Current Affairs of 11 September 2018 following:-
1. India Joins Elite Group of Countries Capable Of Air-to-Air Fuel Transfer:-
- The first ever mid-air refuelling of the indigenously developed light combat aircraft Tejas was successfully carried out, placing India in an elite group of countries having air-to-air refuelling capacity for military planes.
The mid-air re-fuelling of wet contact trial for Light Combat Aircraft, LCA Tejas MK-1 was successfully carried out from an Indian Air Force base. The Air-to-Air refuelling capability for Tejas is a force multiplier for the Indian Air Force, giving the aircraft the potential to stay airborne for much longer periods of time.
2. India, Bangladesh Jointly Inaugurate 3 Projects:-
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi, his Bangladesh counterpart Sheikh Hasina, and Chief Ministers of West Bengal Mamata Banerjee and Tripura Biplab Kumar Deb jointly inaugurated three projects in Bangladesh via video conferencing.
- Akhaura-Agartala rail project is about 12 km long of which 5.5 km would be laid in India while 6.5 km would be in Bangladesh. The total cost of the project would be about 960 crore rupees.
3. 1st Regional Workshop On RERA Inaugurated by Hardeep Puri in Pune:-
- Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Housing and Urban Affairs, Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurated the first regional workshop on RERA (Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act) in Pune.
- Mr Puri delivered the inaugural address at the “First Regional Workshop on RERA – a New Era of Transparency and Accountability in Real Estate – 2 years of implementation and way forward (Western Region)” in Pune.
4. Centre Sets Up Panel Of Secretaries To Look Into e-commerce Issues:-
- With concerns being raised on some proposals of the draft e-commerce policy, the government has set up a group of secretaries to look into the issues. The group will be chaired by the secretary in the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP).
- The other members of the group include secretaries of the ministry of electronics and information technology and department of commerce.
5. NRTI, India's 1st Railway Varsity Starts Operations In Vadodara:-
- The first of its kind university in the country in the transport sector, the National Rail and Transportation Institute (NRTI), started operations. Currently, it is functioning out of the National Academy of Indian Railways, Vadodara.
- Funded by the ministry of railways, with University of California, Berkeley and Cornell University as its international partners, the university started with two undergraduate courses - BSc Transportation Technology and BBA Transportation Management- with 50 students each.
6. 1st Edition of BIMSTEC Military Exercise MILEX-18 Inaugurated in Pune:-
- BIMSTEC Military Exercise (MILEX-18), the first edition of Military Field Training Exercise for the Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) nations, started at Aundh in Pune.
- The aim of MILEX-18 is to practice the BIMSTEC Nations in planning and conduct of counter-terrorist operations. Participating countries are Armies of India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Myanmar and Thailand. Nepal is not taking part in MILEX-18.
7. IPPB Ties Up With FSS To Create Payments Network For Unorganized Retail:-
- In a move aimed at creating a payments acceptance network for unorganized retail including small merchants and Kirana stores where consumers can make payments, India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) has partnered with Financial Software and Systems (FSS).
- SS a payments technology company to ensure that micro-merchants are able to accept payments over any channel – online, unified payments interface (UPI), quick-response (QR) codes, Aadhaar and IPPB accounts.
8. Justice Om Prakash Mishra Sworn In As new Chief Justice Of Nepal:-
- Justice Om Prakash Mishra has been sworn in as new Chief Justice of Nepal. The President Bidya Devi Bhandari administered the oath of office and secrecy to Justice Mishra in Kathmandu.
- Parliamentary Hearing Committee (PHC) unanimously endorsed his name for Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. Justice Mishra was appointed as a justice of the Supreme Court in 2014.
9. India-Mongolia Joint Exercise 'Nomadic Elephant 2018' Starts in Mongolia:-
- The 12 days long Indo-Mongolia joint exercise Nomadic Elephant-2018, commenced at Mongolian Armed Forces (MAF) Five Hills Training Area, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia with a brief opening ceremony.
- Exercise Nomadic Elephant is an annual, bilateral exercise since 2006 which is designed to strengthen the partnership between the Indian Army and Mongolian Armed Forces.
10. Health Ministry Implements HIV AIDS Act 2017:-
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has announced the implementation of the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) (Prevention and Control) Act, 2017. According to the law, every HIV infected or affected person below the age of 18 has the right to live in a shared household and enjoy its facilities.
- The act criminalises any kind of discrimination against people suffering from AIDS in terms of treatment, employment and workplace. Those violating the act could be jailed for up to two years or fined up to Rs1 lakh or both.