Current Affairs of 18&19 November are as follows:-
1. List of Loan Agreements Signed With Asian Development Bank:-
- India and ADB have signed 3 important loan agreements in various fields/projects in New Delhi.
- The signatories to the loan/projects Mr. Sameer Kumar Khare, Additional Secretary (Fund Bank and ADB), Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance; and Mr. Kenichi Yokoyama, Country Director of ADB’s India Resident Mission, who signed for ADB.
- The 3 Loan Agreements Signed between India and ADB ar A $300 million Loan Agreement to support lending by India Infrastructure Finance Company Limited (IIFCL).
- A $169 million loan as the First Tranche of a $500 million multi-tranche financing to develop climate-resilient water supply, sewerage, and drainage infrastructure in at least 10 cities in the State of Tamil Nadu.
2. President Ram Nath Kovind began 6day visit to Vietnam, Australia:-
- On the first leg of his two-nation tour, Kovind visits Vietnam from 18-20 November 2018 on the invitation of Mr. Nguyen Phu Trong, President of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam. In Hanoi, President will address the Indian community and the Vietnam-India Business Forum.
- India and Vietnam have robust trade and economic relations with bilateral trade of US$ 12.8 billion in 2017-18. The President's second leg of the visit will be in Australia from November 21 to 24.
- This is the first visit by an Indian President to Australia. He will unveil a statue of Mahatma Gandhi in Parramatta, a prominent suburb of Sydney, in the state of New South Wales.
3. NGT directed Volkswagen to deposit Rs.100 crore as penalty:-
- The National Green Tribunal (NGT) directed auto major Volkswagen to pay an interim amount of Rs.100 crore with the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) after the allegation was made on the company saying that it used cheat devices in emission tests in its diesel vehicles.
- A bench headed by NGT Chairperson Justice Adarsh Kumar Goel further constituted a committee comprising representatives from the Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change, Ministry of Heavy Industries, Central Pollution Control Board and the Automotive Research Association of India, to estimate the quantum of environmental loss.
4. Commerce Minister releases report on Industrial Park Rating System:-
- The Union Commerce Minister, Suresh Prabhu on November 19, 2018, released a report on Industrial Park Rating System.
- The report was prepared by the Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP) under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- The Ministry has undertaken the exercise of studying infrastructure across states and in 3354 industrial clusters in order to assess the quality of infrastructure in industrial parks, to ensure that India moves into the top 50 countries in Ease of Doing Business.
5. Maharashtra Cabinet passes Maratha Reservation Bill:-
- The state cabinet of Maharashtra on November 18, 2018, passed the Maratha Reservation Bill, approving reservation for the Maratha community.
- The bill is likely to be tabled during the winter session of the state’s legislative assembly.
- The state government made the decision based on the recommendations of the Maharashtra State Backward Class Commission, whose report was submitted to the state’s Chief Secretary DK Jain on November 15.
- The move follows months of massive protests by members of the community demanding reservation in education and jobs.
6. Second Mega Food Park in Maharashtra inaugurated in Aurangabad:-
- Union Minister for Food Processing Industries Harsimrat Kaur Badal inaugurated 2nd Mega Food Park in Maharashtra, in Wahegaon and Dhangaon village in Paithan taluka of Aurangabad district.
- It was launched under Mega Food Park Scheme and is promoted by Paithan Mega Food Park Pvt Ltd. The Pathan Mega Food Park Park has been set up in 102 acres of land at a cost of Rs. 124.52 crore.
- The first park was inaugurated in Satara district in March 2018. Third mega food park has been sanctioned by Union Ministry of Food Processing Industries in Maharashtra in Wardha district.
7. Ustad Amjad Ali Khan presented a lifetime achievement award in Delhi:-
- One of India’s greatest Sarod Master Ustad Amjad Ali Khan was presented “Sumitra Charat Ram Award for Lifetime Achievement” at Kamani Auditorium, New Delhi for his immense contribution to the enrichment and promotion of Indian Classical Music.
- He already received a fellowship of Sangeet Natak Akademi, UNESCO Award, UNICEP National Ambassadorship, Fukuoka cultural Grand price of Japan & ‘Commander of the Order of Arts and Letters’ of France.
8. Cabinet approved extension reservation for Maratha community:-
- The Maharashtra Cabinet approved the decision to extend reservation to the Maratha community. The reservation was extended by creating a new category called Socially and Educationally Backward Class.
- The category creation was based on the recommendations of the State Backward Class Commission.
- The announcement was made by the Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis during the eve of the winter session of the State legislature.
9. Lakshya Sen bagged bronze BWF World junior badminton championship:-
- India’s Lakshya Sen won a bronze medal in the BWF World junior badminton championship at Markham, Canada. He was defeated by Thailand's Vitidsarn.
- Lakshya Sen, the 17-year-old from Almora, fought hard before going down 22-20, 16-21, 13-21 in a match that went on for an hour and 11 minutes. Earlier this year he clinched the Asian Junior title.
10. Dr. Saroj Suman Gulati conferred with Global Education Leaders Award 2018:-
- He is the Director of Blue Bells Group of Schools. She was awarded in recognition of her remarkable contribution to ‘K-12 education and promotion of Art and Culture’.
- The award was conferred by His Highness Nahyan Bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, member of the Cabinet and Minister of State for Tolerance, United Arab Emirates. Mr. Ashish Gulati, Vice-chairman, Blue Bells Group of Schools, received the award on her behalf.
- She was among the 9 Indian educationists who were awarded the Global Education Leaders Award. Other award winners are: The globalization of Indian Education – Dr. Atul Chauhan Exemplary Contribution to the Growth & Development of Indian K-12 Education – MME. Grace Pinto Exemplary Contribution to Higher Education & Women’s Empowerment – Dr. M.K. Madan Exemplary Contribution to Research, Innovation & Institution Building in Higher Education – Prof. (Dr.) C. Raj Kumar Sustained Advocacy of Human Capital Development – Dilip Thakore.
- Shaping the Dreams of Millions of Medical & Engineering Aspirants – J.C. Chaudhry Exemplary Contribution to the Growth & Development of K12 to Higher Education in Eastern India – Prof. Samit Ray.
11. World Toilet Day is observed on 19 November:-
- The World Toilet Day is organized around the world on 19th of November. The day is about inspiring action to tackle the global sanitation crisis. The theme for WTD 2018 is ‘When Nature Calls’.
12. Sixth Indian Social Work Congress held in New Delhi:-
- Dr. Martha Farrell posthumously honored with Lifetime Achievement Award during this edition of Congress for her lifelong work towards gender equality, women’s empowerment and prevention of sexual harassment at workplace.
- It was jointly organized by the National Association of Professional Social Workers in India (NAPSWI) and Department of Social Work (Delhi School of Social Work), University of Delhi.
- The theme of 6th Congress 2018 is “Human Development and Social Inclusion: Imperatives for Social Work Education and Practice”.