Current Affairs of 02 November 2018 are as follows:-
1. Tourism Minister K J Alphons Attends Program And Budget Committee Meeting of UNWTO:-
- Tourism minister KJ Alphons along with a delegation of senior officials attended the 109th session of United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) Executive Council in Manama, Bahrain. The Executive Council will discuss several topics on the agenda that are related to the development of the global Tourism sector.
- During the opening day of the Executive Council meeting, Alphons chaired the ‘Programme and Budget Committee’ meeting of UNWTO. For the first time, UNWTO had a surplus budget and most of the arrears due have been paid. India will be the chair of Programme and Budget Committee of Executive Council till 2021.
2. Qatar To Host World Corporate Games in 2019:-
- Qatar will host the 23rd edition of the World Corporate Games 2019. The Games will provide an opportunity for corporations around the world to showcase their competitive prowess through sports, the organisers said.
- This is the first time the World Corporate Games will be held in the Middle East. The sporting event takes place every one to two years and the last edition was held in Houston in the US last year.
3. Azhar Ali Announces Retirement From ODIs:-
- Senior Pakistan batsman Azhar Ali announced his retirement from limited overs cricket in order to concentrate fully on Test cricket.
- 33-year old Azhar stated that he had taken the decision to focus only on Test cricket and also because he felt the time was right.
4. Mary Kom Named Brand Ambassador Of 2018 Women's World Boxing Championships:-
- Olympic bronze medalist and five-time World Champion, MC Mary Kom has been named as the brand ambassador of the 10th edition of the Women's World Championship in New Delhi.
- Mary Kom will be seeking her sixth Women's World Championship crown and second gold at home since 2006, as she leads the Indian contingent for the 2018 AIBA Women's World Boxing Championships to be held at the IG Stadium's K.D. Jhadav Hall.
5.4th NITI Aayog- DRC Dialogue Held in Mumbai:-
- The Fourth Dialogue of the NITI Aayog – Development Research Centre (DRC) of the State Council, Peoples’ Republic of China was held in Mumbai. The Chinese delegation was led by Mr Li Wei, President of DRC and the Indian delegation was led by Dr Rajiv Kumar, Vice Chairman of NITI Aayog.
- This is the second ministerial dialogue between China and India since the meeting of Chinese President Xi Jinping and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Johannesburg during the BRICS summit in July 2018.
6. First-ever India-US Dialogue On Intellectual Property Begins:-
- The first ever India-US Dialogue on Intellectual Property has been launched in Delhi to deepen bilateral strategic cooperation on IP policy.
- The dialogue was launched by US Chamber of Commerce's Global Innovation Policy Center (GIPC) and FICCI in partnership with the US-India Business Council. It will be convened annually, alternating between New Delhi and Washington, DC.
7. IAF Seminar On Emerging Trends In Aviation Engineering And Logistics (AVIAMAT – 2018):-
- Indian Air Force has organised a two-day seminar on ‘Emerging Trends in Aviation Engineering and Logistics’ (AVIAMAT-2018) at Air Force Auditorium, Subroto Park, New Delhi.
- The Seminar brought together designers, producers, and users of high-tech aviation equipment to discuss the potential of innovative indigenous technologies.