Skip to main content
1. India at XXI Commonwealth Games-
- Indian shooter Heena Sidhu Wins Gold In 25m Pistol Event after defeating defending champions Malaysia by 3-1 in the final at Gold Coast. This is Sidhu's second medal at CWG 2018, after winning silver in women's 10m air pistol.
- Indian mixed Badminton team Win Badminton Team Gold For first time In CWG History.
- Indian Men's Table Tennis Team Wins Gold after defeating Nigeria.
- Singles star Manika Batra won two matches as India's women's table tennis team upset favourites Singapore to clinch its maiden Gold medal at the 21st Commonwealth Games at Gold Coast on Sunday.
2. India visit further strengthened friendly relations between both countries: Nepal PM
- Prime Minister of Nepal K. P. Sharma Oli has said that his India visit has further strengthened friendly relations between both the countries. Talking to media persons at Tribhuvan international airport in Kathmandu after returning from 3 day visit to India on Sunday, Oli said that discussion with Indian leaders was cordial and positive.
- The two countries also agreed to develop inland waterways and construct a rail line from Raxaul in India to Kathmandu in Nepal.
3. India and Equatorial Guinea sign four agreements
- India and Equatorial Guinea signed four agreements including in the field of health. The agreements were signed following delegation level talks. President Kovind had one on one talks with his Equatorial Guinea counterpart. India will assist Equatorial Guinea in agriculture, mining, health,telecommunications and IT.
4. UAE, Malaysia conclude joint military exercise
- The United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Malaysia concluded "Desert Tiger 5" joint military exercise aimed at sharing expertise and enhancing joint military actions.
- The drill was also aimed at raising the level of performance and combat efficiency and working together based on a strategy to improve the overall ability and combat readiness of the ground forces.
5. TN govt. launches mobile app for farmers
- In a bid to use technology for farmers’ benefit, the Tamil Nadu Government has come out with a mobile application that will allow ryots to have access to nine types of services, including details about their crop insurance.
- TN Chief Minister K Palaniswami launched the bi-lingual ‘Uzhavan’ (farmer) app.
- This app can be used by farmers to get information on farm subsidies, book farm equipment and related infrastructure and get details on their crop insurance, besides receiving weather forecast for the next four days.
6. “Ganga Hariteema Yojana” launched in 27 districts of Uttar Pradesh-
- The UP Government launched the Ganga Hariteema Yojana, also known as Ganga Greenery scheme in the 27 districts of Uttar Pradesh that are located in the bank of river Ganga.
- CM Yogi Adityanath launched the scheme at Allahabad in a function organised on the bank of Sangam, the confluence of rivers of Ganga, Yamuna and mythical Saraswati.
- Under this scheme, the plantation will be carried out in one-kilometer area from the banks of river.
7. ‘Assam's Spring Festival’ begins in Manas National Park-
- The two-day Assam Spring Festival began at the Manas National Park where visitors will get to experience the state's local food, music, handloom and handicrafts.
8. RBI switches back to GDP scale to measure economy-
- RBI switched back to the gross domestic product (GDP) based measure to offer its growth estimates from the gross value added (GVA) methodology, citing global best practices. The government had started analyzing growth estimates using gross value added (GVA) methodology from January 2015 and had also changed the base year to 2018 from January.
9. Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan Launches ‘PMUY Scheme’ In Delhi-
- Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan launched Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) scheme in Delhi and distributed new LPG connections and cylinders to beneficiaries.
- The target of Ujjwala connections has been increased from the existing target of 5 crore to 8 crore by the year 2020.
10. India and Equatorial Guinea Sign Four MoUs-
- In the presence of Indian President Ram Nath Kovind and his Guinea counterpart, Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo signed four Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) towards affirming cooperation in the fields of medicinal plants, traditional systems of medicine, and health and medicine sector.
11. UAE provides $200m to Lebanese Army, security forces-
- To contribute to the stability and welfare of Lebanon and its people the UAE has announced financial support of $200 million to the Lebanese armed and the security forces to contribute to the stability and welfare of the country.
12. 8th Theatre Olympics concludes in Mumbai-
- The 8th edition of Theatre Olympics concluded in Mumbai, Maharashtra after 51 days across 17 cities of India and showcasing the rich heritage and culture across the country. It was inaugurated by Vice President Venkaiah Naidu in February 2018.
13. Anushka Sharma to get Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Award-
- Bollywood actress Anushka Sharma will be awarded ‘Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Award’ for her successful movies as a producer. The award will be given by an organization called Dadasaheb Phalke Foundation, a Mumbai-based organization. This Award is India’s highest cinematic honor.