Current Affairs of 08 September 2018 following:-
1. SBI appointed Anshula Kant as Managing Director:-
- State Bank of India (SBI) has appointed Anshula Kant as managing director of the bank. He has been appointed for this post for two years.
- Prior to this appointment, Kant was the Deputy Managing Director of the Bank. With this appointment, there are now four MDs in SBI- PK Gupta, DK Khara and Arjit Basu.
2. Book on Experiential Learning Gandhi's Nai Talim launched:-
- The book was released by Union Minister of Human Resource Development Prakash Javadekar, on the occasion of National Teachers’ Day.
- The book was launched in 13 languages: Assamese, Tamil, Bengali, Odia, Kannada, Malayalam, Punjabi, Marathi, Telugu, Gujarati, Urdu, Hindi and English.
- The book was Developed by Universities in the state, state SCERT (State Council of Educational Research and Training) and Mahatma Gandhi National Council of Rural Education (MGNCRE).
3. Three-day World Hindu Congress initiates in Chicago:-
- The three-day World Hindu Congress has started in Chicago, United States. More than 2000 representatives from around the world are participating in this mega event.
- The topic of ' Vishwa Hindu Congress ' is 'collectively, achieve valiantly'. 5. A presidential visit to 3 countries: the Indo-Czech Republic signed 5 agreements
- The five agreements are as follows:
1. Cooperation between Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, India and the Czech Academy of Sciences,
2. Visa Discounts Agreement for Diplomatic Passport Holders,
3. An action plan to support Indo-Czech projects in different areas of science and technology with the Department of Science and Technology from the Indian side.
4. Collaboration in laser technology between the ELI Beamline and the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
5. Collaboration between Haryana Agricultural University and Czech University of Life Sciences.
4. ISSF World Championship: Heart Hazarika won the gold medal at the 10-meter air rifle junior event:-
Indian shooter Hriday Hazarika won a gold medal in men's 10-meter air rifle junior event of ISSF World Championship in South Korea.
Hazarika, the only Indian to qualify for the final, scored 627.3 and in the final, Mohammed Aamir Neuman of Iran scored 250.1.
The Indian team, including Hazarika, Diwansh Pawar and Arjun Babuta, finished fourth with 1872.3 points overall. The women's 10-meter air rifle team of Elavil Valarion, Shreya Agarwal and Mani Kaushik performed well while winning gold with 1880.7 and world record.
5. Centre selected 3 govt schools in Haryana for 'Swachh VidyalaPuraskar':-
- Aarohi Model Senior Secondary School (AMSSS), Bhiwani Rohilla, Hisar,
- AMSSS, Ramgarh Pandwa, Kaithal,
- Government Primary School, Kirmara, Hisar.
6. Former Reserve Bank of India Governor Bimal Jalan was appointed the head of the panel to select CEA:-
The Central Government has appointed former Governor of the Reserve Bank of India Bimal Jalan as head of the panel, this panel has the responsibility of selecting India's next Chief Economic Advisor (CEA).
The panel will screen applications received and conduct interviews. This decision has been taken two months after the application seeking application for this post after resigning from the post of CEA Arvind Subramanyam.
7. Bengaluru will host Aero India to be held in February 2019: Ministry of Defense:-
The Ministry of Defense has announced that the next edition of Aero India will be held in Bengaluru, Karnataka from February 20 to 24, 2019. This five-day program will connect a major trade exhibition for aerospace and defence industries with public air programs.
In addition to global leaders and big investors in the aerospace industry, partnership tanks from around the world will also be seen. In Bangalore, the Yelahanka Air Force Station has so far hosted all 11 versions of Aero India and has emerged as a major air program in Asia.
8.International Literacy Day:-
- International Literacy Day is celebrated annually on 8th September every year, this opportunity is for governments, civil society and stakeholders to highlight the improvement in the world literacy rate and reflect on the remaining literacy challenges of the world.
- The theme for this year is 'Literacy and skills development.'
9. Luca Modric won the UEFA Men's Player of the Year 2017/18 title:-
- Real Madrid midfielder Luca Modric was named UEFA Player of the Year 2017/18. Modric left on August 20 for the title of former president Madrid Cristiano Ronaldo and Liverpool's Mohamed Advice, who were included in the three shortlists announced on August 20.
- During the UEFA Champions League Group stage draw, Croatian International was given a trophy on Monaco's stage. He was also named the season's UEFA Champions League Midfielder.
10. After winning Asiad Gold, Saurabh breaks own shooting world record:-
- Sixteen-year-old shooter Saurabh Chaudhary, who recently bagged gold at Asian Games 2018, broke his own junior world record to win the10m Air Pistol Junior Men event at the ISSF World Championship.
- He shot a total score of 245.5 to better his previous junior world record score of 243.7 which he had set in June this year.