4.35 meters||5 marks|
|4.50 meters||6 marks|
|If not cleared 3.66 meters||Disqualified|
|Rope Climbing: 3 Chances only||1st Chance||6 marks|
|2nd Chance||4 marks|
|3rd Chance||2 marks|
|Swimming (40 meters):||If covered within 8 minutes||Qualified|
|Beyond 8 minutes||Disqualified|
For Women:- Details are:-
|Run-l .6kms||If covered within 7.15 minutes||10 marks|
|7.45 minutes||8 marks|
|8.15 minutes||6 marks|
|8.30 minutes||4 marks|
|Beyond 8.30 minutes||Disqualified|
|Run - 200 meters||If covered within 28 Seconds||8 marks|
|32 Seconds||5 marks|
|36 Seconds||3 marks|
|Beyond 36 Seconds||Disqualified|
|Broad Jump: Qualifying Length- 2.75 meters||2.75 meters||1 marks|
|3.00 meters||3 marks|
|3.25 meters||5 marks|
|3.50 meters||6 marks|
|If not cleared 2.75 meters||Disqualified|
|Cycling - 1.6 Kms.||If covered within 5 minutes||6 marks|
|5.30 minutes||4 marks|
|6 minutes||2 marks|
|Beyond 6 minutes||Disqualified|
|Swimming (40 meters):||If covered within 10 minutes||Qualified|
|Beyond 10 minutes||Disqualified|
Educational Achievements: The Physical Measurements consists of 07 marks.
For 61 % & above in Matriculation or equivalent they had awarded as 7 marks and if they have 51 % & above they awarded as 4 marks and they have 4 1 % & above they awarded as 1 marks.
Written Test:- The test consists of 60 marks. There are multiple type Objective type Questions and for 2 Hours.
|Subjects of Examination||Full marks||No. of questions|
|General knowledge on Excise Matter||20 Marks||40|
|Translation and Retranslation of Odia & English||20 Marks||40|
How to apply
Application fee:- Rs.100/- for All applicants other than SC, ST Category. The fee can be deposited through online mode by logging into the OSSSC website or by the conventional mode of deposit in any Government Treasury under Head of Account- "0051-P.S.C.-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fee-0047-Fees collected for conducting Examination by OSSSC-02213".
Steps to Apply Online are:-
1. Eligible candidates can submit the application only through online registration system of OSSSC. The official Link to apply Online is https://www.osssc.gov.in/Public/Default.aspx.
2. Those who have registered earlier and got the User ID to have to log in and re-register for this post/s by selecting the "Re-registration" option provided under the Applicant Menu.
3. After completing the Registration/Re-registration, they have to log in, furnish the details of required documents, make payment of examination fees, if applicable, and then proceed to fill up and submit online applications.
4. Candidates should Visit the Link and open the appropriate Online Application Format, available through the link mentioned in the advertisement. Candidate should read the instructions carefully before making any entry or selecting options.
5. They have to Upload Full Specimen Signature of the Applicant scanned in "jpg/jpeg/png" format between the ranges of20 Kbs to 50 Kbs.
6. They have to Upload Recent passport size colored photograph, scanned in the "jpg/jpeg/png/pdf' format between the ranges of 20 Kbs to 100 Kbs for uploading during the Online Application.
7. They have to Upload Treasury Challan scanned in the "jpg/jpeg/png/pdf' format between the ranges of 100 Kbs to 300 Kbs in proof of payment of examination fee.
8. Then, Candidates are advised to take a printout of the e-receipt and online application form.
Click here to Check Official Notification of the posts:- Official Notification