JSAA-Joint Seat Allocation Authority has begun the registration process today i.e. June 15, 2018, for the online Counselling process for the JEE i.e. Joint Entrance Exam Main 2018 and Advanced 2018.
The Joint Seat Allocation Authority also known as JSAA is an agency established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) to manage and regulate the admission to 92 tertiary institutes administered by the national government of India. JSAA conducts counselling for JEE main and advances both for the aspirants to get admission in the most prestigious institutes of the country i.e. IITs and NITs. Only the JEE qualified students sit for the JSAA counselling.
Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is an engineering entrance examination conducted for admission to various engineering colleges in India. It is constituted by two different examinations - JEE Main and the JEE Advanced. The exams are of the objective pattern. JEE Advanced is regarded internationally as one of the most challenging undergraduate admission tests.
Every year counselling is commenced and always the students are in dilemma about the procedure and the schedule of counselling.JSAA proposes opening-closing ranks according to which the aspirants fall into the criteria of eligibility. JSAA is responsible for providing a tabular way for the engineering aspirants to get admitted in undergraduate courses of engineering. So here is the complete criteria, the procedure in a systematic way along with the schedule of JSAA 2018 counselling.
JSAA Participating Institutes-
JSAA Eligibility Criteria-
- For IITs- The interested candidate must have qualified JEE Advance 2018 with an acceptable rank.
- For NITs, IIITs, GFTIs -The candidate must have qualified JEE Main 2018.
- For IIITs, NIITs - The candidate must have scored at least 75% in Class 12th board exams.
Schedule of JSAA 2018-
|Candidate registration and Choice filling for academic programs under JSAA STARTS||June 15, 2018|
|Display of Mock Seat Allocation-1||June 19, 2018|
|Display of Mock Seat Allocation-2||June 23, 2018|
|Candidate registration and Choice filling for academic programs under JSAA ENDS||June 25, 2018|
|Reconciliation of data, Seat Allocation, verification and validation||June 26, 2018|
|Seat Allocation (Round 1)||June 27, 2018|
|Document Verification and Acceptance of Seat by reporting at Reporting Centres (Round 1)||June 28, 2018 – July 02, 2018 (5 days)|
|Display of seats filled / availability status||July 03, 2018|
|Seat Allocation (Round 2)||July 03, 2018|
|Document Verification and Acceptance/withdrawal of Seat by reporting at Reporting Centres (Round 2)||July 04 2018 – July 05, 2018 (2 days)|
|Display of seats filled / availability status||July 06, 2018|
|Seat Allocation (Round 3)||July 06, 2018|
|Document Verification and Acceptance/withdrawal of Seat by reporting at Reporting Centres (Round 3)||July 07, 2018 – July 08, 2018 (2 days)|
|Display of seats filled / availability status||July 09, 2018|
|Seat Allocation (Round 4)||July 09, 2018|
|Document Verification and Acceptance/withdrawal of Seat by reporting at Reporting Centres (Round 4)||July 10, 2018 – July 11, 2018 (2 days|
|Display of seats filled / availability status||July 12, 2018|
|Seat Allocation (Round 5)||July 12, 2018|
|Document Verification and Acceptance/withdrawal of Seat by reporting at Reporting Centres (Round 5)||July 13, 2018 – July 14, 2018 (2 days)|
|Display of seats filled / availability status||July 15, 2018|
|Seat Allocation (Round 6)||July 15, 2018|
|Document Verification and Acceptance/withdrawal of Seat by reporting at Reporting Centres (Round 6) LAST ROUND FOR SEAT WITHDRAWAL||July 16, 2018 –July 17, 2018 (2 days)|
|Display of seats filled / availability status||July 18, 2018|
|Seat Allocation (Round 7: FINAL ROUND)||July 18, 2018|
|Document Exchange||July 18, 2018|
|Document Verification and Acceptance of Seat by reporting at Reporting Centres/Admitting Institutes (Round 7)||
July 19, 2018 (1 day for IIts) July 19-23, 2018 (5 days for the NIT+ system
Click here to check the official notification- Official Notification
The procedure of JSAA-
Step 1- Registration
This the most basic and primary step of JSAA counselling. The registration is started today i.e. June 15, 2018 and it will continue till June 25, 2018.
If you are one of the aspirants register for the counselling using the following steps-
Steps to Register-
- Go to the official website of JSAA i.e. Website
- Search for the link saying "Online Registration and Choice Filling".
- Click on the link it will take you to the next page.
- Enter the particulars such as Jee Main roll no, Password and the security code is given on the window.
- Then click on Login.
- Then you have to Fill your choices of college according to your performances.
Mock Seat Allotment-
Mock seat Allotment will take place two times before the actual seat allotment and admissions. Through the mock allotment, the candidates will be able to know which institutes they will are likely to be allotted to. Seeing their mock allotment result, the candidates will be able to make the necessary modifications in their selected choices of colleges and courses. The second round of mock allotment will be conducted in the third week of June 2018. By checking their mock allotment result before the end of registrations, the candidates will get enough time to make the changes in the choice filling which is required to be allotted to the college and course they wish for.
Step-2-Seat Allotment Result
Seat allotment 2018 will be done on the basis of the merit in JEE Main and Advanced and choices filled by the candidates. Candidates can check their JSAA 2018 seat allotment result by logging into their account. It is must for a candidate, who will be allotted seat, to print and download provisional allotment letter.
- Freezing of Allotted Seat - In cases where candidate freezes a seat, it denotes that he/she is satisfied with the seat allotted to him/her and doesn't want to participate in the subsequent rounds. He/She will not be considered for the subsequent round.
- Float- Candidates accept the offered seat but also indicate that if admissions are open in a better/higher preferred institute or course, then they will accept it.
- Slide- The candidates accept the allotted seat by indicating that if admissions are open in a better course in the same institute then they will take it. The difference with Float is in case of Floating the institute also can be changed but in Sliding the Institute will remain same and the stream can be upgraded.
- Withdraw- In case the candidate didn't get satisfies with the seat allotted so He/She can withdraw the seat allotted and will not be able to participate further.
Step-3-Reporting at the Institute
It is the last and the final step. In this, the candidate has to report to the allotted college to get admitted and to get one's documents verified. Along with this, the candidate has to pay the admission fee also.
Note- The candidates are supposed to check the official website regularly in order to get new updates by the authority.