Current Affairs of April 24, 2018, are as follows:-
1.India Wins 8th South Asian Judo Championship:-
- India won 8th South Asian Judo Championship held in Lalitpur, Nepal.
- Indian women whitewashed the championship by beating host Nepal by 5-0 in the final of team events.
- Indian men also won the team championship.
- India topped the medal tally winning 10 Gold and 3 Bronze medals in the individual category.
- Indian women grabbed all 7 gold medals in the individual category while men bagged 3 gold and 3 bronze medals. They defeated Pakistan by 3-2 in the final.
2. April 24 is observed as Panchayati Raj day:-
- April 24 is celebrated as Panchayati Raj day as all over the nation on is date marks a defining moment in the history of decentralization of political power to the grassroots level.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Mandla in Madhya Pradesh on the National Panchayati Raj Day.
- Prime Minister launched the Rashtriya Gramin Swaraj Abhiyan, at a public meeting, and addressed Panchayati Raj representatives across the country, from Mandla.
- Ministry of Panchayati Raj organizes National Conference on 24th April every year to commemorate the National Panchayati Raj Diwas.
3. Paytm Payments Bank Registers 100M KYC Wallets:-
- 100 million KYC wallets are declared by Paytm payments wallets.
- The bank has introduced several options that include Paytm KYC centers and 'Paytm-Ka-ATM' outlets to offer more localized support.
- Paytm Payments Bank is owned 51 percent by Paytm founder Vijay Shekhar Sharma.
4.Diu Smart City becomes first to run on 100% Renewable Energy during daytime:-
- Diu Smart City has become the first city in India.
- This Smart City runs on 100% renewable energy during daytime setting a new benchmark for other cities to become clean and green.
- Diu offers its residents a subsidy of Rs10, 000-50,000 for installing 1-5KW rooftop solar panels.
- Diu is saving about 13,000 tonnes of carbon emissions every year.
5.Sushma Swaraj & Nirmala Sitharaman Attends SCO’s Meet in China:-
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj have attended the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation’s (SCO).
- The meeting was held in Bejing, China.
- The SCO, headquartered in Beijing, was founded in 2001.
- It is a preparatory meeting related to upcoming summit of the SCO.
- The annual summit of the SCO, in which India is the latest entrant along with Pakistan, will take place in the Chinese city of Qingdao in June 2018.
6.Nitin Gadkari Inaugurates 29th Road Safety Week in New Delhi:-
- Union Road Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari has inaugurated the 29th Road Safety Week at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi.
- He released a book named "Have a Safe Journey".
- Mr. Gadkari has announced that India will sign a pact with South Korea for enhancing road safety measures.
7.PFA Player of the Year is crowned on Mohamed Salah:-
- Liverpool and Egyptian forward Mohamed Salah was named Player of the Year by England’s Professional Footballers’ Association (PFA).
- And Salah has become the first person in Premier League history to claim three Player of the Month awards in the same season.
8.AFSPA removed from Meghalaya and few parts of Arunachal Pradesh:-
- The Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act, 1958 (AFSPA) was completely removed from Meghalaya and some areas of Arunachal Pradesh with effect from April 1, 2018.
- AFSPA has been restricted to eight police stations of Arunachal Pradesh bordering Assam and three districts adjoining Myanmar namely Tirap, Longding, and Changlang.
9. India and World Bank Signs Agreement to Improve Rural Road Network in MP:-
- India and the World Bank signed a $210 million loan agreement for the Madhya Pradesh Rural Connectivity Project.
The Project will cover 10,510 km stretch of rural roads in Madhya Pradesh that fall under the Chief Minister’s Gram Sadak Yojana (CMGSY) program.
10.Students helping NASA decide which plants to grow in space:-
- Students of Nasa are also helping NASA decide what crops to grow in space to expand food options and increase plant diversity.
- NASA has been partnering with Fairchild Tropical Botanic Gardens in Miami, Florida, to encourage student interest in science, technology, engineering, and math, or STEM.
- NASA will use students' data to determine which plants to begin growing in space.
11.Five more states to roll out intra-state e-way bill:-
- According to Central Government, it is declared that five more states including Arunachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Meghalaya, Sikkim, and Puducherry will roll out intra-state e-way bills from April 25.
- The total number of states implementing e-way bills for intra-state movement of goods will rise to 17
- In Karnataka, it was implemented along with nationwide inter-state implementation on April 1.
12.Rafael Nadal wins 31st Monte Carlo Masters Title:-
- Spain's Player Rafael Nada defeated Japan’s Kei Nishikori by 6-3, 6-2 in the Monte Carlo Masters final won his 31st Master's title. It is also Nadal’s 11th Monte Carlo Masters title in 14 years.
13.50 IIT alumni quit jobs to form political party:-
- A group of 50 alumni from the prestigious Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) across the country have quit their jobs to form a political party to fight for the rights of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and Other Backward Classes.
- All set with a poster which has pictures of B R Ambedkar, Subhas Chandra Bose, and A P J Abdul Kalam, among others, the party has already begun a social media campaign.
- The party members, however, do not aim for the 2019 Lok Sabha elections.
14.Uttarakhand to Get Rs1,700 crore Aid From ADB:-
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has agreed in principle to give an aid of 1,700 crore rupees to Uttarakhand for infrastructure development and creation of sewerage treatment facilities in urban areas.
- This was conveyed to Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat by the country director of ADB’s India Regiment Mission Kenichi Yokoyama at a meeting in Dehradun.
15.Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Awards 2018: Some list of Winners are as:-
- Dadahaheb Phalke Excellence Awards 2018 honored the individuals from the entertainment industry for their outstanding contribution towards the growth and development of cinema and/or television.
- . 1. Best actor (male) Shahid Kapoor 2.Best actor people's choice award Ranveer Singh 3. Entertainer of the year Kartik Aryan 4Best actress (critics) Aditi Rao Hydari 5. Lifetime achievement award Simi Garewal 6. Pride of Indian cinema Sanjay Dutt 7. Path-breaking producer of the year Anushka Sharma and Karnesh Sharma 8. Best director Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari 9 Outstanding performance male Raj Kumar Rao, Rana Daggubati 10. Outstanding performance female Tamanna Bhatia, Kriti Sanon.