Current Affairs of 07 September 2018 following:-
1. PM Inaugurates India's 1st Global Mobility Summit:-
- Prime Minister Modi inaugurated India's first Global Mobility summit 'MOVE' in New Delhi. Comprehensive discussions along 5 themes took place ranging from electrification and alternative fuels and reinventing public transport. The two-day meet of stakeholders has been organized by the NITI Aayog.
- The summit deliberated on 5 themes, comprehensive: electrification & alternative fuels, reinventing public transport, goods transport & logistics, and data analytics and mobility. The main focus of the summit is to make cities of India pollution free.
2. Facebook to open its 1st ever Asian data centre in Singapore:-
- Facebook will invest over $1 billion to build its first Asian data centre in Singapore, which is expected to open in 2022.
- The new site is at Tanjong Kling, located in the western part of Singapore, and in an area formerly known as Data Centre Park.
- Facebook runs 15 other data centres worldwide, mostly in the US and European markets such as Ireland and Sweden.
3. Piyush Goyal Launched 'AAPOORTI' App Of ‘Indian Railways e-Procurement System’:-
- Ministry of Railways & Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS) organised a seminar on “Leveraging IT for Mobility” in New Delhi.
- Minister of Railways & Coal, Shri Piyush Goyal graced the occasion as the Chief Guest. Shri Goyal also launched a new app – “AAPOORTI’ mobile App of ‘Indian Railways e-procurement system’ (IREPS).
4. India, US agree to work together on India's NSG membership:-
- India's bid for entry into the 48-member Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG) is being opposed by China citing that New Delhi is not a signatory to the Nuclear Proliferation Treaty (NPT).
- Both India and US were committed to the full implementation of the civil nuclear energy partnership and collaboration between Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) and Westinghouse Electric Company for the establishment of six nuclear power plants in India.
5. 6th Edition of Bengaluru Space Expo Inaugurated:-
- The 6th edition of the biennial Bengaluru Space Expo was inaugurated by ISRO Chairman Dr.K Sivan in Bengaluru, Karnataka. The three-day event showcased industry participation in Indian space programme.
- ISRO Chairman Dr K Sivan addressed that the ISRO wants to offer manufacturing of PSLV and small satellite launch vehicles along with small satellites to private industries.
- A sum of 10,400 crore rupees is earmarked for manufacturing of PSLV launch vehicle out of which 9000 crore rupees worth production will be given to private industries.
6. India-Sri Lanka Joint Exercise SLINEX-2018 Begins in Sri Lanka:-
- Indian navy ships and aircraft have arrived in Sri Lanka to take part in the joint exercise SLINEX-2018 to be held with Sri Lankan navy at Trincomalee.
- The exercise which was previously held biannually has been converted to an annual event from this year to enhance cooperation in the maritime domain and to further strengthen mutual trust and interoperability between the two navies.
7. ISSF World Championship: Saurabh Chaudhary Clinches Gold:-
India’s Saurabh Chaudhary continued his brilliant run of form as he clinched the 10 metres Air Pistol Junior gold at the International Shooting Sports Federation (ISSF) Shooting World Championship in Changwon, South Korea.
The 16-year-old produced an impressive show in the final to clinch the gold with a new junior world record. Arjun Singh Cheema claimed bronze in the same event.
8. Monetary Limit For Filing Cases In DRT Doubled To Rs 20 Lakh:-
The government of India has doubled the monetary limit to 20 lakh rupees for filing loan recovery application in the Debt Recovery Tribunals (DRT) by banks and financial institutions.
As per the Finance Ministry, the move is aimed at helping reduce pendency of cases in DRTs. There are 39 DRTs in the country. To make the tribunals more effective and to facilitate fast disposal of debt recovery cases, the government has made several amendments to different laws, including the SARFAESI Act.
9. 87th Izmir International Tradeshow Begins in Turkey:-
India is the Partner Country in the 87th Izmir International tradeshow which begins in Turkey. In this tradeshow, India will also be launching a mega business pavilion ‘Source India’ hosting 75 Indian companies with the aim of tie-ups in order to increase India’s exports to Turkey and other neighbouring countries.
The 87th Izmir International tradeshow will be held in Izmir, the third most populous city in Turkey, after Istanbul and Ankara.
10. India ranks 19th in 'Theft Rankings' regarding Nuclear Materials Security:-
- Nuclear Security Index (NSI) published a report on theft rankings of ‘weapon-usable’ nuclear materials, in which India holds a score of 46 out of 100. It is followed by Pakistan on the 20th position with 44 points.
- Australia and Switzerland are on the first position with a score of 94 each, followed by Canada with 89, Germany and Japan with 88 out of a total of 100.