Current Affairs of June 11, 2018, are as follows:-
1. 1st Indian-made artillery gun Dhanush clears a final test:-
- India’s first indigenous artillery gun ‘Dhanush’ cleared its final test and is ready to be inducted into the Indian Army.
- Earlier this month, fifty rounds of shells each were fired from six Dhanush guns. These guns are reportedly called ‘desi Bofors’.
2. Forty Four G7 Summit Was Held In Canada:-
- The 44th G7 summit was held on June 8–9, 2018, in Quebec, Canada.
- This was the sixth time since 1981 that Canada has hosted the meetings.
- The 44th G7 summit was the first summit for Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte.
- Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau hosted this summit. The 45th G7 summit or next G7 summit will be held in 2019 in France.
3. India Beat Kenya To Lift Intercontinental Cup Football Title:-
- India lifted the Intercontinental Cup football title. In the summit clash in Mumbai, they defeated Kenya 2-nil. Both the goals were netted by skipper Sunil Chhetri.
- He gave India the lead in the eighth minute before scoring the second goal in the 29th minute.
- Sunil Chhetri becomes the joint second highest international goal scorer among active players along with Argentine superstar Lionel Messi with his 64th strike for the country against Kenya.
4. Virat Kohli To Get Cricketer Of The Year Award At BCCI Annual Gala:-
- India captain Virat Kohli's phenomenal batting form has fetched him the BCCI's best cricketer award for two seasons, while World Cup stars Harmanpreet Kaur and Smriti Mandhana were chosen for the women's equivalent of the honor, the Board announced.
- Following his phenomenal show in the past two seasons, Team India captain Virat Kohli will be presented with the prestigious Polly Umrigar Award for the best international cricketer (2016-17 and 2017-18) at the BCCI Awards to be held in Bengaluru on 12th June 2018.
5. UNSC elects 5 non-permanent members for the two-year term:-
- The United Nations General Assembly voted to elect Germany, Belgium, South Africa, the Dominican Republic and Indonesia for a two-year term in the Security Council with effect from January 1, 2019.
- The council makes legally binding decisions and has the power to impose sanctions and authorize the use of force. The General Assembly elects five new members every year.
6. Sunil Mehta Committee to set up Asset Reconstruction Company:-
- Finance Minister Piyush Goyal announced setting up of a committee to give recommendations on formation of an Asset Reconstruction Company.
- The committee will give recommendations in two weeks for faster resolution of stressed accounts.
- The committee was formed under Chairmanship of Sunil Mehta, non-executive chairman of Punjab National Bank.
7. Sharad Kumar appointed as Vigilance Commissioner In CVC:-
- Former NIA chief Sharad Kumar appointed vigilance commissioner in the probity watchdog CVC.
- The 62-year-old Kumar, a 1979-batch IPS officer of the Haryana cadre, retired in September last year after heading the National Investigation Agency, an anti-terror probe organization, for over four years.
- Kumar has been appointed vigilance commissioner in the Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) for a term of four years or till he attains the age of 65.
8. Business First Portal launched to ease out business in Punjab:-
- In a major step to give a big push towards the ease of doing business in the state, the Punjab government launched a "Business First Portal".
- After launching a "Business First Portal", Punjab Industry Minister Sunder Sham Arora while addressing the industrialists said that online Portal would facilitate the industrialists for Regulatory Clearances and Fiscal Approvals, real-time tracking of applications at a common platform.
- The visionary and dynamic leadership of chief minister Captain Amarinder Singh the Punjab government has decided to accelerate economic growth by providing liberal incentives to the entrepreneurs under new Industrial Policy, which would be implemented soon.
- Minister Arora also said that the governments have taken path breaking initiatives like District level approvals for a micro-industry by the committee under deputy commissioner up to Rs. 10 crores.