Current Affairs of July 30, 2018, are as follows:-
1. EIL has launched Electric Vehicle charging and battery swapping infrastructure initiative:-
- Essel Infraprojects Ltd, (EIL) has launched Electric Vehicle charging and battery swapping infrastructure initiative under Essel Green Mobility Limited in Lucknow. Essel Infraprojects is planning to invest Rs.1,750 crore on this project.
- Under the project, EIL has initiated 250 charging stations, 1,000 battery swapping stations in 20 cities of Uttar Pradesh.
- EIL will also invest in the deployment of 25,000 e-rickshaws simultaneously.
- This will create around 50,000 job opportunities.
2. Russian Open Badminton Trophy won by Sourabh Verma:-
- Ace Indian shuttler Sourabh Verma won the Russian Open Badminton trophy at Vladivostok.
- Sourabh won the Chinese Taipei Masters in 2016 and finished runners-up at Bitburger Open the same year.
- In Mixed Doubles, the pair of Rohan Kapoor and Kuhoo Garg lost in the Final against the Russian-Korean team of Vladimir Ivanov and Min Kyung Kim, 19-21, 17-21.
3. Indian Railways launches ‘Mission Satyanishtha’:-
- The Indian Railways launched ‘Mission Satyanishtha’ and a programme on Ethics in Public Governance, in a first-of-its-kind event, at a day-long function held at National Rail Museum, New Delhi.
- The key objective of the Satyanishtha mission is to train every employee to understand the need and value of ethics in personal and public life and to deal with ethical dilemmas in life and public governance.
4. First Hindu to win National Assembly seat:-
- Mahesh Malani of Pakistan Peoples Party’s became the first Hindu candidate to win a National Assembly seat.
- Malani contested & won the National Assembly (NA-222) Tharparkar-II seat in southern Sindh province, after defeating 14 candidates.
- Non-Muslims got the right to vote & contest on general seats in Pakistan in 2002 after the then president Gen Pervez Musharraf made amendments in the Constitution.
5. International Army Games 2018 declared open in Moscow:-
- The International Army Games 2018 at Patriot Park in Moscow region was declared open by Russian Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu.\
- Indian teams are taking part in two major competitions-- Tank Biathlon event at Alabino ranges and Moscow region and Elbrus Ring competition in Caucasus mountains.
- The games are being held from July 28 to August 11 at 24 training grounds in seven countries namely Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Iran, Kazakhstan, China, and Russia.
- For the first time that Armenia and Iran are co-hosting events of the Army Games.
- The opening ceremony was attended by Indian Ambassador to Russia, Pankaj Saran along with Indian attaches attended the ceremony.
6. Assam to implement PRANAM Scheme:-
- Assam government will implement PRANAM (Parent Responsibility & Norms for Accountability and Monitoring) Scheme from October 2, 2018.
- The scheme aims to ensure that government staff takes care of their parents & physically challenged siblings.
- It mandates deduction of 10-15 percent of the gross salary of employees who do not take care of their parents & disabled siblings.
7. Bajrang Punia won second consecutive international gold at Yasar Dogu International:-
- Bajrang Punia won his second consecutive international gold and Sandeep Tomar won a silver medal at the Yasar Dogu International in Istanbul, Turkey.
- Indian wrestlers returned with 10 medals, including seven by women, from the ranking event.
- In the women's competition, Pinki gold medallist in the 55kg category with her 6-3 win over Ukraine's Olga Shnaider in the final.
- The Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik failed to reach the medal round in the 62-kilogram category.
8. Union Minister JP Nadda launches National Viral Hepatitis Control Program:-
- To eradicate viral hepatitis by the year of 2030, Union Minister J P Nadda launches National Viral Hepatitis Control Program.
- He released the Operational Guidelines for National Viral Hepatitis Control Program, National Laboratory Guidelines for Viral Hepatitis Testing and National Guidelines for Diagnosis and Management of Viral Hepatitis.
- The programme has been developed in association with all stakeholders who have worked at the grass-root level and has been launched in accordance with Sustainable Development Goals (SDG), 2030.