Current Affairs of July 20, 2018, are as follows:-
1. 10th edition of Delhi Dialogue held in New Delhi:-
- The 10th edition of the Delhi Dialogue began in New Delhi.
- The theme of the event was ‘Strengthening India-ASEAN Maritime Co-operation’.
- Political leadership, officials, diplomats, business leaders, think-tanks and academicians from India and the ASEAN Member States participated in Event.
- The ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) is a group of 10 nations headed by the General Secretary Lim Jock Hoi.
2. Repco Micro Finance Ltd received NABARD 2018 award:-
- Repco Micro Finance Ltd got his Award for its service to self-help group (SHG) linkage in Tamil Nadu for the fiscal year 2017-18.
- As of now, this company has disbursed loans amounting to ₹2,500 crore to over 10 lakh beneficiaries through 50,000 SHGs.
3. India’s first 'Two-Wheeler Mode' in Google Maps expands to Asia:-
- The two-wheeler mode in Google Maps that first arrived in India in 2017 has now been extended to Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- To be first available for Android users, the motorcycle-specific navigation will help bikers find the most suitable routes in these countries.
- In December 2017, Google incorporated navigation routes for two-wheelers with Voice Assistant capabilities in its Maps feature in India.
- The new travel mode in Google Maps is seen alongside Drive, Train or Bus and Walk alternatives.
4. Karnataka Bank launched DigiLocker facility:-
- Karnataka Bank launched DigiLocker facility for its customers as part of its digital initiative.
- The facility is being given by integrating the bank’s MoneyClick internet banking channel.DigiLocker is a key initiative to store the digital documents, by National E-Governance Division under Union Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
- The customer can log in to the bank’s internet banking account and click on access.
- DigiLocker where they will be redirected to DigiLocker page where one can access their account.
5. Indian Hockey team beat New Zealand at SAI:-
- The Indian men’s hockey team beat New Zealand by 4-2 in the first-day match of the three-match Test series at the Sports Authority of India (SAI), Bengaluru Campus.
- Among the 4 goals scored by India, 2 goals were scored by Rupinder Pal Singh, who made a comeback into the squad after the 2018 Commonwealth Games, and the other 2 by Mandeep Singh and Harmanpreet Singh.
- On the other hand, New Zealand’s Stephen Jenness scored 2 goals. The second match of the series will be played on Saturday, the 21st June.
6. Myanmar joins International Solar Alliance:-
- Myanmar on July 19, 2018, joined the India-initiated International Solar Alliance (ISA), thus, becoming the 68th signatory to the Framework Agreement of the ISA that aims for optimum utilization of solar energy
- Myanmar Minister for International Cooperation, Kyaw Tin handed over the ISA Framework Agreement to External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj during a bilateral meeting on this year's Delhi Dialogue.
7. India won a silver and two bronze in the Junior Asian Wrestling Championships:-
- India won a silver and two bronze medals in the Junior Asian Wrestling Championships 2018. Divya Kakran won silver in the women’s 68 Kg. Reena in women’s 55 Kg and Karuna in women’s 76 kg won bronze medals.
- Divya Kakran, the only one in the competition who would also be on the flight to Jakarta for the Asian Games, lost 0-11 to Meerim Zhumanazarova of Kyrgyzstan in the final. Sangeeta Phogat lost 5-10 to China’s Juanjuan Shi due to an injury.
8. Chattisgarh launches Abhar Aapki Sewa Ka app for pensioners:-
- Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh announced a Chhattisgarh Online Pension Management System (OPMS).
- It is an E-payment to e-procurement to provide internet to every village has been done.
- It is under e-governance, fulfilling the dream of Digital India plan of India and Digital Chhattisgarh.
- It has launched an app called “Abhar aapki sewa ka”.
- This application, 80,000 pensioners of the state will now get all the information related to pension and payment online.
9. Virat Kohli held the No.1 spot in the ICC ODI player rankings:-
- In the International Cricket Council (ICC) ODI player rankings for batsmen, India skipper Virat Kohli tops the chart by touching a career-high 911 point.
- England Test skipper Joe Root is at the No.2 spot, with 818 rating points.
- Indian Bowler Jasprit Bumrah ranked No:1 in bowling with 775 points. Kuldeep Yadav broke into the top-10 of the bowlers' chart at sixth.
10. Udaipur ranked 3rd among World's 15 Best Cities:-
- The heritage city of Udaipur has been ranked third among a list of 15 best cities in the world by Travel + Leisure. The first two cities on the list are San Miguel de Allende and Oaxaca, both in Mexico.
- Rajasthan's Udaipur city is also known as "City of Lakes" and the "Venice of the East".