Current Affairs of June 21, 2018, are as follows:-
1. 4th International Yoga Day today:-
- Today, 4th International Yoga Day is celebrated across the world.
- On December 11, the United Nations General Assembly declared June 21 as International Day Yoga.
- 800 differently-abled persons from across the country attempted Guinness World Record in Ahmedabad for 'Largest Silent Yoga Class' on International Yoga Day 2018.
- The theme for Yoga Day 2018 is "Yoga for Peace."
2. Sikkim govt appoints A.R. Rahman as its Brand Ambassador:-
- Renowned music composer A.R. Rahman has been appointed as the Brand Ambassador of the Sikkim government.
- He was appointed at the onset of 'The Red Panda Winter Carnival 2018', which aimed at increasing the flow of tourists.
- Earlier in 2018, Sikkim government had made Mr. A.R. Rahman its Brand Ambassador of tourism and business.
3. 7th India Minerals and Metals forum inaugurated in New Delhi:-
- The 7th India Minerals and Metals forum was inaugurated in New Delhi on June 21, 2018.
- The forum seeks to come up with solutions to leverage in the sector with the changing global scenario.
- The deliberations took cognizance on the need to consolidate small players for the strengthening of the overall health of the industry.
4. Surat to receive ‘City Award’ under India Smart Cities Award 2018:-
- Surat smart city has been selected for ‘City Award’ for showing great momentum in the implementation of projects under ‘India Smart Cities Award’ 2018. Overall, nine awards have been announced under the India Smart Cities Awards.
- The city award will be conferred to Surat for showing great momentum in the implementation of projects especially in the categories of urban environment, transport and mobility and sustainable integrated development.
- The awards were launched on June 25, 2017, with an aim to reward cities, projects and innovative ideas, promoting sustainable development in cities.
5. Rajasthan: Record set at State Level yoga celebration in Kota:-
- In Rajasthan, a record has been set at State level yoga function in Kota on June 21, 2018, where around one lakh 60 thousand people performed yoga at one place at the same time on International Yoga Day.
- The function has set a world record for largest number of people performing yoga at one place at the same time.
- Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje and Yoga Guru Baba Ramdev led the people at RAC Ground, where 30 lakh square feet area was prepared for performing yoga.
- Representatives of Guinness World Record handed over the certificate of world record to Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje and Swami Ramdev.
6. NITI Aayog has ranked Rajasthan at No.1 state in water conversation:-
- NITI Aayog has ranked Rajasthan at first place among states in water conversation as it registered a significant increase in the level of groundwater.
- This achievement is due to water conservation structures built under Chief Minister's Jal Swawlamban Abhiyaan programme.
7. US President Donald Trump orders to end separation of immigrant families:-
- US President Donald Trump has signed an executive order to keep together immigrant families who have been detained at the border with Mexico.
- With the decision, Trump reversed his own policy amid heavy pressure from his fellow Republicans, Democrats and the international community, over the separation of undocumented parents and children.
- The order states that most families would be kept together under the Department of Homeland Security, except in cases where an adult may pose a threat to a child. It is not immediately clear when Trump's order would be implemented.
8. Government to launch single solar power bid of One Lakh Megawatt:-
- The government will bring the single solar bid of 1 lakh MW, which would also include storage and solar equipment manufacturing components. The biggest (renewable energy) tender was floated in Spain.
- Indian Government also brought out single tender of 10,000 MW which would be opened in July.
9. Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos became the Richest Person in the World:-
- Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos have become the richest man in the world with a net wealth of USD 141.9 billion, as per the Forbes World's Billionaires list.
- Bill Gates, the principal founder of Microsoft Corporation, is the second-richest man in the world with USD 92.9 billion.
- Warren Buffet ranked third place with a total of the wealth of USD 82.2 billion.
10. 2nd edition of MSME Pulse report by SIDBI-TransUnion CIBIL released:-
- The Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI), a premier financial institution for the promotion, financing and development of the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) sector, in joint venture with TransUnion CIBIL, a Credit Information Company, has released the second edition of MSME Pulse, a quarterly report on MSME sector.
The report provides the policymakers, regulators, and industry with precise data-driven insights to support policy as well as business decisions. The first edition of the report was released in March 2018.