Current Affairs of April 18, 2018:-
1.India to Grow At 7.4% In 2018: IMF-
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) in its latest World Economic Outlook (WEO) stated that India is expected to grow at 7.4% in 2018 and 7.8% in 2019 and would re-emerge as one of the fastest growing major economies in the period.
- The International Monetary Fund said that this is due to the strong private consumption as well as fading transitory effects of the currency exchange initiative and implementation of the national goods and services tax.
2.Former US First lady Barbara Bush passes away-
- The Former US first lady Barbara Bush was passed away on April 17, 2018, at the age of 92.She was the wife of former US President George HW Bush and mother of another former President George W Bush.
- President Donald Trump hailed her as an advocate of the American family and he said, amongst her greatest achievements was recognizing the importance of literacy as a fundamental family value that requires nurturing and protection.
3.World Heritage day is celebrated on April 18, 2018-
- On 18th April every year is celebrated Worldwide as World Heritage Day to create awareness about Heritage among communities.
- And this year to celebrate the World Heritage day the theme is ‘Heritage for Generations’.
- In our India, World heritage day will be celebrated at National Rail Museum, New Delhi. There are total 36 world heritage sites in India, as designated by UNESCO.
4.US to restrict movement of Pakistani-
- The United States has notified Pakistan that the diplomats at their embassy in Washington and at consulates in other cities would not be able to travel beyond 40 kilometers of their offices without permission from May 1, 2018.
- Pakistan had already imposed similar restrictions on American diplomats in the country, who were not allowed to visit the tribal belt or Karachi.
5.Bengaluru is noticed as a highest paying city-
- The garden city of Bengaluru is found to be the highest paying city in the country, with an average annual cost to the company for talent across all levels and functions standing at about Rs 11 lakh.
- And Pune stands second at around Rs 10 lakh, followed by Delhi NCR and Mumbai with an average annual Cost to the Company figure of a little under Rs 10 lakh and around Rs 9 lakh.
6.Textile Minister: Smriti Irani Inaugurates Home Expo India 2018-
- Union textiles minister, Smriti Irani, inaugurated the 7th edition of the expo at the India Expo Centre and Mart, Greater Noida. Minister of State for Textiles, Ajay Tamta, was the guest of honor.
7.Kotak Mahindra Bank edges SBI to number 2 spot-
- Kotak Mahindra Bank as India's second private lender Bank has moved ahead of SBI as the country’s second most valuable bank.
- Kotak Mahindra’s market value shot up to Rs. 2,22,970.40 crore on Monday, as opposed to SBI’s value at Rs. 2,22,043.74 crores and its shares climbed 2.22% to an all-time high of Rs. 1,174 each.
8.US embassy advises to the Indian travelers to apply early for a visa-
- US embassy in New Delhi has asked travelers in India to apply early for US visa to avoid potential delays due to high demand for it in the summer season.The embassy also advised to people to be aware of scams and fraud.
- The embassy said that applicants across India may have to wait 30 days or more for a visa interview appointment.
9.France announces 50 Million Euro for Syria-
- France will be decided to contribute 61.9 million dollars toward urgent humanitarian aid for Syria and for their victims.
- The funds that are decided to donate will be allocated to NGOs and U.N. agencies working on the ground in Syria, including the U.N. office for humanitarian affairs.
10.Communications Ministry launches DARPAN-PLI App-
- DARPAN stands for Digital Advancement of Rural Post Office.
- DARPAN app aims to connect all 1.29 lakh Rural Branch Post Offices in the country.
- The DARPAN-PLI app was launched by Minister of Communications Manoj Sinha, under the IT Modernisation Plan.
- DARPAN-PLI app will also help with online updating of the various policies.
- The app will help with the collection of premiums for Postal Life Insurance (PLI) and Rural Postal Life Insurance (RPLI) policies at Branch Post Offices anywhere in India.