Current Affairs of 30 September 2018 are as follows:-
1.Telecom giant Bharti Enterprises to join hands with Andhra Pradesh:-
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Nara Chandrababu Naidu called on Sunil Bharti Mittal, Founder, and Chairman of Bharti Enterprises.
- The various IT-based initiative of Andhra government, Mittal expressed his willingness in joining hands with the state government.
2. Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik inaugurated the Odisha Bhawan in Chennai:-
- Odisha Bhawan, the official guest house of Odisha Government in Chennai, was inaugurated by Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami and Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.
- The Chennai guest house has 16 double-bedrooms and five suits. It has also an auditorium with a capacity for 300 people. It has been constructed with an investment of nearly Rs 22 crore.
3. Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik inaugurated the Odisha Bhawan in Chennai:-
- The L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) announced that the Chief Electrical Inspector to Government of India (CEIG) for Hyderabad Metro Rail Project to inspected 33kV/415V indoor sub-stations installed at four stations from Peddamma temple to Hitech City.
- These stations are part of Corridor-III (Ameerpet to Hitec City stretch) of the Hyderabad Metro Rail project. It is to facilitate the testing and commissioning activities of railway systems like signaling, telecommunication and automatic fare collection in this section.
4. DoT to hold the meeting for making Aadhaar mandatory:-
- As Supreme Court made the linking of mobile phone numbers with Aadhaar mandatory, the officials from the Department of Telecom (DoT) is to soon meet representatives of UIDAI, Law Ministry as well as telecom services providers (TSPs) to ensure compliance. e-KYC using Aadhaar has been stopped by the Supreme Court.
- A Constitution Bench of the Supreme Court declared that a DOT circular mandating linking of mobile number with Aadhaar was illegal and unconstitutional.
5. Govt announces states' financial inclusion index, easy online MSME loans:-
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley launched a common online platform for micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) credit which will enable businesses to get loans up to Rs 10 million approved through a completely automated process within just 59 minutes.
- Arun Jaitley launched the Financial Inclusion Index (FII) in New Delhi. The index will be released by the Department of Financial Services (DFS) under the Ministry of Finance by the end of this year and it would rate states on their performance on last-mile banking services availability.
6. Walmart to invest Rs.180 crore in India to improve farmers livelihood:-
- Walmart Foundation announced that it is to invest Rs.180 crore in India over the next five years to improve farmers’ livelihood. The funds would be used to support farmer organization to develop knowledge of sustainable farming practices, share business best practices and add value to primary agricultural commodities.
- The money will also be used to improve access to finance and markets. Walmart India would grow its direct sourcing from farmers to 25% of the products sold in its Cash & Carry stores over the same period.
7. Gujarat groups to invest Rs. 20,000 crore in Tamil Nadu:-
- Gujarat-based industrial groups are set to invest more than Rs.20,000 crore in Tamil Nadu. The investment is mainly in a city gas distribution network, pharmaceuticals, food processing, and engineering, according to K.Gnanadesikan, Additional Chief Secretary, Industries Department of Tamil Nadu.
- The MoUs for investments will be inked during the second edition of Global Investors Meet to be held in Chennai on January 23-24 in 2019.
8. Corbyn met senior EU officials:-
- Jeremy Corbyn, the leader of Britain’s main Opposition Labour Party, met senior EU officials in Brussels. This meeting was after the warning by the EU officials which said they may oppose any Brexit deal negotiated by the London government.
- Mr.Corbyn said that a no-deal Brexit would be a national disaster. He has never asserted that his party will vote against any accord based on Prime Minister Theresa May’s plan. Ms.May meanwhile is in talks with EU negotiator Michel Barnier in hopes of striking a compromise.
9. Argentina gets the biggest loan in IMF's history at $57 billion:-
- Argentina has received $57.1 billion from the International Monetary Fund (IMF), for boosting the country's struggling economy.
- Argentina originally secured a $50 billion loan back in June, when an initial $15 billion tranche was handed over.
10. Vice-president Venkaiah Naidu will inaugurate Worlds largest dome in Pune on Oct 2:-
- The 160 ft dome will be inaugurated at the Maharashtra Institute of Technology’s (MIT) Loni-Kalbhor campus, on October 2, the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- With 160 feet diameter and 263 feet in height, this would be one of the largest domes in the world. Earlier the largest dome was at Vatican city with 136 feet diameter and 448 feet height.
- On October 2, the World Parliament of Science, Religion, and Philosophy, organized in the name of the philosopher-saint Dnyaneshwara and Jagadguru Saint Tukaram Maharaj will be inaugurated.