Current Affairs of 04 October 2018 are as follows:-
1. First Regional Conference on 'Women in Detention and Access to Justice' in Shimla:-
- The Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D), Ministry of Home Affairs is organizing the First ever Regional Conference at Shimla on 'Women in Detention and Access to Justice' in collaboration with the Prison Department, Himachal Pradesh.
- The Conference was inaugurated by Shri Acharya Devvrat, the Governor of Himachal Pradesh. Expected Outcome of the Conference will be to help in ensuring better implementation of Prison Reform and Rehabilitation Program in order to improve the conditions of Women Inmates and their Access to Justice.
2. India and ADB sign $ 150 Million Loan Agreement to support India’s First Global Skills Park:-
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India signed a $150 million Loan Agreement in New Delhi to establish a Global Skills Park (GSP) in Madhya Pradesh, the First Multi-Skills Park in India, to enhance the quality of Technical and Vocational Education And Training (TVET) System in the State and create a more skilled workforce.
- This Project will help improve the quality and relevance of the State’s TVET programs and will help impart advanced job-ready skills training of international standards that can meet the employment needs of the State’s emerging sectors.
3. NMCG Partnered with TSAF to Launch “Mission Gange”:-
- National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) has partnered with Tata Steel Adventure Foundation (TSAF) to launch a month-long rafting expedition of a team of 40 members which will be led by the first Indian woman to scale Mount Everest, Ms. Bachendri Pal.
- The expedition will start from Haridwar on October 5th, 2018 traversing a distance of around 1500 km encompassing 8 major towns. It will conclude in Patna in Bihar.
4. Russian President Vladimir Putin In India On 2-Day Visit:-
- Russian President Vladimir Putin reached New Delhi on a two-day visit to India. He will attend the 19th India-Russia Annual Bilateral Summit in New Delhi. During the visit, President Putin will hold delegation level talks with Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The Russian President will also address the India-Russia Business Summit and will interact with a group of talented children.
5.Important Cabinet Approvals: 03rd October 2018:-
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given the following set of approvals. The important Cabinet Approvals are given as follows-
- The Cabinet has approved-
1. Redevelopment of Railway Stations by IRSDC as Nodal Agency, through simplified procedures and longer lease tenure.
6.Cabinet Hikes MSP of Rabi Crops:-
- Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, CCEA, has increased the Minimum Support Price (MSP) for all Rabi crops for the current financial year which will be marketed in 2019-20 season. The MSP of wheat has been raised by 105 rupees per quintal, Masur by 225 per quintal, and Gram by 220 per quintal.
- According to Union Minister Ravishankar Prasad, the decision is a step towards doubling the farmers' income. The decision will give additional return to the farmers of 62,635 crore rupees by way of increasing the MSP of notified crops to at least 50 percent return over cost of production.
7.National Khadi Festival 2018 Held in Mumbai:-
- The National Khadi Festival 2018 is being organized by Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) to promote Khadi products.
- The festival was inaugurated by Union Minister for Micro Small & Medium Enterprises, Giriraj Singh in Mumbai on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti 2018. The main objective of the festival is to promote the products of cottage industry and create awareness regarding the art of states.
8.World Animal Day: 4 October:-
- World Animal Day is celebrated at various parts of the world on 4th October to raise the status of animals in order to improve welfare standards around the globe.
- World Animal Day was originated by Heinrich Zimmermann. He organized the first World Animal Day on 24 March 1925 at the Sports Palace in Berlin, Germany.
9. Chanda Kochhar Quits As CEO of ICICI Bank:-
- Chanda Kochhar has quit as CEO of ICICI Bank with immediate effect. The private lender has appointed Sandeep Bakhshi as managing director and chief executive officer for five years, subject to regulatory approval.
- In June, a panel was set up under retired Supreme Court judge Justice Srikrishna to probe allegations against Chanda Kochhar.
10. RBI Allows State-Owned Oil Companies To Borrow Long Term Working Capital:-
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has allowed state-owned oil companies to borrow long-term working capital from overseas. RBI relaxed the policy on borrowing up to 10 billion US dollar from the overseas by the state-owned fuel retailers.
- Till now oil marketing companies including Indian Oil Corp, Bharat Petroleum Corp Ltd, and Hindustan Petroleum Corp Ltd, were not allowed to raise External Commercial Borrowing (ECB) for working capital needs on a long-term basis. Now, the RBI has allowed them to raise ECB of minimum maturity of 3 or 5 years.