Current Affairs of 22 September 2018 as follows:-
1.Yes Bank Slapped With Rs 38 Crore In GST Fines:-
- Midsized private sector lender Yes Bank has paid Rs 38 crore in fines to the GST department for alleged violations in domestic remittances. Over Rs. 32 crore has been paid to the GST department, while Rs 6 crore has been paid in service tax which has been replaced by GST.
- The issue relates to remittances by migrants from urban pockets to their homes in rural areas. The tax department feels the bank has violated norms and underpaid the tax, while the bank feels the opposite.
2. IRDAI Raised Minimum Driver Insurance Cover To INR 15 Lakh:-
- Insurance regulator IRDAI has raised the minimum insurance cover for owner-driver to Rs. 15 lakh for a premium of Rs. 750 per annum, a move to provide some succor to road accident victims.
- Currently, the capital sum insured (CSI) under this section for motorized two-wheelers and private cars/commercial vehicles is Rs. 1 lakh and Rs. 2 lakh, respectively. The owner-drivers also have the option of a cover over and above Rs. 15 lakh on payment of additional premium.
3. PM to launch Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana at Ranchi:-
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, will launch the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM JAY) at Ranchi, Jharkhand, on September 23, 2018.
- Under this scheme, over 10 crore families will be provided health assurance worth Rs. 5 lakh each, every year.
- The Prime Minister will visit an exhibition on the PM JAY. He will witness a demonstration of activities such as beneficiary identification, and e-card creation.
- On September 24, the Prime Minister will inaugurate Pakyong Airport, which will bring the State of Sikkim on the country’s aviation map.
4. Odisha to name Jharsuguda airport after Veer Surendra Sai:-
- The Odisha Assembly has passed a resolution unanimously to name the newly-constructed Jharsuguda airport after noted freedom fighter Veer Surendra Sai.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the airport on September 22.
- Earlier, the Civil Aviation Ministry in July had denied naming the airport after the freedom fighter citing the absence of a state assembly resolution on this.
5. PNB drags Lanco Vidarbha Thermal Power to NCLTL:-
- Lanco Vidarbha Thermal Power Limited, a subsidiary of Lanco Infratech Limited, now faces proceedings in the National Company Law Tribunal with the Punjab National Bank dragging it to the tribunal in Hyderabad for resolution.
- The diversified Lanco group’s woes seem to continue with Lanco Infratech Limited already on liquidation process and another group entity tackling legal proceedings and the Vidharbha unit is now taken to NCLT, Hyderabad.
- Petitioning the NCLT Hyderabad bench, the PNB has pleaded to take the case for the Corporate Insolvency Resolution Plan under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code.
6. India to Host The Women’s Boxing World C'ships:-
- The Women’s Boxing World Championships, to be hosted by India after more than a decade, will be held from November 15-24, 2018, in New Delhi. The teams will have to be in the national capital by November 13, with the competition starting two days later.
- The marquee tournament was last held in India in 2006 and remains the best for the country in terms of performance. India had topped the medal tally with four gold, three silver, and one bronze medal.
7. India Shine On Day 1 Of Track Asia Cup Cycling:-
- India won 3 Gold, 3Silver and a Bronze on the opening day of the 5th Track Asia Cup Cycling in New Delhi. Mayuri Lute won the country's first Gold in the Women's Junior 500 meters race. Another Gold came after the Indian men's junior team performed as expected in the team sprint event, by defeating Kazakhstan.
- The tournament at the Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium is being organized by the Cycling Federation of India and has attracted participation from 12 countries.
8. India Won Silver in Asian Team Snooker Championship:-
- India settled for the silver medal after losing to Pakistan 2-3 in the final of the Asian Team Snooker Championship. Pankaj Advani and Malkeet Singh represented India while Babar Masih and Mohammad Asif were from the Pakistani side.
9. Vietnamese President Tran Dai Quang Has Passed Away:-
- Vietnamese President Tran Dai Quang died aged 61 at a military hospital in the capital Hanoi following a period of illness.
- Quang was appointed the president, a largely ceremonial role, in April 2016, and served alongside Vietnam's de facto leader Communist Party Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong and Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc. Before that, he served as minister of public security.
10. Village Rockstars’ Is India’s Official Entry To Oscars 2019:-
- Rima Das’ National Award-winning feature Village Rockstars has been chosen to represent India in the Best Foreign Language category at the 91st Academy Awards next year, the Film Federation of India (FFI) announced.
- The announcement was made by SV Rajendra Singh Babu, Chairman, Selection Committee for Oscar Award, FFI. The film had its world premiere at the 2017 Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) and has toured more than 70 prestigious international and national film festivals.