Current Affairs of 22 December 2018 are as follows:-
1. Odisha CM Announces Rs10,000 cr KALIA Scheme For Farmers:-
- Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik announced a Rs10,000 crore scheme for the overall development of farmers.
- Named Krushak Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation (KALIA), the scheme will provide farmers with Rs10,000 a year at the rate of Rs5,000 each for Kharif and Rabi season. Additionally, crop loans of up to Rs50,000 will be interest-free under the scheme.
2. 15th Global SME Business Summit in New Delhi:-
- The 15th edition of a two day Global SME Business Summit was organised by the Ministry of MSME and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) in association with Government e-marketplace in New Delhi. The theme of the event was ‘Building Partnerships through Global Value Chains.’
- The agenda of the summit was to bring together renowned speakers with unbounded experience and expertise, a global audience, and various national and international SME stakeholders to integrate Indian MSMEs into the Global Value Chains (GVCs).
3. UN General Assembly Adopts Global Framework on International Migration:-
- The UN General Assembly has adopted the Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration, the first-ever negotiated a global framework on a common approach to international migration in all its dimensions.
- The compact was adopted by the General Assembly with 152 votes in favour in Marrakesh, Morocco. India voted in favour of the resolution.
4.National Mathematics Day: 22nd December
- Every year, the country celebrates National Mathematics Day on December 22 to commemorate the birth anniversary of Mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan.
- In his memory, the Government of India marked 2012, the 125th year of his birth, as National Mathematics Year and declared 22nd December as annual National Mathematics Day.
5. India, Japan Sign Exchange of Notes and Loan Agreements:-
- India and Japan have signed Exchange of Notes and Loan Agreements on Japan’s Official Development Assistance Loan to India.
- The Notes were exchanged between Dr C.S. Mohapatra, Additional Secretary in Department of Economic Affairs, Union Ministry of Finance and Kenji Hiramatsu, Ambassador of Japan to India on Japanese official development assistance loan for three projects.
- These 3 projects are:
(a) Chennai Metro Project (Phase 2) (I) for Japanese Yen (JPY) 75.519 billion,
(b) Program for Japan-India Cooperative Actions towards Sustainable Development Goals in India for JPY 15.000 billion,
(c) Project for Dairy Development for JPY 14.978 billion.
6. NITI Aayog Releases SDG India Index: Baseline Report 2018:-
- The NITI Aayog released the Baseline Report of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) India Index, which comprehensively documents the progress made by India’s States and Union Territories towards implementing the 2030 SDG targets.
- The SDG India Index, which was developed in collaboration with the Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation (MoSPI), Global Green Growth Institute and United Nations in India, was launched by NITI Aayog Vice-Chairman Dr Rajiv Kumar.
7. Haryana CM inaugurates World Herbal Forest Project in Morni Hill:-
- On 20th December 2018, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar inaugurated the World Herbal Forest Project, a collaboration of Patanjali and Haryana Government, at Morni Hill, near Chandigarh.
8.40 Workers Selected for Prime Minister Shram Awards for the Year 2017:-
- On 20th December 2018, 40 workers employed in the Departmental Undertakings & Public Sector Undertakings of the Central and State Governments and Private Sector Units employing 500 or more workers, were selected by the Government of India for the Prime Minister’s Shram Awards 2017.
- The Prime Minister’s Shram Awards are given in recognition of the workers’ distinguished performances, innovative abilities, outstanding contribution in the field of productivity and exhibition of exceptional courage and presence of mind.
- The awards are given every year in 4 categories namely- Shram Ratna Award, Shram Bhushan Award, Shram Vir/Shram Veerangana and Shram Shree/Shram Devi Awards.
9.LinkedIn hires former Google India exec Mahesh Narayanan as Country Manager:-
- On 20th December 2018, LinkedIn which is the Microsoft owned professional networking platform hires Mahesh Narayanan as the Country Manager for India. Mahesh Narayanan will join LinkedIn from January 7, 2019.
- Before Joining LinkedIn, Mahesh Narayanan had served music and audio streaming service Saavn and led Google India’s mobile advertising business from 2010 to 2013.
- Mr Narayanan will report to LinkedIn’s Managing Director for the Asia Pacific (APAC) Mr Olivier Legrand.
10. Winter Solstice 2018 and Summer Solstice 2018 Occurred on December 21:-
- On 21st December 2018, Winter Solstice which is the shortest day of the year was observed in the Northern Hemisphere whereas the Summer Solstice which is the Longest Day of the year was observed in the Southern Hemisphere.