Current Affairs of 25 & 26 November 2018 are as follows:-
1. Venkaiah Naidu lays down the foundation stone of Dera Baba Nanak - Kartarpur Sahib Corridor:-
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu on November 26, 2018, laid the foundation stone for the construction of Dera Baba Nanak - Kartarpur Sahib Road Corridor at a function in Mann village in Gurdaspur district of Punjab.
- The Kartarpur Road Corridor will link India's border district of Gurdaspur with the historic Gurudwara Darbar Sahib in Pakistan, which was the resting place of Guru Nanak.
- The Indian side of Corridor starts from Dera Baba Nanak in Gurdaspur district and extends up to International border between India and Pakistan.
2. Bihar CM Nitish Kumar unveiled a statue of Lord Buddha at Rajgir:-
- Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar unveiled a 70-foot-tall statue of Lord Buddha at Rajgir in Nalanda district. Mr.Kumar unveiled the statue of Lord Buddha, the second tallest statue of Buddha in the country, in the presence of Mahabodhi temple’s chief monk Bhante Chalinda amid the chanting of hymns.
- The statue has been installed above a 16-meter radius pedestal in the middle of the lake Ghora Katora and has been made from 45,000 cubic foot pink sandstone.
- Ghora Katora lake is a historical place. It is a natural lake surrounded by five hills where Lord Buddha's statue has been installed.
3. UP government cleared the proposal to build Ram statue:-
- The Uttar Pradesh government has cleared a proposal to build a 221-meter-tall statue of Lord Ram on the banks of the Saryu river in Ayodhya. The government did not furnish the details of the funding, the construction agency and the location of the statue.
- The size of the statue will outdo the 182-meter-tall statue of Sardar Patel in Gujarat. The Yogi Adityanath government had last year announced that it would construct a Ram statue in Ayodhya as part of the “Navya Ayodhya” scheme of the UP Tourism Department to develop the town as a tourist hub.
- This is not the only Ram statue the BJP government is planning in UP. The government also plans to build a statue of Lord Ram at Shringverpur, a site near Allahabad revered by Nishads.
4. India To Host 50th Union World Conference On Lung Health In 2019:-
- The 50th Union World Conference on Lung Health will be held in Hyderabad, a global organization working in this field announced. The conference ‘Ending the Emergency: Science, Leadership, Action’ which will start in October 2019, the International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease stated.
5. Indian Constitution Day is observed on 26 November:-
- On this day in 1949, the constitution was adopted which came into force on January 26, 1950, marking the beginning of a new era in the history of India. On 19th November 2015, during the year-long celebration of the 125th birth anniversary of Dr. B R Ambedkar, Government of India declared November 26th as the Constitution Day. Previously this day was celebrated as Law Day.
6. Filmmaker Nandita Das to receive FIAPF Award:-
- Filmmaker Nandita Das will be honored with the International Federation of Film Producers Associations( FIAPF) Award at the 12th Asia Pacific Screen Awards (APSA) in Brisbane on the 29th of this month.
- She will be presented the award in recognition of her achievement in film in the Asia Pacific region. This was announced by Michael Hawkins, chairman of the Asia Pacific Screen Awards and its academy in a statement in Brisbane.
7. India marks the 10th anniversary of 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks; the US announces the reward for information on 26/11 perpetrators:-
- India on November 26, 2018, marked the tenth anniversary of 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks that left 166 people dead and over 300 people injured. President Ram Nath Kovind paid tributes to the victims of terror attacks.
- Ten years back in 2008, 10 terrorists of Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorist group sailed into Mumbai and carried out coordinated attacks that lasted for three days.
- The terrorists carried out bomb explosions and gun firings at Taj Mahal Palace hotel, the Oberoi Trident, Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus railway station, Leopold Cafe, Cama Hospital, Nariman House Jewish community center, the Metro Cinema, and St. Xavier's College.
8. Nariman Light House to be inaugurated:-
- A rooftop memorial at Nariman House, the Jewish center in Colaba, is to be formally inaugurated on Monday, the tenth anniversary of the Mumbai terror attacks.
- The memorial will be called the Nariman Light House. The waterfall monument constitutes the names of all the victims of 26/11 terror attack including the policemen and National Security Guards and plaques of the sites where the terrorists attacked, surrounded with lush green plants.