Current Affairs of 25 October 2018 are as follows:-
1. Paytm Payments Bank Appoints Satish K Gupta As MD & CEO:-
- Paytm Payments Bank has appointed veteran banker Satish Kumar Gupta as its new Managing Director and CEO. The post was lying vacant after Renu Satti stepped down in July 2018. Satti now heads the company's new retail business.
- The veteran banker had earlier served as the Deputy General Manager at State Bank of India where he worked for over three decades.
2. President of India Inaugurates International Arya Mahasammelan-2018:-
- The President of India, Ram Nath Kovind, inaugurated the International Arya Mahasammelan – 2018 in Delhi.
- Mahasammelan discussed the issues such as prevention of superstition, modernization, women empowerment, tribal welfare, and management of natural calamities.
3. Dr Jitendra Singh inaugurates 10th Nuclear Energy Conclave in New Delhi:-
- The Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh inaugurates 10th Nuclear Energy Conclave in New Delhi on the theme: ‘Nuclear Power- Towards a Clean & Base Load Energy’.
- Dr Singh stated that the Cabinet has given its approval for construction of 10 units of India’s indigenous Pressurized Heavy Water Reactors (PHWR).
4. Government Constitutes GoM To Look Into Sexual Harassment At Workplace:-
- The Union Government constituted a four-member Group of Ministers (GoM) to examine and strengthen the existing legal and institutional frameworks for dealing with matters of sexual harassment of women at the workplace. The Group of Ministers will be headed by Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh.
- The other members of the group will include Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari, Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and Women and Child Development Minister Maneka Gandhi.
5. Global Agriculture Leadership Summit 2018 Held in New Delhi:-
- The Global Agriculture Leadership Summit 2018 opened in New Delhi. The theme of the 2-day summit is, ‘Connecting Farmers to Market’.
- The summit was inaugurated by the Secretary Agriculture and Co-operation, Sanjay Agrawal. In the meeting, several issues to double farmers’ income by 2022 were discussed.
6. No Sale of BS-IV Vehicles Across Country From April 1, 2020: SC:-
- The Supreme Court ruled that no Bharat Stage-IV vehicle shall be sold across the country with effect from April 1, 2020. The Bharat Stage VI (BS-VI) emission norm would come into force from April 1, 2020, across the country.
- The ruling was made by a three-judge bench headed by Justice Madan B Lokur. The bench clarified that only BS-VI compliant vehicle will be sold in India from April 1, 2020.
7. India Signs $5 bn-worth Of Pacts To Give Impetus To Iron And Steel Industry:-
- Thirty-eight pacts worth $5 billion were signed among 20 technology providers, capital goods manufacturers and steel producers, which will give impetus to the manufacturing of capital goods for the iron and steel industry. Of the 20 companies who exchanged the MoUs, about 12 are foreign players.
- The MoUs were signed at a conclave on Capital Goods for Steel Sector, manufacture in India, organised by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) jointly with Mecon and Steel Ministry.
8. UNESCO MGIEP and Government of AP to Organize TECH 2018:-
- UNESCO MGIEP(Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education) in association with Government of Andhra Pradesh announces TECH 2018, an international conference which aims to showcase the role of games and digital learning in enabling a shift from "transmissive pedagogies" to "transformative pedagogies" to create peaceful and sustainable societies.
- The three-day event will be held from 15-17 November 2018 at Novotel, Vizag City, Andhra Pradesh, India. UNESCO MGIEP is the first UNESCO the first category 1 institute in the Asia-Pacific region focused on mainstreaming socio-emotional learning in education systems.
9. HRD Minister Launches Web Portal of SPARC in New Delhi:-
- The Minister of Human Resource Development, Prakash Javadekar launched the Scheme “Scheme for Promotion of Academic and Research Collaboration (SPARC)” in New Delhi.
- SPARC scheme aims at improving the research ecosystem of India’s higher educational institutions by facilitating academic and research collaborations between Indian Institutions and the best institutions in the world.
10. Dwayne Bravo Retires From International Cricket:-
- All-rounder Dwayne Bravo announced his retirement from international cricket.
- The 35-year-old, who last represented the Windies in September 2016, played a grand total of 270 internationals and played a starring role in each of their two World T20 triumphs in 2012 and 2016.