Current Affairs of April 29, 2018, are stated as:-
1.Environment Ministry declares all protected areas plastic free zones:-
- The Environment Ministry has banned plastics in all the areas around the country and declared them plastic free zones.
- It has directed states and Union territories to organize awareness campaigns to sensitize people about the issue.
- The decision has been taken ahead of the World Environment Day that is observed on June 5.
2.Jharkhand doubles the electric fare in the urban areas:-
- The month of May in Jharkhand will see high bill electricity bills because the rates of electricity units have been doubled.
- The State Electricity Regulatory Commission approved it on Friday about this hike in electricity tariff.
- This time only electricity categories are fixed in five categories that include domestic, irrigation, business, industrial and institutional.
- The commission is not clear about the system of complaint related to the provisions of the subsidy, including the modalities.
- It is surprising that the cost of electricity in the domestic category will be almost equal to the electricity used in the industries.
3.PM Modi asks students to take up his govt's summer internship for clean India:-
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday asked youngsters to join the ‘Swachh Bharat Summer Internship 2008' launched by his government.
- He announced incentives, including credit point by the UGC, for participants, saying it is an opportunity for those who want to make a change in the society.
- In his monthly ‘Mann ki Baat' broadcast, Modi also pitched for water conservation, saying it should be everyone's responsibility and asserted.
4.New frog species Fejervarya goemchi named after Goa:-
- Our Scientists have identified a new species of frog called Fejervarya goemchi in the highland plateaus of the Western Ghats parts of Goa.
- It has been named after the state of Goa where the species is discovered.
- Fejervarya goemchi are large-sized terrestrial frogs.
5.Neeraj recommended for Khel Ratna and Arjuna Award:-
- Commonwealth Games champion Neeraj Chopra has been recommended by the Athletics Federation of India (AFI) for the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award.
- The federation has nominated PT Usha and India youth team coach Sanjay Garnaik for the Dronacharya Award.
6.India-China Informal Summit held in Wuhan:-
- The first Informal Summit between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and China’s President Xi Jinping was held in Wuhan.
- The purpose of the meeting was to exchange views Key Takeaway from the meeting Both leaders agreed that simultaneous emergence of India and China as two large economies and major powers with strategy.
7.High Court asks for latest position on air safety from DGCA:-
- The Delhi High Court has sought from the civil aviation regulator, DGCA, the latest position regarding air safety, probe into aircraft accidents and recruitment of flight operations inspectors.
- A bench of Acting Chief Justice Gita Mittal and Justice C Hari Shankar asked for the information.
- After the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) claimed that it has been following all precautions to ensure flight safety in the country.
- The court listed the matter for further hearing on August 2.
8.Shooter Gauri Sheoran Made Brand Ambassador For Haryana's Health Programmes:-
- The Haryana government-appointed international shooter Gauri Sheoran the brand ambassador for its two health-related programmes.
- The decision was announced by Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar at the launch of the measles-rubella (MR) vaccination campaign.
- The chief minister also flagged off 11 medical mobile units for the campaign.
- Under the campaign, about 80 lakh children aged between nine months and 15 would be vaccinated.
9.DAC approves Capital Acquisition Proposals of Rs 3687 Crore:-
- The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) on April 27, 2018, approved Capital Acquisition Proposals of the services valued at over Rs 3687 crore.
- DAC approved procurement of DRDO’s designed and developed NAG Missile System (NAMIS) at the cost of Rs 524 crore.
- The DAC also approved procurement of thirteen 127 mm calibre guns for the Navy.
10.Dalmia Bharat Signs MoU To Maintain Heritage Sites:-
- Dalmia Bharat Limited signed a MoU with the Tourism Ministry to take up Red Fort (in Delhi) and Gandikota Fort (Andhra Pradesh) under the ‘Adopt a Heritage’ project.
11.Environment Ministry, UNCCD conclude capacity building workshop:-
- The four-day Asia Pacific Regional Workshop of the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD), jointly hosted by the Union Ministry of Environment and UNCCD Secretariat concluded on April 27, 2018.
- The four-day Workshop trained the participants in the use of an innovative land degradation monitoring tool by Conservation International, for the reporting process of UNCCD.