Current Affairs of June 23, 2018, are as follows:-
1. One lakh people perform Yoga in Rajasthan, create world record:-
- On the occasion of International Yoga Day on June 21, More than 1 lakh people together performed Yoga in Rajasthan's Kota to create Guinness World Record.
- CM Vasundhara Raje Scindia was present at the venue along with Yoga guru Ramdev, who conducted the yoga session.
- Earlier, 55,000 people of Mysore held the record of the largest crowd performing yoga.
2. Indian scientists discover sub-Saturn like the planet around a sun-like star:-
- An Indian team of scientists led by Professor Abhijit Chakraborty of Physical Research Laboratory (PRL), Ahmedabad, have discovered a sub-Saturn or super-Neptune size planet around a Sun-like star.
- The planet has a mass of about 27 Earth Mass and size of 6 Earth Radii. It goes around the host star in about 19.5 days.
- The host star is about 600 light years away from the Earth.
PARAS is the first-of-its-kind spectrograph in Asia, which can measure the mass of a planet going around a star.
Very few such spectrographs exist around the world (mostly in the US and in Europe) that can do such precise measurements.
3. President 3-Nation Visit:-
- India and Cuba have signed two MoUs in the field of biotechnology, traditional medicine, and homeopathy. The agreements talks between President Ram Nath Kovind and his Cuban counterpart Miguel Mario Díaz-Canel in Havana.
- Cuba also reiterated its support to India’s candidature for a permanent seat in UN Security Council.
4. India launches its first national healthcare facility registry:-
- The Union ministry of health and family welfare launched the National Health Resource Repository (NHRR), the first-ever registry in the country registry of authentic, standardized and updated geospatial data of all public and private healthcare.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is the project technology partner for providing data security.
- It was launched by Union Health Minister J P Nadda.
5. K Vijay Kumar appointed the advisor to J&K Governer:-
- Retired IPS officer K Vijay Kumar has been appointed as an Advisor to the Governor of Jammu & Kashmir governor. Until recently, he was Security Advisor to the Union Home Minister.
- Besides, IAS officer BB Vyas has been appointed the Chief Secretary of the state.
6. Vishwas Mandalik in Nasik, Yoga Institute in Mumbai receives PM award:-
- For outstanding contribution for promotion and development of yoga, Vishwas Mandalik from Nasik and the Yoga Institute in Mumbai have been selected as the recipients of the prime minister's award.
- The award for 2017 was won by Ramamani Iyengar Memorial Yoga Institute, Pune.
7. RBI revises upwards housing loan limits under priority sector:-
- The housing loan limits for eligibility under priority sector lending will be revised to Rs 35 lakh in metropolitan centres Rs 28 lakh earlier (with population of ten lakh and above), and to Rs 25 lakh from Rs 20 lakh earlier in other centres, provided the overall cost of the dwelling unit in the metropolitan centre and at other centres does not exceed Rs 45 lakh and Rs 30 lakh, respectively.
- The existing limit for family income of Rs 2 lakh per annum for loans to housing projects for home construction economically weaker sections and low-income groups, is revised to Rs 3 lakh per annum and Rs 6 lakh per annum respectively in alignment with the income criteria specified under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
8. Second edition of MSME Pulse report by SIDBI TransUnion CIBIL released:-
- The Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI), a premier financial institution for the promotion, financing and development of the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) sector, in joint venture with TransUnion CIBIL, a Credit Information Company, has released the second edition of MSME Pulse, a quarterly report on MSME sector.
- The total on-balance sheet commercial lending exposure in India stood at Rs.54.2 lakh crores, as of March 2018 with Micro and SME segment constituting Rs.12.6 lakh crores, which contributes to ~23% of commercial credit outstanding.