Current Affairs of 26 August 2018 following as:-
1. ICOMOS launched the initiative to save cultural heritage damaged in flood-hit Kerala:-
- The International Council on Monuments and Sites (ICOMOS), a global monument conservation body, has launched an initiative to assess the damage to the rich cultural and built heritage in flood-devastated Kerala and set up an emergency response platform.
- ICOMOS is also an advisory body to the UNESCO for cultural heritage, in particular for the implementation of the World Heritage Convention.
2. TVS launched 110cc motorbike Radeon:-
- TVS Motor Company launched the new 110cc motorbike Radeon. The two-wheeler with advanced features is priced at Rs. 48,400 and is showcased in Delhi.
- The newly launched 110cc motorbike Radeon has the features of the model including first-in-segment synchronized braking technology, car-like speedometer, the largest seat in the segment chrome silencer, bigger wheels and a smartphone charger.
3. Misa Matsushima became the first woman fighter pilot in Japan:-
- First Lieutenant Misa Matsushima, 26-year-old, of Japan Air Self Defence Force, finished her training to fly F-15s. She is the first woman fighter pilot in Japan.
- The Japan Air Force decided in 1993 to open all positions to women, except for pilots of fighter jets and reconnaissance aircraft. But the limit was lifted in 2015, opening the way for Matsushima to join the elite group of fighter pilots, with three other women now going through training.
4. Indian rower Dushyant bags Bronze medal 2018 Asian Games:-
- Indian rowers Sawarn Singh, Dattu Bhokanal, Om Prakash and Sukhmeet Singh won the men's Quadruple Sculls to win India's fifth gold medal at the Asian Games 2018.
- The Host cities for Asian Games 2018 are Jakarta and Palembang, Indonesia.
5. International Water Colour Festival in Ranchi:-
- Five-day long 'International watercolor festival' is held in Ranchi at Audrey House, to promote the rich art and culture of Jharkhand.
- This is the first time in the country that international artists will paint together.
- In this program 24 countries of the world, 25 states of India and 24 districts of the state are participating.
- On this occasion, the artist Victoria from Ukraine and artist Uttam Karmakar from Italy did the live painting and presented it to the Chief Minister Raghubar Das.
6. India finish second in Women's kabaddi for 1 st time at Asiad:-
- India bagged silver medal in Women's kabaddi at the Asian Games 2018 after losing to Iran in the final match.
- The Indian women's kabaddi team finished second for the first time at Asiad after having won gold in the 2010 and 2014 editions.
7. United States-China Trade War hits 100 billion dollar in Goods:-
- China has responded dollar-for-dollar on hundreds of US goods, putting the total value of affected goods at $100 billion, one-seventh of the total annual US-China trade.
- Computers and electronics, and machinery are among the hardest hit, including $1.1 billion in imports of computer processors, and the same amount of electrical machines.
- The next biggest victim is $700 million in integrated circuits, $500 million in solar cells, and $400 million in computer memory.