Current Affairs of April 30, 2018, are as follows:-
1.LCA Tejas successfully fired Air-to-Air BVR Missile:-
- Indigenously developed Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas successfully fired an air-to-air beyond visual range (BVR) missile.
- With this, Tejas has demonstrated its overall capability as an effective combat jet and inched closer to receive final operational clearance.
- The successful launch of the BVR missile will expedite issuance of the Final Operational Clearance to the aircraft developed by state-run Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) and Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
2.In a first, India and Pakistan will jointly take part in SCO war games:-
- In a first, India and Pakistan will jointly take part in 'Peace Mission-2018', a multi-nation counter-terror war game, under the aegis of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) in Russia in August 2018.
- Peace Mission-2018 will also see the participation of China, Russia, and other SCO countries.
- The exercise will be held in the Chelyabinsk region of Russia from August 22 to August 29, 2018.
- India's participation in the exercise was confirmed by Union Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
- The exercise will be aimed at bolstering counter-terror cooperation among the member countries.
- It will see joint mock drills to eliminate terrorists and their networks, and interventions in hostage situations.
- Now, the group has eight full members including India, Pakistan, and Uzbekistan.
3.Nadal defeats Tsitsipas to win 11th Barcelona open title:-
- Rafael Nadal won his 11th Barcelona Open title on clay.
- Rafael Nadal of Spain earned his 11th Barcelona Open tennis title on Sunday as he crushed the rising Greek star Stefanos Tsitsipas 6-2, 6-1.
- He defeated the 19-year-old Greek Stefanos Tsitsipas to clinch the title. Nadal who also won his 11th Monte Carlos Masters title recently.
- He was the first Greek to make it to an ATP final since Nicholas Kalogeropoulos in 1973.
- Tsitsipas was the youngest finalist in Barcelona since 2005.
4.Kavinder Gupta sworn in as Deputy Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir:-
- Kavinder Gupta, who resigned as the Speaker of Jammu and Kashmir Assembly on April 29, 2018, was sworn-in as the Deputy Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir, replacing BJP colleague Nirmal Singh.
- This change in position was a part of a bigger reshuffle in J&K’s PDP-BJP government headed by Mehbooba Mufti.
5.World’s oldest spider discovered in Australia:-
- Scientists have discovered what may be the world’s oldest recorded spider – a 43-year-old arachnid in Australia.
- The Giaus Villosus trapdoor matriarch died recently during a long-term population study and had outlived the previous world record holder, a 28-year old tarantula found in Mexico.
- The ongoing research has led to new discoveries about the longevity of the trapdoor spider.
6.Prime Minister Narendra Modi China Visit completed:-
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived in New Delhi after a two-day informal summit meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping in Wuhan.
- The Prime Minister was received at the airport by External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj.
- Prime Minister Modi wrapped up his two-day visit to China with both the countries underlining the importance of maintaining peace and tranquillity in all areas of their border region in the larger interest of the overall development of bilateral relations.
- On day two both leaders took a long walk by Wuhan’s iconic East Lake.
- The two leaders also agreed to issue “strategic guidance” to their militaries to strengthen communications and to build trust and understanding.
- After the walk, the talk followed a Naav (Boat) pe charcha. The two leaders took a boat ride on a traditional Chinese wooden boat sporting a pagoda.
7.Dalmia Bharat Group adopts Red Fort under Adopt a Heritage Scheme:-
- Dalmia Bharat Group has become the first corporate house to adopt a historical monument in India.
- The private entity has adopted the Red Fort under the central government’s Adopt a Heritage Scheme.
- The Adopt a Heritage Scheme was launched in September 2017.
8.International Buddhist Conference held in Lumbini, Nepal:-
- International Buddhist Conference was held in Lumbini, Nepal on April 29-30, 2018 to commemorate 2562nd Buddha Jayanti.
- The theme of the conference was ‘Lumbini Nepal: The birthplace of Lord Buddha and the fountain of Buddhism and world peace’.
- Lumbini is the birthplace of Gautama Buddha, founder of the Buddhist religion.
9.BCCI to honor Diana Edulji with CK Nayudu Lifetime Achievement Award:-
- The panel of BCCI panel which contains three members has recommended former India women’s team captain and current CoA member, Diana Edulji, for the prestigious CK Nayudu Lifetime Achievement Award. Along with Edulji, former India opener late Pankaj Roy will also be awarded posthumously.
10.Sajid Javid replaces Amber Rudd as Home Secretary of UK:-
- Pakistani-origin MP Sajid Javid was appointed Britain’s new Home Secretary to replace Amber Rudd, who resigned after admitting that she had “inadvertently misled” Parliament over the existence of deportation targets for immigrants.
- Javid was promoted from his Cabinet post of Communities, Local Government, and Housing Minister.
11.Barcelona Clinches Its 25th La Liga Title:-
- Five-time Ballon d'Or winner Lionel Messi netted a hat-trick as Barcelona defeated Deportivo to clinch the La Liga for the seventh time in 10 years and the 25th time in their history.
- Barcelona also extended their league record unbeaten streak.
12.Gujarati poet Sitanshu Yashaschandra chosen for 2017 Saraswati Samman:-
- Gujarati poet Sitanshu Yashaschandra was on April 28, 2018, chosen for the 2017 Saraswati Samman for his collection of verses (poetry) titled ‘Vakhar’, published in 2009. The collection engages with larger and more immediate human conditions and hence with "the political".
- Yashaschandra was selected for this 27th edition of the award by a high-level Chayan Parishad Selection Committee, presided over by the former secretary general of Lok Sabha Subhash C Kashyap.