Current Affairs of June 25, 2018, are as follows:-
1. President Tayyip Erdogan returns to power in Turkey:-
- President Recep Tayyip Erdogan won a new five-year term after securing outright victory in the first round of Turkey's Presidential poll.
- Erdogan received the absolute majority of all valid votes.
- With 99 percent of votes counted, Erdogan won 53 percent votes and his closest rival Muharrem Ince won 31 percent.
- The final results will be announced on June 29, 2018.
2. Kerala 4th international airport to open in September:-
- Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan announced the state's fourth international airport in Kannur will begin operations in September this year.
- Following a meeting with Union Civil Aviation Minister Suresh Prabhu, the CM added that development plans for Thiruvananthapuram and Kozhikode airports were also discussed.
3. IIFA 2018 Awards: 'Tumhari Sulu' best film, Irrfan Khan best actor:-
- Vidya Balan-starrer "Tumhari Sulu" won the Best Picture Award at the International Indian Film Academy Awards 2018 in Bangkok.
- Irfan Khan was adjudged the Best Actor for his role in the film "Hindi Medium".
- Sridevi was posthumously awarded the Best Female Actor for "Mom".
- The Best Director trophy was won by Saket Chowdhary for his film "Hindi Medium".
- “Newton", which was India's official entry to Oscars this year, won the award for Best Story for director Masurkar.
- Anupam Kher, who has over 500 films to his credit, was honored with the Outstanding Achievement Award at the ceremony.
4. PM Modi to inaugurate 3rd AIIB meeting in Mumbai:-
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the 3rd Annual Meeting of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) on June 25-26 in Mumbai.
- The two-day event will be held at the Hotel Trident/Oberoi and NCPA. In the past, AIIB annual meetings have been held in Beijing, China, in 2016 and in Jeju, South Korea, in 2017.
5. Archery World Cup: Deepika Kumari clinches gold medal:-
- In Archery, Deepika Kumari clinched a gold medal in the women's recurve event at stage three of World Cup in Salt Lake City of the US.
- Deepika defeated Michelle Kroppen of Germany by 7-3.
- With this win, the four-time World Cup final silver medalist has automatically qualified for the Archery World Cup Final to be held in Samsun, Turkey in 2018.
- Tan Ya-Ting of Chinese Taipei won the bronze medal after beating Gabriela Bayardo of the Netherlands in four sets.
- In the medal standings, India finished fourth behind US, Colombia and Chinese Taipei with a gold, silver, and bronze each in the penultimate stage of the World Cup.
6. US sprinter Noah Lyles runs fastest 100m of 2018 in 9.88 seconds:-
- 20-year-old American sprinter Noah Lyles ran the fastest 100-meter race of the year to clinch the US national title in Des Moines, Iowa.
- He clocked 9.88 seconds in the final, after equalling Mike Rodgers' world-leading time of 2018 of 9.89 seconds in the semi-finals.
7. The government appointed Arijit Basu as new Managing Director of SBI:-
- He will fill the position that fell vacant following the elevation of Rajnish Kumar as the chairman.
- The executive committee of the central board approved the appointment of Anil Kishore as deputy managing director and chief risk officer of the bank for a period up to May 2020.
8. Sandeep Sejwal grabs gold at Singapore National Swimming Championships:-
- Indian swimmer Sandeep Sejwal clinched the gold medal in men's 50m breaststroke event at the Singapore National Swimming Championships held in Singapore.
- Virdhawal Khade grabbed a creditable silver medal in the 50m freestyle event with a timing of 22.68 seconds even as compatriot Aaron Agnel Dsouza crashed out in the semifinals.
9. Russia to supply technical security equipment to India:-
- Russian state atomic energy corporation Rosatom said that its subsidiary Nikiret has signed an agreement with Indian engineering services firm Core Energy Systems Pvt Ltd for the promotion of its technical security equipment in India.
- According to Core Chief Executive Pranay Kumar, the partnership will explore opportunities in the Indian government's Comprehensive Integrated Border Management System (CIBMS) project.
10. Recep Tayyip Erdogan re-elected as the Turkish President:-
- Recep Tayyip Erdogan had won a 52.54% share of the national vote and re-elected as the Turkish President, extending his 15-year grip on power.
- Erdogan has won several consecutive elections to become Turkey's longest-serving leader.
11. Supreme Court notifies new roster for judges:-
- Following the retirement of Justice J. Chelameswar, the Supreme Court on June 24, 2018, notified a new roster for the allocation of cases to judges, which will come into effect from July 2, 2018.
- The Bench headed by Chief Justice Dipak Misra will hear all public interest litigation petitions, besides pleas on social justice, elections, habeas corpus, and contempt of court.
- Justice Ranjan Gogoi, the senior most judge after the Chief Justice, will deal with labor laws, indirect taxes, personal law, and company law cases.
- The notification lists the matters that will be heard by Benches headed by the CJI and 10 other judges — Gogoi, Lokur, Joseph, AK Sikri, SA Bobde, NV Ramana, Arun Mishra, AK Goel, RF Nariman and AM Sapre.