Current Affairs of 29 September 2018 are as follows:-
1. Vikram Misri Appointed India's Next Ambassador to China:-
- Ambassador of India to Myanmar, Vikram Misri has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to China, according to the Ministry of External Affairs.
2. RBI Bars Bandhan Bank From Opening New Branches:-
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) barred Bandhan Bank from opening new branches and also ordered freezing of the bank's CEO salary over failure to stick to shareholding rules.
- The Bank was not able to bring down the shareholding of Non-Operative Financial Holding Company (NOFHC) to 40% as required under the licensing condition, general permission to open new branches stands withdrawn.
3. India Defeats Bangladesh To Win 7th Asia Cup Title:-
- India has defeated Bangladesh to win the Unimoni Asia Cup Title 2018. This was the second successive Asia Cup final where India took on Bangladesh. In 2016, India had decimated Bangladesh in the final (of the Asia Cup T20).
- Overall, this was India's seventh Asia Cup triumph. Liton Das was the Player Of The Match and Shikhar Dhawan was declared as the Player Of The Series.
4. PM Inaugurates Conference On Academic Leadership on Education for Resurgence:-
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Conference on Academic Leadership on Education for Resurgence in New Delhi in which the Vice-Chancellors, Directors from more than 350 universities participated.
- The theme of the conference is to deliberate on challenges facing the Indian education system and to work out a plan for a paradigm shift both in terms of achieving academic outcomes and also in the regulation of education. The conference was also addressed HRD minister Prakash Javadekar.
5. Indian Railways, Google Arts Launch ‘Rail Heritage Digitisation Project’:-
- Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal launched the ‘Rail Heritage Digitisation Project’ of Indian Railways in collaboration with Google Arts and Culture Association.
- The first-of-its-kind project aims to showcase India’s rail heritage to the national and international audience in an online story-telling platform. It is the largest cultural heritage digitization project not only in India but possibly in the entire Asia Pacific Region.
6. World Heart Day: 29th September:-
- World Heart Day takes place on 29th September every year and is the World Heart Federation‘s and the world’s biggest platform for raising awareness about cardiovascular disease, including heart disease and stroke.
- It was launched in 2000 by the World Heart Federation as an annual event.
7.NITI Aayog And Oracle Sign SoI To Pilot Drug Supply-Chain:-
- In order to fight the growing problem of counterfeit drugs in India, NITI Aayog and Oracle signed a Statement of Intent (SoI) to pilot a real drug supply-chain using blockchain distributed ledger and Internet of Things (IoT) software. Apollo Hospitals and Strides Pharma Sciences will partner in this effort.
- This agreement with Oracle and NITI Aayog's partnership with Apollo Hospitals and Strides Pharma will help ensure that Indian drug manufacturers and healthcare experts have access to a standards-based, modern technology platform – blockchain and IoT, to help eliminate fake drug distribution.
8. Locate Public Toilets on Google Maps with LooReview Campaign:-
- The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, under the aegis of Swachh Bharat Mission – Urban (SBM – U), has partnered with Google to launch the Loo Review campaign to encourage all local guides in India to rate and review public toilets on Google Maps.
- This campaign is part of a feature which allows all citizens to locate public toilets in their cities on Google Maps, Search and the Assistant and also provide feedback on the same. 500+ cities in India with more than 30,000 toilets with the name of “SBM Toilet” are currently live on Google Maps.
9. India's 1st Corn Festival Starts in Madhya Pradesh:-
- In Madhya Pradesh, the first corn festival of the country is being held in Chhindwara. The festival is one of a kind international event.
- Madhya Pradesh is one of the largest corn producing states in India, with Chhindwara being the highest corn producing district.
10.N.Ravi and Vijay Kumar Chopra Elected as Chairman and Vice Chairman of Press Trust of India:-
- On 29th September 2018, The Publisher of The Hindu Group of Newspapers, N. Ravi had appointed as the chairman of Press Trust of India and simultaneously the Chief Editor of Punjab Kesari Group of Newspapers Vijay Kumar Chopra had been appointed as the Vice Chairman of Press Trust of India.
- Ravi Succeeds the Viveck Goenka, Chairman and Managing Director of the Express Group.
- Ravi won G.K.Reddy Memorial Award, Honorary Doctorate by the Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, BREAD Role Model Award and also won Several Professional Award.
- Vijay Kumar Chopra Succeeds the N.Ravi who is currently elected as the Chairman of PTI.
- Chopra won Padma Shri in 1990 for literature and education and also was Chairman of PTI twice before in 2001 and 2009.