Current Affairs of 03 September 2018 following as:-
1. First woman High Court Chief Justice appointed in Pakistan:-
- Justice Syeda Tahira Safdar was sworn in as the first woman Chief Justice of a Pakistani High Court. Safdar, who took over as the Chief Justice of the Balochistan High Court, is also the first woman civil judge in the province.
- She was part of a three-judge special court hearing the treason case against former President Pervez Musharraf.
2. Fourth International Ayurveda Congress inaugurated in the Netherlands:-
- The 4th International Ayurveda Congress (IAvC) was inaugurated by the Union Minister of State for AYUSH Shripad Yesso Naik in the Netherlands.
- The Congress aims to focus on promotion and propagation of Ayurveda in the Netherlands and its neighboring countries of Europe.
- The AYUSH Minister is on a four-day visit to the Netherlands, leading a delegation comprising senior officials from the Ministry of Ayush including the Pharmacopoeia Commission of Indian Medicine and Homeopathy.
- He said the intention of the government is to bring convergence and synergy between traditional medicine, modern medicine, and modern sciences for scientific validation of Ayurveda concepts and development of research and development based drugs.
3. West Bengal government launched a mobile blood donation camp:-
- The West Bengal government has launched a mobile blood donation camp in a red luxury bus.
- The bus moves from location to location, collecting blood in West Bengal.
- The health activists said that this move by the government is a major success as the bus is often seen in the city collecting blood samples. The service is free of cost.
4. India, Cyprus sign key agreements in various fields:-
- India and Cyprus on September 3, 2018, signed key agreements in various areas to cement bilateral ties between both the countries following delegation-level talks between President Ram Nath Kovind and Cyprus President Nicos Anastasiades. Both the leaders held the discussion on issues of mutual importance for the two countries.
- One of MoUs was signed between Financial Intelligence Unit of India and Unit for Combating Money Laundering of Cyprus on combating money laundering.
- This agreement would further strengthen the institutional framework to facilitate investment cross-flows.
5. ISRO to launch 19 missions in just 7 months:-
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) will conduct 19 missions, including 10 satellites and nine launch vehicles, in the next seven months between September and March.
- It will include the launch of India's second moon mission Chandrayaan-2. ISRO planned to launch two satellites within 30 days consecutively for months.
- The services would be resumed on September 15 with the PSLV C42 mission, which will carry UK satellites - Novasar and S1-4 - as the main payload. Then, ISRO will launch GSLV Mk III-D2, also known as ‘Bahubali’.
6. Egypt's President ratifies law to monitor social media users:-
- Egypt's President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi has ratified a law granting authorities the right to monitor social media users in the country as part of tightening internet controls.
- The development will allow the state's Supreme Council for Media Regulations to place people with more than 5,000 followers on social media or with a personal blog or website under supervision.
- The council will also be authorized to suspend or block any personal account which publishes or broadcasts fake news or any information violating the law, violence or hatred.
7. Prime Minister Narendra Modi launches India Post Payments Bank:-
- The Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi launched the India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) at Talkatora Stadium in New Delhi. The initiative seeks to leverage the expansive network of the postal department to ensure financial inclusion for the masses.
- In fact, simultaneous launch events were held for the IPPBs at 650 branches and 3,250 access points.
- The objective of IPPB is to build the most accessible, affordable and trusted bank for the common man, spearhead the financial inclusion agenda by removing the barriers for the unbanked and reduce the opportunity cost for the underbanked populace through assisted doorstep banking.
8. Sakshi Choudhary clinches a gold medal at World Youth Boxing in Budapest:-
- Former junior world champion boxer Sakshi Choudhary clinched the gold medal in the women’s 57 kg category at the World Youth Boxing in Budapest on August 31, 2018. She beat Croatia’s Nikolina Cacic to attain the top position.
- Other Indians Manisha and Anamika settled for silver medals in the 64 kg and 51 kg categories.
- Earlier, Indian boxers Jony and Astha Pahwa joined Bhavesh Kattimani, Ankit Khatana, Neha Yadav and Sakshi Gaidhani in settling for bronze medals after semifinal losses in various weight categories.