1.Gram Swaraj Abhiyan on Ambedkar Jayanti announced by the prime minister-
- The Prime Minister has announced on the occasion of the Ambedkar Jayanti a “Gram Swaraj Abhiyan” would be organised starting from 14th April to 5th May, 2018.
- This movement is being undertaken for reaching out to poor households, spreading awareness about government welfare schemes and other people centric initiatives.
2.Sebastian Vettel won Bahrain Grand Prix-
- Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel won his second Grand Prix at the Bahrain Grand Prix.
3.Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Launched In New Delhi
- Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan launched Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) scheme in Delhi and distributed new LPG connections and cylinders to beneficiaries. The target under this scheme has been increased from the existing 5 crore connections to 8 crore connections by 2020.
4.‘Gobardhan Yojna' to be launched from Karnal on Apr 30-
- A central government scheme Gobardhan Yojna for managing and converting cattle dung and solid waste into manure and biogas, will be launched nationally from Haryana's Karnal district on April 30.
5.India's Foreign Exchange Reserves Hit A Life-Time High-
- India’s foreign exchange reserves hit a life-time high of 424.361 billion US dollar after rising by 1.828 billion dollars in the week to March 30, according to the Reserve Bank of India data.
6.4th National Workshop for Training on Autism Started in New Delhi-
- A 3 days national workshop for Training of Master Trainers on AutismTools- INCLEN and ISAA for Diagnosis and Management of Autism Spectrum Disorder in Children has started in VigyanBhawan, New Delhi from 08th april 2018.
7.Patna Tops in 4G Connectivity among 20 largest Cities-
- According to the report of OpenSignal, a wireless coverage mapping company Patna tops in 4G connectivity among India’s largest 20 cities. It has emerged ahead of cities like Bengaluru, Mumbai and Delhi.
8. RBI to set up Data Sciences Lab-
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has decided to set up Data Sciences Lab to improve its forecasting, surveillance and early warning detection abilities which will aid policy formulation.
9.Govt. changes ICICI Bank’s nominee on the Bank Board from 5 April-
- Lok Ranjan, a joint secretary at Department of Financial Services in the Finance Ministry, has replaced Government nominee Amit Agrawal.
10.UAE and Malaysia Conclude Joint Military Exercise 'Desert Tiger 5'-
- The United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Malaysia concluded joint military exercise “Desert Tiger 5” aimed at sharing expertise and enhancing joint military actions in Dubai, UAE.
- The military exercise was aimed at raising the level of performance and combat efficiency and working together between both countries based on the strategy to improve the overall ability and combat readiness of ground forces.
11.Leander Paes Becomes Most Successful Player In Davis Cup-
- Paes created a new world record by becoming the most successful doubles player in Davis Cup history, winning his 43rd such matches. In this match Paes and Bopanna beat China’s Mao-Xin Gong & Di Wu in Tianjin, China.
12.Uttar Pradesh Government launches Ganga Hariteema Yojana-
- Uttar Pradesh Government launched Ganga Hariteema Yojana (also known as Ganga Greenery scheme) in 27 districts of the state located on the bank of river Ganga. It was launched by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath in a function organized on the bank of Sangam the confluence of rivers of Ganga, Yamuna, and Saraswati.