Current Affairs of May 28, 2018, are as follows:-
1. Spanish prime minister to face a confidence vote on June 1:-
- Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy will face a vote of confidence in his leadership on June 1, 2018, as corruption convictions handed down to dozens of people linked to his center-right People's Party (PP) threatened his six-year rule.
- Spain's parliament agreed on May 28 that the debate and vote would take place on Thursday and Friday, although the opposition Socialists who proposed the vote may struggle to garner enough support in the fragmented legislature to unseat Rajoy.
- The 63-year-old survived a no-confidence vote last June.
2. Alan Bean fourth man To Walk On The Moon Died:-
- Former US astronaut Alan Bean, who was the fourth man to walk on the Moon died in Texas, United States.
- He was 86. Bean went into space twice, the first time in November 1969 as the lunar module pilot on the Apollo 12 moon-landing mission.
- In 1973 he was commander of the second crewed flight to Skylab- America's first space station.
- Bean retired from NASA in 1981 and carved a successful career as an artist.
- His paintings, inspired by space travel, featured lunar boot prints as well as small pieces of his mission patches which were stained by Moondust.
3. Telangana government enhances retirement age limit for teaching professors:-
- The Telangana government has enhanced the retirement age limit for teaching professors of state health department from 58 to 65. This decision was taken in a Cabinet meeting held on May 27, 2018.
- The Cabinet has also approved the proposed farmer’s insurance scheme under which every farmer in the age group of 18 to 60 years will be provided with life insurance coverage of five lakh rupees.
4. Arjun Vajpai became youngest to summit six peaks over 8,000m:-
- Indian mountaineer Arjun Vajpai has become the youngest person in the world to scale six peaks over 8,000 meters when he summited the treacherous Kangchenjunga, the third highest mountain in the world.
5. Daniel Ricciardo Wins Monaco Grand Prix 2018:-
- Australian Formula One racer Daniel Ricciardo handed Red Bull a victory in their 250th race in the Formula One at Monaco GP.
- Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel, last year's winner at the Monaco GP, finished second while Mercedes' Lewis Hamilton was third.
6. Himachal government to promote organic farming:-
- The state government of Himachal Pradesh has decided to promote organic farming in a big way and plans to adopt an integrated approach for promoting organic and zero budget natural farming system.
- At present, 39,790 farmers have already switched over to organic farming ensuring production of healthy food grains, free from harmful chemical ingredients.
- The state government has introduced 'Prakritik Kheti Khushhaal Kisaan Yojana' to enhance agricultural income by adopting low-cost climate-resilient Zero Budget Natural Farming System.
- A state-level committee headed by the chief minister would monitor the implementation and progress of the Zero Budget Natural Farming System.
7. India’s highest decorated general passed away:-
- India’s most decorated General, Lt Gen Zorawar Chand Bakshi, also known as Zoru Bakshi passed away. Decorated with Maha Vir Chakra, Vir Chakra, Param Vishisht Seva Medal and Vishisht Seva Medal, Bakshi was instrumental in the historic capture of strategic Haji Pir pass from Pakistan army.
8. Modi inaugurates India’s 1st 14-lane highway:-
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the first phase of Delhi-Meerut Expressway on May 27, 2018.
- The Delhi-Meerut Expressway would be India’s first 14-lane highway. The project is being built in four segments and is expected to be fully completed by March 2019.
- The expressway will do away with 31 traffic signals on the Delhi-Meerut road, the busiest highway in the region, and make it signal free.
9. Prime Minister Narendra Modi Launches Survey On NaMo App:-
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a survey on the NaMo App, asking people to rate the performance of the government at the Centre and MPs and MLAs in their constituencies.
- He launched the initiative, to mark the completion of four years of the NDA government, which came to power at the Centre in 2014.
10. CSK defeat SRH to clinch Record-Equalling third IPL title:-
- Playing in their seventh Indian Premier League final, Chennai Super Kings has defeated Sun Risers Hyderabad to clinch their third Indian Premier League title. With this, Chennai Super Kings equaled Mumbai Indians’ record for winning the most number of Indian Premier League titles.