Current Affairs of June 02, 2018, are as follows:-
1. CWG gold medallist weightlifter Sanjita Chanu fails a dope test:-
- Two-time Commonwealth Games champion weightlifter Sanjita Chanu, who had won a gold in the women's 53kg category in the 2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games, was tested positive for a banned anabolic steroid, testosterone.
- As a consequence, the Athlete would be provisionally suspended in the view of a potential anti-doping rule violation.
- Sanjita had taken part in the 53kg class in the World Championship in Anaheim (US) in November last year, finishing 13th with a total lift of 177kg.
2. Andhra Pradesh Got Its Own Symbols:-
- Neem and black buck declared as the state tree and animal respectively of Andhra Pradesh.
- The rose-ringed parakeet will be the state bird while jasmine will be the state flower.
- The announcement was made by the Principal Secretary of Environment and Forests G Anantha Ramu.
3. Tata Motors signed MoU With Maharashtra To Promote E-Mobility:-
- Tata Motors (India's largest automobile company by revenues) signed a MoU with the State Government of Maharashtra for deployment of 1000 Electric Vehicles (EV) across its range of passenger and commercial vehicles in the State.
- The company also partnered Tata group company, Tata Power Ltd to set up of EV Charging Stations in the State.
- The MoU boosts the Maharashtra Electric Vehicle Policy 2018 in accelerating the adoption of EVs in Maharashtra.
4. Vijay Goel Confers FICCI Smart Policing Awards 2018:-
- Statistics and Programme Implementation Minister Vijay Goel conferred FICCI Smart Policing Awards 2018 to police officials of the central armed police force and states police in New Delhi.
5. Union Government launches new scheme SevaBhojYojna:-
- The Union Ministry of Culture introduced a new scheme called ‘SevaBhojYojna’ to reimburse the central share of CGST and IGST on items for food/Prasad/langar/Bhandara offered free of cost by charitable religious institutions.
- The scheme launched for financial years 2018-19 and 2019-20 with a total outlay of Rs. 325.00 crores.
- The main objective of the scheme is to lessen the financial burden of such charitable religious institutions, which provide free of cost without any discrimination to the general public and devotees.
6. IMD launches a new system to improve weather forecasts:-
- The India Meteorological Department (IMD) launched a new Ensemble Prediction Systems (EPS) to provide probabilistic weather forecasts up to the next 10 days.
- According to IMD, these new systems shall improve upon deterministic forecasts that are prone to high margins of error.
- The EPS involves generation of multiple forecasts using slightly varying initial conditions.
- The forecast related to the intensity of the weather will also be more accurate and color coded.
- The new model has been developed jointly by Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology and National Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasting.
7. Kailash Satyarthi and ISRO Chief Gets 'Santokbaa Humanitarian' Award:-
- President Ram Nath Kovind presented the 'Santokbaa Humanitarian Award' to Child rights activist and Noble Laureate Kailash Satyarthi and space scientist A S Kiran Kumar, Chairman of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) in Surat, Gujarat.
- The award was instituted by Shree Ramkrishna Knowledge Foundation (SRKKF) and led by diamond baron Govind Dholakia.
- The award includes a trophy and a prize money of Rs 1 crore each to the awardees.
8. Kendrick Lamar Receives Pulitzer Prize In Music:-
- Kendrick Lamar received the Pulitzer Prize in music for his album “Damn.” Lamar is the first rapper in history to be given the award.
- Previous recipients included Bob Dylan, Hank Williams, and Duke Ellington. Lamar had received this award at Columbia University.
9. PM Modi gives Padma Shri award to Tommy Koh:-
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi handed over the Padma Shri award, India’s fourth highest civilian awards, to former Singaporean diplomat Tommy Koh.
10. Amit Khare assumes charge As I&B Secretary:-
- An IAS office Amit Khare assumed charge as Secretary in the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting on superannuation of Narendra Kumar Sinha.
- Prior to his appointment, Mr. Khare was Additional Chief Secretary, Government of Jharkhand.