Current Affairs of 14 August 2018 are following as:-
1. Virat Kohli ranked top in the list of the highest run scorer in International Cricket 2018:-
- Indian skipper Virat Kohli claimed the top spot in the list of highest run scorers in International Cricket 2018. Jonny Bairstow, the England wicket-keeper batsman, stepped down to the second spot.
- Virat Kohli has scored 509 runs in Test cricket, 146 in T20Is and 749 in ODs. The total sum of the runs tallies up to 1404 runs in 25 innings. Shikhar Dhawan is the second Indian in the list with 1055 runs.
2. President's Police medals for distinguished services announced:-
- 942 personnel have been awarded Police Medals on the occasion of the Independence Day this year.
- President’s Police Medal for Gallantry has been awarded to two personnel.
- Police Medal for Gallantry has been awarded to 177 personnel.
- President’s Police Medal for Distinguished Service to 88 personnel and Police Medal for Meritorious Service have been given to 675 personnel.
- Both the President's Police Medal for Gallantry has been awarded posthumously to CRPF Head Constable Mohd Tafail and CRPF Constable Sharief Ud Din Ganaie.
3. Shaheed Saman Diwas to be observed in Madhya Pradesh:-
- The Shaheed Saman Diwas will be observed in all districts of Madhya Pradesh on August 14, 2018. The day aims to honour the families of martyrs belonging to Madhya Pradesh, who sacrificed their lives while discharging duty at the time of war, military action, internal security, Naxalite and terrorism-related activities.
- The schools and government buildings located in the native village of a martyr, where he was born or his family is residing currently, will be named after him.
4. Union Minister Nitin Gadkari launches road safety awareness video:-
- Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari launched road safety awareness video with Brand ambassador of road safety campaign actor Akshay Kumar in New Delhi.
- The priority of the Government is to reduce road accidents.
- The Ministry has written to Home Ministry to consider the good Samaritans in road accidents also for getting National Bravery Awards.
- Mr. Gadkari expressed confidence that through the special videos the awareness about road safety will increase.
5. Tomorrow India is going to celebrate 72nd Independence Day:-
- On the 15th of August in 1947, India got freedom from the British rule after long years of slavery.
- President of India gives a speech every year in order to 'Address to the Nation' on the evening of a day before the Independence Day.\On 15th August, the Prime Minister of India hoists the Indian flag on the Red Fort, Delhi.
- After the flag hoisting, National Anthem song is sung and twenty-one gunshots are fired to salute and honor the Indian flag and solemn occasion.
6. IT Minister released Digital North East Vision 2022 In Guwahati:-
- The document 'Digital North East Vision 2022' emphasizes on digital technologies to transform the lives of people of the northeast and enhance the ease of living.
- Our Union Minister for Electronics & Information Technology Ravi Shankar Prasad released the document.
- The Document identifies eight digital thrust areas - Digital Infrastructure, Digital services, Digital empowerment, Promotion of Electronics Manufacturing, Promotion of IT and ITES including BPOs, Digital Payments, Innovation & Startups, and Cybersecurity.
7. Exim Bank signed MoU with BRICS Development Banks:-
- The MoU signed by Exim Bank Managing Director David Rasquinha. The main objective is to strengthen the cooperation under the BRICS Interbank Cooperation Mechanism.
- The signatories agreed to constitute a joint research working group which will formulate the research agenda and targeted outcome.
8. Ministry of AYUSH introduced Central Sector scheme for promoting Pharmacovigilance of AYUSH Drugs:-
- Ministry of AYUSH has introduced new Central Sector scheme for promoting pharmacovigilance of Ayurveda, Siddha, Unani and Homoeopathy (ASU&H) Drugs.
- A prime objective of the scheme is to develop the culture of documenting adverse effects and undertake safety monitoring of Ayurveda, Siddha, Unani and Homoeopathy drugs.
- The scheme intends to facilitate the establishment of the three-tier network of National Pharmacovigilance Centre (NPvCC), Intermediary Pharmacovigilance Centres (IPvCCs) and Peripheral Pharmacovigilance Centres (PPvCC).
- All India Institute of Ayurveda, New Delhi, an autonomous body under the Ministry of AYUSH, has been designated as National Pharmacovigilance Centre for coordinating various activities of the initiative.