1. Global Logistics summit held in New Delhi on 06 april 2018-
- The global logistics summit was held in New Delhi which was organized by the Department of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, along with Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) and the World Bank Group.
- The Summit acts as a platform to for discussions with global experts, academics, government officials and private sector and industry representatives.
2. ICICI Bank announced the launch of a service 'Social Pay'-
- Leading private lender ICICI Bank announced the launch of a service 'Social Pay' that enables Non Resident Indians (NRIs) to send money to a beneficiary in India using social media platforms like WhatsApp and e-mail.
3. Nepal’s PM K.P. Sharma Oli Visits India For First Time-
- Nepal’s recently elected Prime Minister K.P. Sharma Oli is on the first foreign visit of his latest term to India.
4. India became World’s Second Largest Producer Of Crude Steel-
- According to the Steel Users Federation of India (SUFI).India has overtaken Japan to become the world’s second largest producer of crude steel following China.
5. UTTAM’ App Launched by Coal Ministry For Coal Quality Monitoring-
- The Union Minister for Railways and Coal Shri Piyush Goyal has launched UTTAM App for Coal Quality Monitoring.
- UTTAM - Unlocking Transparency by Third Party Assessment of Mined Coal.
6. World Health Day observed on April 7-
- With an aim to spread awareness about health and well being, the first World Health Day was observed in 1948 by the WHO. Theme of this year is “Health for All”
7. Qatar Introduces National Service For Women-
- Qatar introduced Women aged over 18 will be able to volunteer for national service which comes into immediate effect, while men will now serve a year instead of three months in the military service and Every Qatari male between 18 and 35 is required to perform a compulsory military service while the national service for females is voluntary.
8. Azerbaijan and India sign two agreements-
- Government of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Government of the Republic of India have signed two agreements on exemption from visa requirement for holders of diplomatic, official and service passports and MoU between ADA University, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Foreign Service Institute, Ministry of External Affairs, Republic of India.
9. Flipkart ties-up with MakeMyTrip-
- The Online travel portal MakeMyTrip has formed a partnership with Flipkart to allow customers to book domestic flight tickets and other travel services directly through the e-commerce firm’s portal.
10. FIEO and PayPal inks MoU-
- Digital payments company PayPal and exporters body the Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO) have tied up to promote exports, leveraging the technology platform.
11. Maharashtra Govt, Central Govt. & World Bank sign 420 million dollar project-
- The Government of India, Government of Maharashtra and the World Bank has signed a US$ 420 million project. Which aims at helping Small and Marginal farmers in the Marathwada and Vidarbha regions of Maharashtra.
12.IAF to conduct biggest combat exercise along Pakistan, China borders-
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) is going to conduct its biggest ever combat exercise along Pakistan and China borders named as Gagan Shakti. The aim of this exercise is real time coordination, deployment and employment of Air Power in a short & intense battle scenario.
13.RBI revises limits for investment in Debt Instruments by FPI
- The Reserve Bank of India has revised the limits on investment in debt instruments by foreign portfolio investors (FPI). The revision comes into effect immediately. And, the revision is done in consultation with the Government of India.
14.ICICI Bank 1st to get Swift’s new Cross-Border payment service-
- The Global financial messaging cooperative SWIFT announced that ICICI Bank has become its first Indian client to go live with an improved cross-border payments service.The cross-border payments service is a GPI(Global Payment Innovation) Tracker.
14.Mithali Raj becomes most ODIs Player In Women’s ODI-
- Indian skipper, Mithali Raj marked her name in record books after becoming the most capped player in women’s ODI cricket with 192 matches by eclipsing former England captain Charlotte Edwards' tally of 191 matches.