Skip to main content
1. India to host 16th IEF-16-
- The 16th International Energy Forum Ministerial meeting will be hosted by India in New Delhi and to be co-hosted by the Government of China and South Korea. Global energy organizations, including the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, International Energy Agency, will also be represented at the meet.
2. India, Swaziland Sign Two Agreements on Health, Visa Waiver
- India and Swaziland signed two agreements in the field of Health and Medicine and Visa department. In the event Indian President Ramnath Kovind was also conferred highest civilian honour of Swaziland.
3. 21st Commonwealth Games 2018-
- Shooter Shreyasi Singh Won 12th Gold in women's double trap.
- Om Mitharval Won Bronze in the men's 50m air pistol event.
4. Vice President Venkaiah Naidu To Inaugurate Scientific Convention On World Homoeopathy Day(10 april)-
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu inaugurates a scientific convention on the World Homoeopathy Day in New Delhi which is observed to commemorate the birth anniversary of Homoeopathy founder Dr Christian Friedrich Samuel Hahnemann.
5. Govt. bans imports of hormone oxytocin-
- The Union government has banned imports of oxytocin to stop its misuse in the livestock industry, where activists say it causes hormonal imbalances and shortens the lives of milch animals.
6. Ban Ki-Moon to Head the Boao Forum For Asia-
- Former UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has been elected as the new chairman of the Boao Forum for Asia. He replaces former Japanese prime minister Yasuo Fukuda.
7. India Signs MoU with World EXPO 2020 Dubai-
- India and World Expo 2020 signed participant contract for India’s pavilion in the prestigious World Expo 2020 held once in 5 years.
- The contract provides for the setting up of India pavilion at Expo 2020 on an extra large plot (about one acre) in the ‘Opportunity’ segment.
8. Transgender to be Recognized as a Independent Gender Category in PAN -
- The government amended Income Tax rules that will now allow transgender to be recognized as an independent category of applicants for obtaining a Permanent Account Number (PAN) for their tax-related transactions. The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), which frames the policy for the department, issued a notification that provides a new tick box for the transgender to apply for the PAN.
9. Indian Army Inks Pact for Procurement of 1.86 Lakh Bulletproof Jackets-
- A major contract for the procurement of 1.86 lakh bulletproof jackets has been signed after the successful conduct of field evaluation trials which has contemporary and state-of-the-art specifications with added protection level and coverage area.
10. Ankita Raina Becomes 3rd Indian Woman to Break Top-200 Barrier-
- Ankita Raina became the 3rd Indian woman tennis player to breach the top-200 rankings in singles. She reaches to a career-best 197 in the WTA chart.
11. Conference on Water Environment and Climate Change Begins In Nepal-
- A 3-day international conference on ‘Water, Environment and Climate Change: Knowledge Sharing and Partnership,’ is set to begin in Nepal. Objective of this conference is to highlight the impact of climate change in various sectors, and explore ways to mitigate them.
12. Wipro's Rishad Premji appointed NASSCOM chairman-
- Rishad Premji, Board member of Wipro Ltd. has been appointed as the Chairman of the National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) for FY 2018-19. He will succeed Raman Roy, who served as Chairman of NASSCOM for the FY 2017-18.