Current Affairs of April 28, 2018, are as follows:-
1.Google ranked as most trusted internet brand in India: Report:-
- It is revealed from the survey that, Google Search Engine is the most trusted Internet Brand in India, followed y Facebook.
- The report is declared by the TRA Brand Trust Report 2018.
- With 1.2 trillion searches per year, Google has become the first port of call for all things on the Internet.
- The biggest falls in trust were seen by Snapdeal, who fell by 142 ranks over last year.
- The top trust gainers this year were Netflix (up 506 ranks over last year). TRA’s Brand Trust Report 2018 report covers 2488 consumer-influencers across 16 cities in India and generated 5 million data points.
- Google was followed by Facebook, Amazon, and eBay.
2.IndiGo chief Aditya Ghosh resigns:-
- Aditya Ghosh resigned as the President and whole-time director of IndiGo and will leave the company by 31 July 2018.
- While Interglobe Chairman Rahul Bhatia appointed as the interim CEO of the company, Greg Taylor will be appointed as president and CEO of the company.
3.President signs ordinance to provide death penalty to rapists of girls below 12 years:-
- President Ram Nath Kovind on April 27, 2018, promulgated an ordinance that provides for stringent punishment, including the death penalty, for those convicted of raping girls below the age of 12 years.
- The ordinance- Criminal Law (Amendment) Ordinance 2018 stipulates stringent punishment for those guilty of rape, particularly of girls below the age of 16 and 12 years.
- The ordinance also orders death sentence to those guilty of raping girls below the age of 12 years.
4.Transport ministry launches road safety training programme for engineers:-
- The Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has launched a national programme to train civil engineers and road transport professionals in road safety
- The second batch of engineers completed their training on Friday, raising the number of engineers trained so far to 200.
- The training is being conducted by the Asian Institute of Transport Development (AITD), with which the ministry has tied up to provide safety training to about 4,000 professionals.
- The training programme will cover all states and union territories in the country, according to AITD.
5.April 28: World Day for Safety and Health at Work:-
- The World Day for Safety and Health at Work was observed globally on April 28, 2018. The theme for 2018 is ‘Occupational safety health (OSH) vulnerability of young workers’.
6.CIA Chief Mike Pompeo Sworn In As New US Secretary Of State:-
- Mike Pompeo was sworn in as the secretary of state, shortly after the Senate confirmed the former CIA director’s nomination as America’s top diplomat at a crucial time when the US is involved in several high stakes negotiations around the world.
- Supreme Court justice Samuel Alito administered the oath to Pompeo in the West Conference Room of the Supreme Court.
7.Bradley Cooper to receive 2018 American Cinematheque Award:-
- Continuously, Four-time Oscar nominee Bradley Cooper will receive the 32nd annual American Cinematheque Award.
- The Hollywood organization will honor Cooper for his achievements in film, which include three consecutive Oscar nominations for his roles in 2012′s “Silver Linings Playbook” 2013′s “American Hustle,” and 2014′s “American Sniper.
8.Top SBI, IDBI execs among 9 shortlisted for RBI Dy Governor post:-
- A search panel headed by the Cabinet Secretary is scheduled to interview candidates on May 10 to find a successor to RBI Deputy Governor S S Mundra, who completed his three-year term in July last year.
Out of about 40 applications received, the Financial Sector Regulatory Appointment Search Committee (FSRASC) has shortlisted about 9 names who have been called for interview on May 10, sources said.
9.Shirui Lily Festival Concludes In Manipur:-
- Manipur's Shirui Lily Festival 2018 was concluded at Ukhrul district.
- The festival was spread over multiple venues.
- The festival was sponsored by the department of tourism, Manipur to spread awareness about conservation of the endangered Shirui Lily and promote the district of Ukhrul as a tourist destination in Manipur.
- The festival was also supported by NEC and aims to promote afforestation and sustainable tourism efforts in the state.
10.Gujarati poet Sitanshu Yashaschandra chosen for 2017 Saraswati Samman:-
- The famous Gujarati poet, playwright and academic Sitanshu Yashaschandra were selected for 2017 Saraswati Samman for his collection of verses (poetry) titled “Vakhar” published in 2009. It was 27 edition of the award.