Current Affairs of July 11, 2018, are as follows:-
1. International Conference on 'Data for New India' held in New Delhi:-
- The Round Table Conference was inaugurated by D.V. Sadananda Gowda (Union Minister of Statistics & Programme) and was organized by Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation (MoSPI).
- To discover innovative ideas for improving the statistical system in India, taking the cue from the best practices followed in advanced countries like Canada, UK, and Australia.
2. Kolkata Police launches all-women patrolling team:-
- Aiming to combat and prevent crimes like molestation, eve-teasing and make public places safer for women, the Kolkata Police on July 11, 201,8 launched a special all-women patrolling team called "The Winners".
- The primary job of these lady officers will be to assist their male counterpart in helping women having complaints of molestation or eve-teasing occurred on city streets.
- Moving around on their blue-white or pink-black scooters, they will also be of help in pulling up women accused of breaking traffic rules.
3. M. Venkaiah Naidu becomes 1st Chairman of Rajya Sabha:-
- Rajya Sabha has, for the first time in 76 years since it came into being, entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with a foreign counterpart for promoting inter-parliamentary dialogue.
- Venkaiah Naidu has become the first Chairman of Rajya Sabha to sign such an agreement when he inked an MOU with the visiting President of the Senate of the Republic of Rwanda, Bernard Makuza.
4. Goa cabinet approves IT Policy 2018:-
- The Goa Cabinet on July 11, 2018, approved Information Technology policy 2018 which focuses on reverse migration and creation of around 10,000 jobs in the next five years.
- The IT policy would be formally unveiled by Union minister Ravi Shankar Prasad here on July 15.
- The Cabinet meeting presided over by Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar, approved the IT policy which has provisions for growth and development of Goa, its human capital and to foster the growth of smaller businesses.
- The policy aims at "reverse migration" of manpower in Goa and on the generation of 8,000-10,000 job opportunities at different levels during the next five years.
5. World Population Day celebrated on 11th July:-
- Every year, July 11, is celebrated as World Population Day, to raise awareness about global population-related issues. The theme for 2018 World Population Day is 'Family Planning is a Human Right'.
- This day was celebrated for the first time in the year 1989.
- According to the United Nations World Population Day webpage, this year marks the 50th anniversary of the 1968 International Conference on Human Rights, where family planning was, for the first time, globally affirmed to be a human right.
6. Rajasthan government signed MoU with Microsoft:-
- Rajasthan government signed a MoU with Microsoft to provide digital training to 9,500 students of government colleges. It will also train 500 faculty members.
- The initiative is to enhance the youths’ employability and empower them with technical education and to improve the standards of digital literacy in Rajasthan.
7. AP, Telangana & Haryana top rankers:-
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, released the final rankings of States in Ease of Doing Business in New Delhi.
- The top rankers are Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Haryana. Jharkhand and Gujarat stood fourth and fifth respectively.
8. World Cities Summit 2018 held in Singapore:-
- The 6th edition of biennial 'World Cities Summit' was held in Singapore from July 8 to 12, 2018, with the theme of "Liveable & Sustainable Cities: Embracing the Future through Innovation and Collaboration".
- The summit will be held together with the Singapore International Water Week and the CleanEnviro Summit Singapore.
9. Seven new wasp species discovered in the Amazon forests:-
- From Peru, Venezuela and Colombia in the Amazon forests, 7 new wasp species of the genus Clistopyga were discovered.
- The new wasp species are: Clistopyga crassicaudata, Clistopyga kalima, Clistopyga panchei, Clistopyga taironae, Clistopyga nigriventri, Clistopyga splendida, and Clistopyga isayae.
10. France become first finalists of 2018 FIFA World Cup:-
- France defeated Belgium to reach the FIFA World Cup 2018 final for overall third time and the first time since 2006.
- Samuel Umtiti’s goal in the 51st minute lifted France to the Final match. France will face either England or Croatia at Moscow's Luzhniki Stadium.