Current Affairs June 12, 2018, are as follows:-
1. World Day against Child Labour 2018 observed globally:-
- The World Day against Child Labour was observed across the world on June 12, 2018, with an aim to raise awareness against child labor.
- The theme of World Day against Child Labour 2018 was ‘Generation Safe & Healthy’. There are 541 million young workers (15-24 years old) globally.
- They account for more than 15 percent of the world’s labor force and suffer up to a 40 percent higher rate of non-fatal occupational injuries.
- Over 73 million children are in hazardous work and almost half of the 152 million children aged 5 to 17 are still into child labor.
2. Indias first national police museum to come up in New Delhi:-
- The Union Government decided to establish India’s first national police museum in Lutyens' Delhi.
- The unique museum, depicting the history, artifacts, uniforms and gear of central and state police forces, will come up as an underground facility in the premises of the national police memorial in Chanakyapuri area of the national capital.
- The museum is expected to be inaugurated on the occasion of Police Commemoration Day, by either Prime Minister Narendra Modi or Home Minister Rajnath Singh.
- The central armed police forces (CAPFs), the central police organizations and the state police forces have been asked to collect their historical documents, items, police-related gazette notifications and unique weapons and uniforms so that it can be displayed at the museum.
3. Mauritius to host 11th World Hindi Conference:-
- The 11th World Hindi Conference will be held in Mauritius from August 18 to August 20, 2018, with an aim to increase the popularity of Hindi globally.
- The Union External Affairs Ministry has already undertaken the work on the international meet.
- The World Hindi Secretariat (WHS) will be the organizing authority of the event.
4. Gujarat tops e-way bill collection:-
- Despite industries such as textiles and ceramics, among others facing teething problems, Gujarat has emerged as the leading state in generating e-way bills during April, May and the first week of June.
- The state has generated over 10.72 million inter- and intra-state e-way bills, followed by Maharashtra (8.13 million), Karnataka (8.05 million), Uttar Pradesh (7.64 million) and Haryana (7.63 million), respectively.
- Rolled out on April 1, the e-way bill system under the new Goods and Services Tax (GST) regime requires businesses and transporters moving goods worth more than Rs 50,000 from one state to another to generate and produce an e-way bill.
5. Trump-Kim Summit: Historic document signed:-
- In a historic first, delegation level talks between US President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un began in Singapore on June 12, 2018.
The world’s two of the most powerful leaders held a brief one-on-one meeting at the Capella Hotel in Sentosa Island before beginning with their delegation level talks.
Speaking after the one-on-one meet, US president Trump said that both the nations have a terrific relationship ahead and this historic summit would be successful.
6. Vladimir Putin highest state honor of China:-
- Chinese President Xi Jinping presented China’s first friendship medal to Russian President Vladimir Putin, at a special event held at the Great Hall of People, China. his Friendship medal has been claimed to be the highest state honor of China.
- Xi Jinping praised Vladimir Putin’s contributions to building a peaceful world.
7. Haryana to develop Madhogarh Fort:-
- Haryana Minister Ram Bilas Sharma has said the Madhogarh Fort in Mahendragarh would be developed on the pattern of the Mughal Gardens in Pinjore.
- Sharma added that with the completion of the Madhogarh-Mahendragarh-Narnaul-Rewari Heritage Circuit, the pace of development would be accelerated in southern Haryana.
- This circuit would not only benefit Mahendragarh and Rewari districts, but also the neighboring districts of Bhiwani and Gurugram, by creating direct and indirect job opportunities for the youth especially.
8. Chandra Babu Naidu inaugurates diaphragm wall pylon of Polavaram project:-
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Nara Chandra Babu Naidu inaugurated the diaphragm wall pylon at the multipurpose irrigation project Polavaram.
- Addressing the small gathering here, Naidu assured that the mega irrigation venture will be completed by December 2019.
- Expressing satisfaction over the progress of construction, the Chief Minister said that near about 55 percent work has been completed.
- Taking a pot-shot at Central government Babu claimed that Rs 1000 crore has not been released by the BJP government. The TDP Chief also slammed YCR Congress party for stalling the ongoing project.