Current Affairs of April 27, 2018, are as follows:-
1. First Women Advocate of SC takes oath today:-
- Senior advocate Indu Malhotra took oath as a Judge of the Supreme Court on April 27, 2018.
- The oath was administered to her by Chief Justice of India Dipak Misra.
- In 2007, Mrs. Malhotra was only the second woman to be appointed a senior advocate by the apex court, three decades after Leila Seth first made history.
- The Union Law Ministry had approved Malhotra’s name for the position on April 25, clearing the way for her to become the first woman lawyer to be directly appointed from the Bar as a Judge in the Apex Court.
- After the Malhotra’s appointment, the total strength of the Supreme Court would now go up to 25, against the sanctioned strength of 31, including the CJI.
2.CSIR wins National Intellectual Property Award 2018:-
- The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) was awarded the National Intellectual Property Award, 2018 for being the top research and development organization for patents and commercialization.
- The award was conferred by Union Commerce Minister Suresh Prabhu, at a function organized by the Indian Intellectual Property Office and Confederation of Indian Chambers of Commerce (CII) in New Delhi.
- The function is specially organized to celebrate the World Intellectual Property Day.
- The Director-General of CSIR, Girish Sahni, received the award on behalf of CSIR.
3.Microsoft is India’s Most Attractive Employer: Randstad Survey:-
- Microsoft India declared the most attractive employer brand, followed by e-commerce giant Amazon India.
- The winners were named by HR service provider Randstad's Employer Brand Research (REBR) 2018.
- Tata Consultancy Service is the most favored company in IT sector.
- While Larsen & Toubro tops Infrastructure & Construction and Hindustan Unilever emerges the winner in FMCG.
4.Vistara becomes a member of IATA:-
- Vistara has become the third Indian carrier to be a member of the International Air Transport Association (IATA), the trade association of more than 280 airlines.
- The two other Indian carriers that are IATA members include Air India and Jet Airways.
- The IATA advocates for the interests of airlines across the globe, establish standards to simplify the process and increase passenger convenience and helps airlines to operate safely, efficiently and economically.
5.Jeremy won 2 medals at Weightlifting C’ship:-
- India’s Jeremy Lalrinnunga (56 kg) broke two national records to win the silver in Youth section and bronze medal in Junior section at the Asian Youth and Junior Weightlifting Championship at Urgench, Uzbekistan.
- Jeremy created national records in youth boys and junior men during his lift of 250 kg.
6.Mario Abdo Benitez elected as New President Of Paraguay:-
- Mario Abdo Benitez won the presidential election conducted in Paraguay.
- Mario belongs to the ruling Colorado Party.
- In elections, He had secured 46.5% of the votes, with 96% of 21,000.
- Efrain Alegre of the Authentic Radical Liberal Party came second with 42.7% of the votes. Mario Abdo Benitez’s 5-year term begins on 15th August 2018.
7.Meghalaya govt installs an e-prison system in Shillong jail:-
- The state government of Meghalaya on April 27, 201,8 installed a software at Shillong district jail to integrate information about its inmates, as a part of its initiative to modernize correctional homes in the state.
- The e-prisons software is developed by the Union government.
- It aims to keep a tab on prisoners of all states. It is a significant step towards digitization and modernization of prisons.
- It will be implemented in all the correctional facilities across the state.
8.India and Nepal IGC Meet Begins In Kathmandu:-
- India-Nepal Inter-Governmental Committee (IGC) meeting on trade, transit, and cooperation to Control Unauthorised Trade started in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- The main focus of the two-day meeting will be on further strengthening trade and investment ties between both the countries.
- The Indian side is led by Commerce Secretary Rita Teaotia.
9.Pakistani Playwright Madeeha Guahar Passes away:-
- Renowned Pakistani playwright and director Madeeha Gauhar died because of cancer.
- Her age was just 62.
- In 2006, Gauhar became the first Pakistani woman to be honored with the prestigious Prince Claus Award for her leadership of Ajoka.
10.Myanmar to introduce new coins:-
- The Central Bank of Myanmar has announced on April 27, 2018, that they will introduce quarter tical gold coins with a new design to meet high demand.
- The portrait of late national hero and Father of the Nation of modern-day Myanmar General Aung San is engraved on the new coin.
- He was the father of Myanmar’s state counselor Aung San Suu Kyi.
11.Kim Jong Un crosses over to South Korea for the first time:-
- North Korean leader Kim Jong Un crossed the border that separates the two Koreas at the demilitarized zone (DMZ) to enter South Korea, becoming the first North Korean leader to step into South Korean territory since 1953.
- The highest-level encounter is only the third of its kind since the end of the 1950-53 Korean War.
- It took place as a part of the historic Inter Korean summit that began on the southern side of the truce village of Panmunjom in the Demilitarised Zone.
12.The government collects Rs 7 lakh 41 thousand crore from GST during 2017-18:-
- The government has collected Rs 7 lakh 41 thousand crores from the Goods and Services Tax (GST) during 2017-18. The tax system was rolled from July 1, 2017.
- According to an official statement from the Finance Ministry, the total revenue collected under GST in the period between August 2017 and March 2018 has been Rs 7 lakh 19 thousand crores.
- According to the ministry, the average monthly collection for the past eight months was over Rs 89 thousand crores.