Current Affairs of 22 November 2018 are as follows:-
1. WhatsApp names Abhijit Bose as India Head:-
- WhatsApp on November 22, 2018, announced the appointment of Abhijit Bose as its India's head.
- This is the first time that the Facebook-owned app has named ahead for the country that accounts for most users across the world.
- It had been drawing flakes from the government to devise ways to trace the origin of fake messages circulated on the platform.
- While a US-based grievance officer has been appointed, WhatsApp has sought to address rumor-mongering on its platform by flagging forwarded messages with an explicit "forwarded" label to clarify when a text had not originated from the sender.
- It also attempted to slow down forwarding in India by limiting the number of contacts to whom a message could be sent - to five at a time.
2. Swami Vigyananda launches Hindu Economic Forum in New Zealand:-
- Hindu Economic Forum New Zealand (HEFNZ) was officially launched by Swami Vigyananand on Sunday, 18 November 2018 in Auckland, with the vision “Grow Together; Share Together”.
- Hardik Desai and Raj Tyagi will be taking the lead in organizing the HEF New Zealand. Swami Vigyananda also announced that the first New Zealand Hindu Economic Conference to be organized by Hindu Economic Forum New Zealand in 2019.
3. President Kovind unveils the statue of Mahatma Gandhi at Parramatta in Sydney:-
- President Ram Nath Kovind on November 22, 201,8 unveiled the statue of Mahatma Gandhi at Parramatta in Sydney, Australia.
- A large number of people from the Indian community were present on the occasion to welcome the Indian President. Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison was also present on this occasion.
- Both the leaders addressed the Indian Diaspora and the Indian President also presented the book Hind Swaraj to the Australian Prime Minister.
4. Jai Ram Thakur to launch different developmental schemes in Palampur:-
- Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur will be visiting Palampur on November 23. During his visit, he will be launching different developmental schemes worth crores of rupees.
- Thakur will first attend a state-level academic conference on free and compulsory education for all and then inaugurate a double-lane bridge at Kalu-De-Hatti on Maul Khad.
- He will also be laying the foundation stone for a drinking water supply scheme in Ghuggar and then attend a function organized at Gurudwara Sahib, Palampur on the occasion of Prakash Utsav of Guru Gobind Singh.
5. Jammu and Kashmir governor dissolved the State Assembly:-
- Jammu and Kashmir Governor Satya Pal Malik dissolved the State Assembly. The dissolution of assembly is because the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and Peoples Conference (PC) separately staked claim to form a government.
- The Governor has passed an order in exercise of the powers conferred upon him by clause (b) of subsection (2) of Section 53 of the Constitution of Jammu and Kashmir to dissolve the Legislative Assembly.
- The sudden decision to form the government came just a day after a senior PDP leader and MP Muzaffar Hussain Baigh publicly supported Mr.Lone and the BJP-backed third front, triggering hectic political parleys among the three parties.
6. The Indian embassy in Nepal, CII to organize exhibition ConMac 2018 in Nepal:-
- The Embassy of India in Nepal and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) are organizing an exhibition of construction equipment and technology-ConMac 2018 in Bhaktapur near Kathmandu from November 22, 2018.
- More than 150 business exhibitors and companies from India will showcase their products and services during the 3-day exhibition.
- With more than 200,000 sq ft of the display area, the exhibition is poised to be Nepal’s largest exhibition of construction equipment. More than 4000 business visitors are expected during the exhibition.
- Nepal's Minister for Physical Infrastructure and Transport Raghubir Mahaseth will inaugurate the event. The Ambassador of India to Nepal, Manjeev Singh Puri will be the Guest of Honour.
- The exhibition aims to further enhance high-level engagement between the construction industries of the two countries.
7. Himachal Pradesh approves Sashakt Mahila Yojana:-
- The main aim is to empower rural women by providing them an interface for organization and socio-economic development. The scheme would link rural women with sustainable livelihood opportunities and improving their skill by imparting training.
8. ICC teams up with Google:-
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) announced its partnership with Google. The partnership is to offer the fans a great viewing experience of the upcoming semifinals and final of the ICC Women’s World T20.
- This partnership includes enabling the casting of video content from the ICC mobile app on cast-enabled devices, like Chromecast and Google Home Hub.
- International Cricket Council (ICC): Motto: Cricket for good ♦ Type: Federation of national associations ♦ Formation: 15 June 1909 ♦ Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates ♦ Membership countries: 104 members ♦ Chairman: Shashank Manohar ♦ CEO: David Richardson ♦ Official languages: English
9. Wasim Jaffer becomes first Indian to touch 11,000-run milestone in Ranji Trophy:-
- Veteran first-class cricketer Wasim Jaffer became the first Indian batsman to touch the 11,000-run figure in the Ranji Trophy.
- The Vidharbha batsman achieved the milestone during the third-round match against Baroda here at the Vidarbha Cricket Association (VCA).
- The cricketer, who had made his first-class debut in 1996-97, emerged as one of the legends of the Indian domestic cricket.
10. The domestic LPG price touched Rs.1,000 in Karnataka:-
- The price of non-subsidised domestic LPG (14.2-kg cylinder) has increased around Rs.1,000 mark in most parts of Karnataka. Besides the base price, with taxes and duties, LPG retail price at a particular city is determined by the distance from the bottling plant.
- LPG requirements in Bidar are catered to by the Belagavi bottling plant. Karnataka has 11 such plants across the State established by three public sector oil marketing companies.
- Some of the places where the prices of the cylinder increased have been mentioned below: Sl.No. Place Current Price of 14.2-kg cylinder Price during the month of April 1 Bidar ₹1,015.5 ₹721 2 Bengaluru ₹941 ₹654 3 Mangaluru ₹921 ₹630 4 Hubballi ₹962 ₹671 5 Belagavi ₹956 ₹666.