Current Affairs of April 25, 2018, are as follows:-
1.April 25 is observed as World Malaria Day:-
- The World Malaria Day was observed across the world on April 25, 2018, with the theme ‘Ready to beat malaria’.
- On this day all across the world recognize is the global efforts to control preventable vector-borne disease malaria.
- According to WHO, there were an estimated 216 million cases of malaria in 2016, around 445000 died due to Malaria and 15 countries, all but one in sub-Saharan Africa, carry 80 percent of the global malaria burden.
- This year’s World Malaria Day coincided with the 70th anniversary of the WHO.
2.Iran bans Banks from using Cryptocurrencies:-
- Iran banned the use of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies by its banks and financial institutions.
- As per the Iran Bank declares that the ban was necessary since all cryptocurrencies have the capacity to be turned into a means for money-laundering and financing terrorism and in general can be turned into a means for transferring criminals' money.
3.India Signs Loan Agreement With World Bank For US$ 125 Million:-
- A Loan Agreement of IBRD Credit of U$$ 125 (equivalent) for the "Innovate in India for inclusiveness Project" was signed with the World Bank in New Delhi.
- The closing date of Innovate in India for Inclusiveness project is 30 June 2023.
- President of the World Banki s Jim Yong Kim and its Headquarters is in Washington, DC.
- The Objectives of the project is to nurture indigenous innovation, foster local product development and accelerate commercialization process.
4.India's 1st E-Commerce Think Tank Meet Convened By Suresh Prabhu:-
- Th first e-commerce think tank meeting is held in New Delhi and the meeting is taken by the commerce and industry minister Suresh Prabhu.
- The minister chaired the meeting which aimed at framing a national policy on e-commerce.
- The setting up of this e-commerce think tank and the initiative taken by the ministry may well be interpreted as the government and its allied bodies beginning to understand the growth potential of the e-commerce industry in India.
5.ICC apologizes for a tweet on PM Modi from an official handle, launches inquiry:-
- The International Cricket Council today apologized and launched an investigation into a social media post relating to Prime Minister Narendra Modi that went out from its official handle.
- "ICC is dismayed at a non-cricket related tweet appearing on its Twitter feed earlier today.
- We would like to extend our sincere apologies to anyone who was offended during the short space of time it was up," ICC said in a tweet after removing the post, the screenshot of which was shared multiple times.
- "We have launched an investigation into how this happened," the world body stated.
6.Important Cabinet Approvals- 25th April 2018:-
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given the following set of approvals.Some of them are stated as:-
- Long-Term Agreements for the supply of iron ore (lumps and fines) to Japan and South Korea through MMTC Limited.
- MoU between India and Sao Tome and Principe for Cooperation in the field of Traditional Systems of Medicine and Homoeopathy.
- The Memorandum of Agreement between India and World Health Organisation represented by its Regional Office for South-East Asia acting through its Country Office in India.
- Declaration of Scheduled Areas in respect of Rajasthan under Fifth Schedule to the Constitution of India.
- Minimum Support Prices for Raw Jute for the 2018-19 season.
7.Sagar Kavach: Coastal security exercise held in Kerala:-
- Two-day coastal security exercise ‘Sagar Kavach’ to strengthen and assess the loopholes in the coastal security mechanism was held along Kerala coast.
- The exercise saw a participation of Indian Coast Guard (ICG), Indian Navy, Coastal Police and Marine Enforcement wing and various other security stakeholders.
8.NITI Aayog to open applications for Atal New India Challenge:-
- The Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) under the NITI Aayog will be launching the Atal New India Challenge on April 26, 2018.
- Under the Atal New India Challenge, AIM will invite prospective innovators/MSMEs/start-ups to design market-ready products using cutting edge technologies across 17 focus areas such as Climate Smart Agriculture, Smart Mobility, Predictive Maintenance of Rolling Stock, Waste Management etc.
- Applicants who will be able to show capabilities, intent and potential to utilize these technologies will be awarded grants of up to Rs 1 crore.
9.India adds 472,075 workers to social security network in February:-
- The social security fund, Employees Provident Fund Organisation, under which employers and employees of companies with 20 or more workers have to contribute to the fund, released provisional figures for six months up to February.
- India added 472,075 employees to the state-run social security network in February compared with 604,557 in the previous month, data showed on Monday, indicating the creation of new jobs in the non-farm sector.
10.Foreigners Can Now Travel To Nagaland, Mizoram, Manipur Without Permit:-
- The Home Ministry has decided to relax the six-decade-old Protected Area Permit regime from Nagaland, Mizoram, and Manipur for five years.
- Foreign tourists, except those from Pakistan, China, and Afghanistan, will now be allowed to visit some of the most pristine locations of the country which, so far, were out of bounds for them without a special permit.
11.CCEA approves restructured National Bamboo Mission:-
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) on April 25, 2018, approved the centrally sponsored scheme ‘National Bamboo Mission’ (NBM) under the National Mission for Sustainable Agriculture (NMSA) for the remaining period of Fourteenth Finance Commission.
- The National Bamboo Mission will ensure integrated development of the bamboo sector by establishing effective linkage of farmers with industry.
12.NASA'S lunar orbital platform "Gateway" to begin Construction:-
- NASA will start work on its Lunar Orbital Platform-Gateway by early 2019 when it will award the first contract for the program.
- The lunar platform will be NASA's planned ‘staging’ area for studies of the moon and the deep-space environment.
- The platform is expected to orbit the moon in 2025.
- It will eventually also function as a gateway space station for Astronauts traveling to and from Mars.